The Kitchen Sink

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
When you go fishing for Flathead with your buddy and he refuses to lose his favourite lure on a snag . I couldnt stop laughing at him . Bloody tight Ass . Yep he got his lure backView attachment 58063
Not sure where ur from dude but around here we dont use lures for flatheads.. Flatheads like the live bait like bluegill. The blues and channel cats like the cut bait.

Nevertheless, u got a die hard buddy that loves his lure..lol
✌

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
Not sure where ur from dude but around here we dont use lures for flatheads.. Flatheads like the live bait like bluegill. The blues and channel cats like the cut bait.

Nevertheless, u got a die hard buddy that loves his lure..lol
✌
Im from Australia Big Terps . Yeah your right Flathead being an aggressive ambush predator would always prefer live bait but will happily take a soft rubber lure when the opportunity arises . I like trying different methods just to see what you can and can’t catch a species with . Thanks for the comment and I hope your country recovers quickly from all this Carona bullshit 👍

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Im from Australia Big Terps . Yeah your right Flathead being an aggressive ambush predator would always prefer live bait but will happily take a soft rubber lure when the opportunity arises . I like trying different methods just to see what you can and can’t catch a species with . Thanks for the comment and I hope your country recovers quickly from all this Carona bullshit 👍
Thanks mate! Australia? Dam thats far from here.. Lol.
I had no clue that catfish was even in Australia.. Do u have any other species of catfish over there?
Im 2 mins away from the mighty Mississippi river here in southern Illinois and weve got flatheads, blue cats, and channel cats here. Flatheads & blues get the biggest.
Ive also seen on tv that Australia is very gold rich country. And its not very deep under the surface of dirt. Have u ever found any?
Take it easy mate! Thanks for chattn✌

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Catfish are everywhere in the world. They survive. And Australia has some monsters.

View attachment 58128
Dam thats a sea monster!! That sure be one hell of a fight on rod n reel. Ive got 100lb braided power pro plus line that will drag snags in b4 itll break. Or if not dragging the snag in, itll shoot your 5oz weight at u like a musket ball of lead.. Lol
But with that said, i doubt that my line could bring that beastly mobi dick flathead in.
Nice pic G!

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Thats a big cat. I got a 105 lb a few years ago and that one you posted is twice its size. Ive been sitting here board for weeks, and fishing never even was thought of. Time to dig out the gear.
105lb catfish is no slouch either.. That wood be close to a record in usa id say.. Could be wrong tho..
U wanna share ur details? Like what kind? In a river ? Bait u used? Any pics?
Not doubting u at all just wanna here the details on that beast..
Thanks man

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
Thanks mate! Australia? Dam thats far from here.. Lol.
I had no clue that catfish was even in Australia.. Do u have any other species of catfish over there?
Im 2 mins away from the mighty Mississippi river here in southern Illinois and weve got flatheads, blue cats, and channel cats here. Flatheads & blues get the biggest.
Ive also seen on tv that Australia is very gold rich country. And its not very deep under the surface of dirt. Have u ever found any?
Take it easy mate! Thanks for chattn✌
Yeah mate we have most common species from around the world, even shitty European carp which some idiot thought would be a great idea to introduce into our rivers . They’ve now destroyed a lot of our native species habitat. Ive never prospected for Gold but I know plenty of friends who have and still do go walking around in the open looking for nuggets. Occasionally they find a nice little payday but it’s tedious work. I used to be a professional fisherman catching Shark , Tuna and Sardines so fishing is in my blood . One day I’m going to hopefully get to the USA and I’ll check out the mighty Mississippi river for sure. Some of those tugs working the river are gems 👍

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
My current boredom project . Restoring a forgotten Great White Shark jaw I rediscovered discarded in my shed. It looks shit at the moment but I’ll clean her up and whiten it. It was caught on a hand line accidentally around our offshore islands . Was about 2 feet long so probably not long out of it’s mother’s belly . Already has those all to familiar man chomping teethC1AC9990-040F-47BE-AD6C-C112EE7C21F5.jpeg

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Dam thats a sea monster!! That sure be one hell of a fight on rod n reel. Ive got 100lb braided power pro plus line that will drag snags in b4 itll break. Or if not dragging the snag in, itll shoot your 5oz weight at u like a musket ball of lead.. Lol
But with that said, i doubt that my line could bring that beastly mobi dick flathead in.
Nice pic G!
U would be fine , set ur drag and let that bitch tire out ,😁. Especially w power pro

hhibrownsbacker

Super Active Member
105lb catfish is no slouch either.. That wood be close to a record in usa id say.. Could be wrong tho..
U wanna share ur details? Like what kind? In a river ? Bait u used? Any pics?
Not doubting u at all just wanna here the details on that beast..
Thanks man
Well you would probably want to speak with my step father about big cats cause he caught several. But hes passed on so that aint gonna happen but I'll do my best. Now you have to realize he was a fishing guide at Santee Cooper and made his living catching these beasts so we had a unfair advantage compared to most. We always used to use live brim(bluegill) when fishing for the monsters. Cut bail would bring in more (allot more), but the live brim was the ticket for the really big ones. Almost all of his really big cats came out of the bottom of the dam area below Lake Moultrie in the Santee Cooper system. You cant fish that area but once or twice a year as its usually closed to public fishing, but the big ones congregate at the bottom. He fished that area every time they opened it up and caught quite a few really big cats. The 104 Blue I caught was huge but I remember one day there being a knock at the door at around daybreak and my wife looking out the window and just saying "Oh Shit". Danny had pulled up so we could see it from the window and it was just crazy, It was by far the bigget cat Ive ever seen. That damn fish streached the length of his pick-up and was still draped over the side of the truck. You have to realize that big cats are common place at Santee Cooper and 100 lbs are caught regularly but the one Danny caught was something special. It was never weighed though. If you ever get the chance to fish the Santee area you wont be disappointed. The striper fishing if unbelievable also

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Well you would probably want to speak with my step father about big cats cause he caught several. But hes passed on so that aint gonna happen but I'll do my best. Now you have to realize he was a fishing guide at Santee Cooper and made his living catching these beasts so we had a unfair advantage compared to most. We always used to use live brim(bluegill) when fishing for the monsters. Cut bail would bring in more (allot more), but the live brim was the ticket for the really big ones. Almost all of his really big cats came out of the bottom of the dam area below Lake Moultrie in the Santee Cooper system. You cant fish that area but once or twice a year as its usually closed to public fishing, but the big ones congregate at the bottom. He fished that area every time they opened it up and caught quite a few really big cats. The 104 Blue I caught was huge but I remember one day there being a knock at the door at around daybreak and my wife looking out the window and just saying "Oh Shit". Danny had pulled up so we could see it from the window and it was just crazy, It was by far the bigget cat Ive ever seen. That damn fish streached the length of his pick-up and was still draped over the side of the truck. You have to realize that big cats are common place at Santee Cooper and 100 lbs are caught regularly but the one Danny caught was something special. It was never weighed though. If you ever get the chance to fish the Santee area you wont be disappointed. The striper fishing if unbelievable also
Great info thanks. Being a guide wood be a neat occupation to do. Woodnt be easy but sure fun.
Thx

PokerJay1983

Really Active Member

yup the bottom of the dam is where it’s at. If in doubt follow the Amish. Was living in MD when a guy caught a 46 lbs flathead at the base of the conowingo dam. Think he was using eel for bait.