The Official Heisenbeans Forum Competition

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Turned the light up to 80% power today (15k Lux). I topped the plants last Wednesday when I watered.
I had been messing with the lux meter, then finally said screw it, the plants kept looking average to droop. I set the light at the height I usually use, then went by the temp to dial it back. I'm going to check to see what finally worked, but the lumens is only part of it. You could have the light at 1' and dialed back, or at 3' and full power and get equal lumens at the tops (for example). There's still a sweet spot that takes some intuition.

View attachment 90034 anybody every use this?
Not yet, but as soon as I can get a few cuttings of A,B, or M worked up I am about to. According to H Adub reverses like a champ and it's best to take cuttings, see who looks the best, then reverse the whole plant. After seeing everybody's AD X AC girls in action I can think of no better strain to bust my cherry on cuz I wanna be a chucker to.
CSS.jpg

Kushash

Insanely Active Member
#4, 6 & 7 were fed 3 TBL of FF Marine Cuisine 10-7-7 and a half cup of fresh EWC today.
Will see how things go with those for a few days before feeding the others.
5 is the smallest and the healthiest.
6 & 7 are the tallest at 20" & 21".
I am probably erring on the side of over watering. I'll hopefully let the pots get a little lighter in the next few weeks and will experiment on watering less with the clones next run.
Happy Growing!

100_7621.JPG

100_7622.JPG

100_7625.JPG

100_7628.JPG

100_7630.JPG

100_7633.JPG

100_7637.JPG

100_7639.JPG

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Sweet spot=desired spread+optimal lumens for me. Eficiency is what your after here. The par from a light 10feet wont be any different than the light at 1 inch if the spread is optimal in both lights. However the light at 10 feet is gonna use alot more power and in turn make alot more heat and kwh on your bill. Run a mini map with your meter and adjust the height and power till all your plants have the optimal par/lux when they are tight together. As your plants grow you need more spread so raise your light and also your power accordingly so your spread is optimal for the space your plants occupy. With larger light builds this is achiged easier with multiple driver setups per light . Journal your results at different lux levels and stages of growth to build an idea of optimal levels you want to maintain. Jf diares page 115 line 7.
I had been messing with the lux meter, then finally said screw it, the plants kept looking average to droop. I set the light at the height I usually use, then went by the temp to dial it back. I'm going to check to see what finally worked, but the lumens is only part of it. You could have the light at 1' and dialed back, or at 3' and full power and get equal lumens at the tops (for example). There's still a sweet spot that takes some intuition.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I noticed the comp girls drooped when I tried to give them what I usually use led wise in veg but the two I put in the flower room with a couple CMH don't mind the added light at all and they keep praying, I dropped the lights a tad still happy, I am going to put the other comp girls into the flower room next week after I take a clone or two, i need to chop a couple plants to make room, hopefully they are ripe by mid week...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I bought some "short" pots LOL
I ain't lying - just bought "2gal 'short' pots" - which are about a 1g size volume-wise. I noticed after some harvests the 1-gallon rootball will easily pull from the 3 or 5gallon pot with a few sturdy yanks. Super dense, with most growth between the re-pots on the bottom. To me this means either I need to fuck up the rootball when I transplant, or go with pots that most of the 'up-pot dirt' is on the bottom and not the sides.

Opie1

Master Grower
#4, 6 & 7 were fed 3 TBL of FF Marine Cuisine 10-7-7 and a half cup of fresh EWC today.
Will see how things go with those for a few days before feeding the others.
5 is the smallest and the healthiest.
6 & 7 are the tallest at 20" & 21".
I am probably erring on the side of over watering. I'll hopefully let the pots get a little lighter in the next few weeks and will experiment on watering less with the clones next run.
Happy Growing!

View attachment 90056

View attachment 90057

View attachment 90058

View attachment 90059

View attachment 90060

View attachment 90061

View attachment 90062

View attachment 90063
😳

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I ain't lying - just bought "2gal 'short' pots" - which are about a 1g size volume-wise. I noticed after some harvests the 1-gallon rootball will easily pull from the 3 or 5gallon pot with a few sturdy yanks. Super dense, with most growth between the re-pots on the bottom. To me this means either I need to fuck up the rootball when I transplant, or go with pots that most of the 'up-pot dirt' is on the bottom and not the sides.
That's actually why I quit up potting to 5gal, I realized I was tossing slightly explored media, in sog I been staying in the 2/1gal, I messed with the roots every way to Sunday and was still not fully using every inch of the 5 gal..