The Junk Yard

SmithsJunk

Opus Herba
Lookin forward to see what you put together. Sense learning about light dep I've been wanting to try something and this might work for me.
My first greenhouse. Read a blog about how to build one this morning then adjusted the plans to fit a long pallet. I know how they work cause my cousin has a 40' next to my garden. I'll explain the "why's & what's" of the mechanism. I'm copying how the 40' works on a small scale. I wish I was as brilliant as the person who designed it but I'm just a fairly decent copycat. I still need around $5 in parts for a total of about $125 (w/ ratchet straps inc).

This is gonna be cool.

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Thanks man.

I popped way too many beans this year and I had to break my packrat like compulsion to save every one. It was not easy.

In regard to my earlier post...

Jack Herer can be a difficult plant. I knew that before I hatched em and I'm really thankful to @Phylex for the trade. All I needed was one good strong female to make clones and I've got at least one. Very very happy. Been wanting to grow this strain for 3 yrs.
Man I’ve smoke some rrrrough jack lol. Also had some that was top 10 for sure. Seems like one has got to hunt with that one. Glad you found a beaut
No need to send more. All I needed was that one solid female. I'll be cloning her and creating fem beans. If I'm successful I'll send you some beans with (hopefully) stronger genetics. I'm really interested in X'ing her with Banana Crack and Death by Kush. The DbK (Durban Poison lineage) "X" might create some good THCv %'s.
I like the sounds of this. I’d trust your breeding 100%

SmithsJunk

Opus Herba
Man I’ve smoke some rrrrough jack lol. Also had some that was top 10 for sure. Seems like one has got to hunt with that one. Glad you found a beaut

I like the sounds of this. I’d trust your breeding 100%
Thanks for the vote of confidence.

I'm still buying you a fixture if my mountain grow works out. I was thinking I'd hide beans in it for ya, but now that I've thought more about it I wouldnt want to risk the light. If I can find a way to send you a package without a declaration form I'll get you some beans. Maybe I'll send food. That'd be the best thing to be able to hide beans.

I couldn't concentrate on breeding until I sorted out this plant situation. Now that I'm building that micro-hoop-house I feel like everything is back on track. Will be mixing that silver thiosulfate soon. Should have the hoop-house together by Tues-Thurs. After the rest of my parts get here. This is so cheap and easy I can't believe I never thought of it before.

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Thanks for the vote of confidence.

I'm still buying you a fixture if my mountain grow works out. I was thinking I'd hide beans in it for ya, but now that I've thought more about it I wouldnt want to risk the light. If I can find a way to send you a package without a declaration form I'll get you some beans. Maybe I'll send food. That'd be the best thing to be able to hide beans.

I couldn't concentrate on breeding until I sorted out this plant situation. Now that I'm building that micro-hoop-house I feel like everything is back on track. Will be mixing that silver thiosulfate soon. Should have the hoop-house together by Tues-Thurs. After the rest of my parts get here. This is so cheap and easy I can't believe I never thought of it before.
I like your style brother. Let’s get our international smuggle on! 😆 been trying to rap my head round the led game. @TerpyTyrone s got me all horney for these qb96 s. Have you checked em out yet? But I still want a couple 2700 cxbs.. and more haha. I think I’m getting hooked.

SmithsJunk

Opus Herba
I like your style brother. Let’s get our international smuggle on! 😆 been trying to rap my head round the led game. @TerpyTyrone s got me all horney for these qb96 s. Have you checked em out yet? But I still want a couple 2700 cxbs.. and more haha. I think I’m getting hooked.
The tech is moving so fast it's hard to keep up, but it doesn't make the previous generations any less effective. I still love my CXBs and have no reason to upgrade yet. Though I am drooling iver QBs myself.

I wont need to upgrade if my little hoop-house works out.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
My two autos I started c ouple weeks before putting outside made it through the shit weather, and the hot soil.
I mix the hot stuff a foot down and added the mound of bag dirt on top.
I purchased animal repellent and slug bait.
The guerrilla spot I had got decimated by slugs. Can't win if ya dont play! I got lots of seeds, no worries. The season just started. Got some cash crop and NYC autos to put in there spot.
I'm debating if its too late to drop an A dub in tbe ground? Maybe a BBC too?

