The Official Heisenbeans Forum Competition

F series

Insanely Active Member
Cleaned up 3 of 4.
Removed any lowers that get wet during watering, or I knew weren't going to grow further.

Since up potting, everything is getting better.

Also, for updates, you should quote your last post. So you can view the update and previous images much easier.

Also easier to track your post dates etc.

Happy growing🌱🌿
Screenshot_20210501-085815.png

printer

Super Active Member
I ain't lying - just bought "2gal 'short' pots" - which are about a 1g size volume-wise. I noticed after some harvests the 1-gallon rootball will easily pull from the 3 or 5gallon pot with a few sturdy yanks. Super dense, with most growth between the re-pots on the bottom. To me this means either I need to fuck up the rootball when I transplant, or go with pots that most of the 'up-pot dirt' is on the bottom and not the sides.
I fuck up the root ball, I take the center of it and spread the roots outward. Is it better? Still new at this so trying different things.

By the way, does anyone know how big these plants can get given the time as compared to giving them more time to veg?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I fuck up the root ball, I take the center of it and spread the roots outward. Is it better? Still new at this so trying different things.

By the way, does anyone know how big these plants can get given the time as compared to giving them more time to veg?
The main roots head straight for the bottom, then fan out and start growing around and back up. Messing with the bottom too much and you can catch too many ot those and stunt them for a while. I think that's where people get a longer transitional period while they get settled. Might be better for them in the end though, I do that with tomatos for sure LOL

I squeeze it around while it's still in the old pot to loosen up the soil and pull it out sideways so the loose dirt falls off the top. Tthen I just manipulate it so the loose roots hang and any more loose dirt falls off, then bury the bitch and call it good. I do all that over the new pot. Using top dressings, whatever I fed them I want to stay in there.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb

Look at my fruit punch etc. That's what happens when you veg H beans more than 4 weeks lol. Ripping up your roots is counterproductive imo. Transplant sooner and you shouldn't have to. A week to a week and a half in a solo should be ideal. Not only can it stunt your growth but it can open you up to infections pathogens etc.

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
The main roots head straight for the bottom, then fan out and start growing around and back up. Messing with the bottom too much and you can catch too many ot those and stunt them for a while. I think that's where people get a longer transitional period while they get settled. Might be better for them in the end though, I do that with tomatos for sure LOL

I squeeze it around while it's still in the old pot to loosen up the soil and pull it out sideways so the loose dirt falls off the top. Tthen I just manipulate it so the loose roots hang and any more loose dirt falls off, then bury the bitch and call it good. I do all that over the new pot. Using top dressings, whatever I fed them I want to stay in there.
I grab her by the throat and tap her out. If she doesn't come out in one chunk, she wasn't ready to be transplanted yet.
No sense babying the damn things. lol

printer

Super Active Member
Look at my fruit punch etc. That's what happens when you veg H beans more than 4 weeks lol. Ripping up your roots is counterproductive imo. Transplant sooner and you shouldn't have to. A week to a week and a half in a solo should be ideal. Not only can it stunt your growth but it can open you up to infections pathogens etc.
Just wondering what this plant would do outside or with time on its hands and no limits.

The plants I have done this to have become sort of root bound, started circling the bottom of the pot. I stretch out the root and extend it to cover more area in the new pot. When I harvested my plants I found the root ball filling up the whole pot. I might lose a little time growing, I never compared one loosened up and one not.

F series

Insanely Active Member
I'll tell you right now, if you don't want to water everyday, get bigger pots, shit can be a bitch.
And if you have over 50% aeration.... Water small amounts, or else you'll jua

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'll tell you right now, if you don't want to water everyday, get bigger pots, shit can be a bitch.
And if you have over 50% aeration.... Water small amounts, or else you'll jua
I continually up-pot - watering frequency is the decider. I uppotted a 3' tall auto in week 5 of flower from a 3g to a 5g because of that.

The other thing to do if hand-watering is get a small rake, or a back scratcher or something and scuff up the topsoil before watering. And if you water and it all runs out the bottom, you can poke a dull-ended coathanger, stick, spike, screwdriver etc. and just poke it in the soil repeatedly to aerate. Then think about up-potting :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I grab her by the throat and tap her out. If she doesn't come out in one chunk, she wasn't ready to be transplanted yet.
No sense babying the damn things. lol
I was talking about investigating after harvest. I sift the soil, so getting the root-ball out is just part of it. But that is stuff I noticed while doing the 'post-harvest review' to see if I can learn anything.

F series

Insanely Active Member
I continually up-pot - watering frequency is the decider. I uppotted a 3' tall auto in week 5 of flower from a 3g to a 5g because of that.

The other thing to do if hand-watering is get a small rake, or a back scratcher or something and scuff up the topsoil before watering. And if you water and it all runs out the bottom, you can poke a dull-ended coathanger, stick, spike, screwdriver etc. and just poke it in the soil repeatedly to aerate. Then think about up-potting :)
Oh yeah, definitely disrupt top soil :cool:

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
Well time goes bye quick been 7 days since the comp plants went to the bud tent and put on auto pots. In short they love their new home. Plants have gone nuts always praying at lights on with good stout legs and definitely putting a bit of stretch on. They used about 18 gallons in a week for 5 plants so they were thirsty. The 2 in back on one in middle were a week ahead of the 2 in the front.

Picts

flip 7 day.jpg

flip 7 day 1.jpg
back right
flip 7 day 2.jpg
Back left
flip 7 day 3.jpg

They will get some of these large leaves removed later today.