The Official Heisenbeans Forum Competition

Meatman

Meat Master
He also recommended keeping lights higher and dimmer - how many are sticking to that vs pumping the lights because they think they are behind? :)
My light is only running about half way and my lux meter is reading 26000 or so so they aren’t getting to much

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
It would be nice if you had the same # of days from dropping the seeds till harvest as the rest of us.
Everyone should be given the same # of days IMO.
When you think about it, because the competition is for the “Prettiest” Bud, you prolly won’t need ten weeks of flower time because then tend to look pretty ratty at the end. The best looking Bud pics will probably come from plants in that 7 or 8 week range, IMO.

Kushash

Insanely Active Member
When you think about it, because the competition is for the “Prettiest” Bud, you prolly won’t need ten weeks of flower time because then tend to look pretty ratty at the end. The best looking Bud pics will probably come from plants in that 7 or 8 week range, IMO.
It will be interesting to see how that goes.
I was going to flip Sunday but if I don't have pre flowers I might wait till Tuesday.
I won't wait any longer because I don't want to miss the 2 additional weeks of fattening.
My personal goal as mentioned are to win or finish in the top tier in 3 categories.
Healthiest plant, largest fan leaf and largest cola.

I have a 4th goal. I will likely crush everyone having the most 8 and 9 blade leaves since I already have 4 8 blade leaves and 1 9 blade leaf with several node yet to be seen. I'm not worried about my flowers for the best flower part of the comp.

Have you ever had a leaf below the cotyledons?
Maybe it's common but it's a 1st for me ever noticing it on one of my comp plants.

100_7465.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think that simply not topping them for me will get a larger bud than I usually do. I will prune them up so there's not a lot of larf, but the main thing is I'll get a bunch of flowers to smoke regardless :)

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
He also recommended keeping lights higher and dimmer - how many are sticking to that vs pumping the lights because they think they are behind? :)
Looks to me that most are growing other plants as well as the comp ones. I personally wouldn't dim just for a few that might affect the others.
I always run my lights at 24" to 30" full on during veg when I think they can handle it, and manage the heat.

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
Most of our plants run 8-9 weeks average with many being done close to 8 weeks so a bit more veg time for me. These comp. plants are aggressive growers and a bit more time should yield killer plants.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Looks to me that most are growing other plants as well as the comp ones. I personally wouldn't dim just for a few that might affect the others.
I always run my lights at 24" to 30" full on during veg when I think they can handle it, and manage the heat.
I run mine fairly gentle anway - part of my recent success at not burning the fuck out of plants... Only issue I have is a damn auto that is in the same room. I would drop the lights to get them in that 25k range but fuck autos... Still, it's good to see they are still thriving under much less. Only thing I am not seeing is secondary development. The sprouts are slow. I could usually think about topping three weeks in, but those two are not ready. That said, the GMO Cake and an older H-tester planted at the same time are larger overall and have good sprouts. Might be a strain thing or just my beans.

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
Update...no pics they are sprouts! Put 1 in a 9 litre square pot and 1 in a 3 gallon pot to see what happens. 3 are still in their little 2 litre pots.
Trucking along. In 2 weeks or so they will start looking nice.
You Canadians eh, got fucked on the timeline for the competition. Getting your seeds like 2+ weeks later.
I'm sure in the end it won't matter though, your stuff is always looking top notch.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Oh i am not worried... :D not even a bit. I might not have a great pic for the comp but i won some fire beans for the try...and a couple are going in BIG planters....i will show you a pic in 6 months.

But...it will be FIRE !

I won the minute a seed popped above soil...Thanks Heisen. A solid dude that has always been good to me.

I dont need seeds.... :D

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
Oh i am not worried... :D not even a bit. I might not have a great pic for the comp but i won some fire beans for the try...and a couple are going in BIG planters....i will show you a pic in 6 months.

But...it will be FIRE !

I won the minute a seed popped above soil...Thanks Heisen. A solid dude that has always been good to me.

I dont need seeds.... :D
That's my take on it as well, really happy to have some fire genetics.
These would be fun to grow outdoors, I miss that.
I moved to the Washington coast 2 years ago, so now I'm an indoor guy.
These would kill in my old green house.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I been running my lights in the starter tent no different than I usually do, I have always used the only light meter I have, the plants themselves, last run of seedlings I had 4 new starts raised on a box 6in off the floor they stalled the leaves sagged downwards, I put them on the floor and they exploded I am still learning the ways of LED's used to T5s when the leaves grew around the bulbs lol

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
That's my take on it as well, really happy to have some fire genetics.
These would be fun to grow outdoors, I miss that.
I moved to the Washington coast 2 years ago, so now I'm an indoor guy.
These would kill in my old green house.
Our state legalized in January but they are still screwing us over writing the regulations, 4 plant a person 8 per household was in what we all voted in but I have zero doubt that will get the axe, this maybe be the only summer we can legally grow before they pass some redneck bill in the state house, I would love to not have to hide in the woods like a villain!