The Official Heisenbeans Forum Competition

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
well here is our comp plants. Have not had any nut trouble but they are not my usual look for this far into flower. Now that said they are coming on. I just started using living soil and added using aqua pots for watering and I can see there is a learning curve. Next time I will load the bottom few inches of soil with extra amendments and see how it goes as top dressing and watering from bottom seems a bit slow. Added some extra mag to the res and plants picked right up lost the red stems they do seem to be mag hogs as someone else said.

Picts.

comp flower 1.jpg

comp flower 2.jpg

comp flower.jpg

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
@Turpman
Is that polyfil mulch? Is it easy to remove to top dress? Great idea!
Yes i use it as a fungus nat barrier. Plants were started indoors. Probly not necessary in the GH but its on and reflects a bit of light. Another cheep barrier is the flat sheet of polly. I think i bought it as painters cover. I have it over a 7 gal pot water goes through nice but the nats cant get in.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
What's better for cloning, bubbler with just air stones or mister? Both ran 24/7.
Please any and all opinions
I tried the bubbler. Didnt get enough water up to stems.
I use a pump with 6 nozles H shape manifold. 5 gal bucket. Plastic top that is sunk 1" down inside with holes for netpots/foam to sit in. Timer 15min off 20sec on. Cheep dollar store dome. Maybe my air pump wasnt strong enough.

V3n0M

Super Active Member
What's better for cloning, bubbler with just air stones or mister? Both ran 24/7.
Please any and all opinions

Spray cloner or whatever its called. i think the one i have is a 2.5gl bucket.

I cut at a 45 angle, gently scrape the stem, dip in root gel. Then into the cloner it goes. No humidity domes, no foliar spray.

I use my tap water that has chlorine in it. I add about 20ml of clonex and PH to 5.1 (ph raises to about 6 within a few hours), water temp sits around 75 and i change the water every 3 days. The cuttings i have in it now showed roots in about 6 days (alienog x gg)

Last year between my buddy and myself we ran about 5 different seeds of Topanga Wedding and that strain would take 14days just to show roots. Purple Cake & Dubstep also took about 6 days to show roots.

Overall, I have had pretty good luck. 100% success rate with it.

1622776860963.png

F series

Insanely Active Member
Spray cloner or whatever its called. i think the one i have is a 2.5gl bucket.

I cut at a 45 angle, gently scrape the stem, dip in root gel. Then into the cloner it goes. No humidity domes, no foliar spray.

I use my tap water that has chlorine in it. I add about 20ml of clonex and PH to 5.1 (ph raises to about 6 within a few hours), water temp sits around 75 and i change the water every 3 days. The cuttings i have in it now showed roots in about 6 days (alienog x gg)

Last year between my buddy and myself we ran about 5 different seeds of Topanga Wedding and that strain would take 14days just to show roots. Purple Cake & Dubstep also took about 6 days to show roots.

Overall, I have had pretty good luck. 100% success rate with it.

View attachment 93171
This is basically what I built. I probably should have used 1½ inch collars instead of 2 inch. I can only fit 9 instead of 16. But whatever lol.

Thanks man,I'll just keep this one
I've dipped in clonex before and the stems turned to straight mush lol I mix in water now too, but such a small amount I know it's useless haha.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
This is basically what I built. I probably should have used 1½ inch collars instead of 2 inch. I can only fit 9 instead of 16. But whatever lol.

Thanks man,I'll just keep this one
I've dipped in clonex before and the stems turned to straight mush lol I mix in water now too, but such a small amount I know it's useless haha.
Ya think the clonex made ur stem mush?

F series

Insanely Active Member
Ya think the clonex made ur stem mush?
Yeah, after a few days I checked the stems, they were slimy with the gel still on them. I cut the ¾ inch affected stem and put them back. Then they rooted lol.

Usually 5-7 day root, and once I see one root, the next day I have to transplant. Or learn to hydro lmao.

I started growing cause a close person started getting sick and throwing up from dispensary weed.

And I feel it's easier to grow weed than produce indoors, which I'd rather do but idk about pot sizes. I can grow huge marijuana in 1# of soil.

What veggies can I grow in 1# of soil, other than leafys and radishes?

(If someone has knowledge on this please let me know)

Ohio.george

Insanely Active Member
well here is our comp plants. Have not had any nut trouble but they are not my usual look for this far into flower. Now that said they are coming on. I just started using living soil and added using aqua pots for watering and I can see there is a learning curve. Next time I will load the bottom few inches of soil with extra amendments and see how it goes as top dressing and watering from bottom seems a bit slow. Added some extra mag to the res and plants picked right up lost the red stems they do seem to be mag hogs as someone else said.

Picts.

View attachment 93156

View attachment 93157

View attachment 93158
Yup thats it! They will keep gaining the whole way. Mine are now starting to topple over from the weight.

Kushash

Insanely Active Member
This is # 3. For a while it came out of nowhere growing 3" a day reaching 57". It will likely be one of the last to finish.
I bent the top over 2 weeks ago. I bent it some more the next day, I felt I may have bent it a little too far and I was staring at it as the stem collapsed a few seconds later. I was a little afraid it might be severed but was hoping it would be OK. Turns out it was a good bend as it is doing fine.

100_7970.JPG

100_7965.JPG

100_7969.JPG

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
This is # 3. For a while it came out of nowhere growing 3" a day reaching 57". It will likely be one of the last to finish.
I bent the top over 2 weeks ago. I bent it some more the next day, I felt I may have bent it a little too far and I was staring at it as the stem collapsed a few seconds later. I was a little afraid it might be severed but was hoping it would be OK. Turns out it was a good bend as it is doing fine.

View attachment 93200

View attachment 93201

View attachment 93202
I'm going to have to supercrop mine, too, they are like an inch from my lights, and the lights are as high as they will go. When I've supercropped mine in the past I just give them a 90° bend. I've even had some split at the corners of the bend and they just heal up and grow knuckles over the wounds.