SmithsJunk

Opus Herba
My two autos I started c ouple weeks before putting outside made it through the shit weather, and the hot soil.
I mix the hot stuff a foot down and added the mound of bag dirt on top.
I purchased animal repellent and slug bait.
The guerrilla spot I had got decimated by slugs. Can't win if ya dont play! I got lots of seeds, no worries. The season just started. Got some cash crop and NYC autos to put in there spot.
I'm debating if its too late to drop an A dub in tbe ground? Maybe a BBC too?
Depends on where you are but it shouldn't be too late if you're anywhere in the US, most of Canada. I can drop clones all the way into mid July and still pull 9' plants where I am. I'm going to finally cut my clones tomorrow and they're still going to be done with time for a second set before people stop buying.

Do you have a journal over here? Would love to watch your girls grow.

Haha, beans in food. Literally be Black Banana Cookies, or Animal Cookies, or wedding cake. Lol, the list goes on.
🐕💨lol
Awesome project, have thought of similar for my own uses before. Watching your progress. 👍👍👍
It should be pretty easy to build (oh, how many times I've gotten that wrong). Waiting for my clamps and translucent plastic to get here to start. Still trying to figure out how I'm going to make shadow boxes that allow natural airflow to cool them. Maybe I'll use outrigger rudder type scoops to catch the wind. Don't want to have to run a power fan.

Right now, taking a break from up-planting some of the plants. Topped most of em to promote lateral root growth. All the roots bundled up at the bottoms, so maxing out their vertical growth and yellowing leaf tips.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Depends on where you are but it shouldn't be too late if you're anywhere in the US, most of Canada. I can drop clones all the way into mid July and still pull 9' plants where I am. I'm going to finally cut my clones tomorrow and they're still going to be done with time for a second set before people stop buying.

Do you have a journal over here? Would love to watch your girls grow.

It should be pretty easy to build (oh, how many times I've gotten that wrong). Waiting for my clamps and translucent plastic to get here to start. Still trying to figure out how I'm going to make shadow boxes that allow natural airflow to cool them. Maybe I'll use outrigger rudder type scoops to catch the wind. Don't want to have to run a power fan.

Right now, taking a break from up-planting some of the plants. Topped most of em to promote lateral root growth. All the roots bundled up at the bottoms, so maxing out their vertical growth and yellowing leaf tips.
My phone is a piece of shit. Whenever I go to my outdoor grows and get a pic it wont upload. It says its too big. It just so happens everytime I'm at my grows outside ...... Spoooookyyyyyy

They are gonna drop spider mites on me ahhhhhh!!!!
Ya I'm gonna have to do a quick germination of all things good I got in house. And I got alot. A bit of a hoarder I am. Just got the a dub but it finishes mid october and thats pm time

SmithsJunk

Opus Herba
My phone is a piece of shit. Whenever I go to my outdoor grows and get a pic it wont upload. It says its too big. It just so happens everytime I'm at my grows outside ...... Spoooookyyyyyy

They are gonna drop spider mites on me ahhhhhh!!!!
Ya I'm gonna have to do a quick germination of all things good I got in house. And I got alot. A bit of a hoarder I am. Just got the a dub but it finishes mid october and thats pm time
You have to trim down pics over 8MB. Unfortunately, editing pics makes their file sise larger so you will often have to trim a lot.

SmithsJunk

Opus Herba
Grow Log 06/01/19 #2

Up-potted and topped all but the smallest in preparation for the tiny growroom. Will immediately flip all but a few. The one's that haven't sexed male yet will get culled when they show.
20190601_150852.jpg20190601_150909.jpg

The hatchlings are doing great. That Banana Crack's got jet engines.
20190601_151627.jpg

SmithsJunk

Opus Herba

SmithsJunk

Opus Herba
I have slug killer, all purpose repellent, sevin, and diatemecous earth. So I just need to start some. If i could just make up my mind!!!
And thanks me too!!!
You can use pyrethrin and kill everything. On plants in the sun it has a half-life of about 24hrs. Also, you can get it as an organic if that's important to you. I'm going to start using it as a preventative every year. It only cost me $12 and worked better than a $45 container of Azamax.