The Official Heisenbeans Forum Competition

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
Damn... what Chips do these have ? The drivers I'm more interested in. Coulda saved a smooth 80 bucks if these dont have tarrifs etc
Osram and Samsung. They are top of the line.
Those Growmau5 logic pucks are great also. I learned to build led lights from growmau5.
I got a 600 watt driver for 32.00 on ebay. 48 volts at 12.5 amps
Gonna run 24 at around 1000 mA of the Growdaddy strips. Will be a very nice and even canopy spread.

Last edited:

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
Nice! For a bit under 100 you can still get the qb120s too. Not a bad deal. Especially if you can pair with those discount drivers
Yes, all these guys products are top of the line, but it's about what you have planned for your grows.
Do you want "trees" or do you want "lettuce"(lol), I mean an even canopy. You can't beat COBs and Quantum boards for getting deep into the canopy, if you got some distance between your flowers, COBs will blast to the dirt. With good airflow, flowers can wave in and out of the intensity and grow huge.
I use all 3 types, COB's, QB's, and the strips. I'm constantly changing things around, experimenting. lol

Meatman

Meat Master
Shit...I need to stop spending money. I just ordered the 2x4 AC Infinity tent, and another light kit from Peter, because I decided I wanted better coverage for these contest plants. I really wanted to try out their tents, though. They look really nicely made and this size for $89 will be a great tester for when I eventually want to get a new 4x4.

View attachment 89399
How many strips did you get my comp plants are in the exact same tent with a 8 strip light from Peter lol

Meatman

Meat Master
Shit...I need to stop spending money. I just ordered the 2x4 AC Infinity tent, and another light kit from Peter, because I decided I wanted better coverage for these contest plants. I really wanted to try out their tents, though. They look really nicely made and this size for $89 will be a great tester for when I eventually want to get a new 4x4.

View attachment 89399
I have the 4x4 and the 5x5 from them as well they are getting set up tonight with all new ac infinity fans and filters the viviosuns are coming down and getting thrown in the garbage

Ohio.george

Insanely Active Member

View attachment 89399
I love my 4 x 4

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN

View attachment 89399
One came in the mail last week but works been a drag and I haven't opened the box yet, Problem is I have to clean an area to set ip up I obviously have my head up my arse or priorities mixed up! 🤔... My new 720 watt 8 bar foldout led came today...

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Yes, all these guys products are top of the line, but it's about what you have planned for your grows.
Do you want "trees" or do you want "lettuce"(lol), I mean an even canopy. You can't beat COBs and Quantum boards for getting deep into the canopy, if you got some distance between your flowers, COBs will blast to the dirt. With good airflow, flowers can wave in and out of the intensity and grow huge.
I use all 3 types, COB's, QB's, and the strips. I'm constantly changing things around, experimenting. lol
I got qb 324s and even those are too tight of a spread for my taste. If the top of your canopy can only handle a max par then after that the intensity will drop off accordingly. I dont have scientific data but when it comes to penetration for me having more diodes spreading light through the canopy at more angles will provide superior penetration than having a light with a limited sized mapping blasting down cause once again your tops can only take so much and after that the light withers away quickly. Lenses etc can do the same for you with a board as a cob. Just my opinion thought process if anyone cares lol.

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
I got qb 324s and even those are too tight of a spread for my taste. If the top of your canopy can only handle a max par then after that the intensity will drop off accordingly. I dont have scientific data but when it comes to penetration for me having more diodes spreading light through the canopy at more angles will provide superior penetration than having a light with a limited sized mapping blasting down cause once again your tops can only take so much and after that the light withers away quickly. Lenses etc can do the same for you with a board as a cob. Just my opinion thought process if anyone cares lol.
I already have the COBs on bars. I added the strips right beside the COBs. I had planned ahead when I first started building lights. Everything I have is interchangeable, easily upgraded without buying more heatsinks etc. It's a hobby I have been doing for 4 or 5 years now.
I agree with you, it's about getting the photons in the right places. Those edges and corners drop off fast. Those plants can take a lot of photons , if, your environment is dialed in.