The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Mom notes. "my" Chemdog is not "the" chemdog so I am glad I dropped another. I am waiting on the clones to see what's what but this batch from the seed plant is phenominal daytime smoke. For me "daytime smoke" is not weed that is mild so you can function in society. It is weed that makes you think "wow! i'm high! let's do stuff and see what happens!". Weed that makes me want to finish the garden in a day, but be stupid high doing it. That said I need the original style 'eat-yer-leaves' killer I am used to. I am positive that the bean I just dropped will be it, and I am pretty stoked to have a second pheno.
IMG_0142.JPG
With the space for these 6 and 2 Chemdog, I think it's easier to keep both than early-flip one to get a little smoke. Here's what I found interesting.
Except for the #1 looking like it will finish earlier the seed plants all look identical. The clones are like three different strains. 1,2,3 left to right.

#1 clones were shrubby. All the limbs immediately put out a node, so close to the stem I couldn't even snip it to use that node for cloning. I pruned all that stuff away since I am not looking to re-clone anything soon. And it still looks shrubby.
#2 is tight. Darker old leaves and really compact little limbs.
#3 is lanky and I could take clones now. I'll probably prune the tops back and wait to get the secondary limbs for clones if they get too tall.

With the three plants harvesting at about the same time it won't be about the smoke.

What I am digging is that both clones from each plant look like clones of each other.
There are going to be obvious phenotypical differences and it's more pronounced in the mature plant/clones.
This means I am keeping all three until I can smoke the clones.
This means there is no pressure whatsoever to make a decision on the first harvest.

I flipped the #2 top that stayed tree-ish, and I have the #1 top that got topped and now has some stretchy limbs. #3 was the one that died and I had to wait to see this batch rooted before flipping. I'll probably be potting and flipping the #1 tonight and I'll have 2 each of the Chemdog and Dirty Taxi Trio as longer term moms. I may switch a set to one of the mini tents under low power and see how that works since I have two of each.

SeedTrader

Spent a day figuring out where to land my first page and saw this category. I have some fem seeds from a few sources but I am mainly growing testers for @J.James. I also plan to try my first run of seeds in the near future and this site was recommended as a wealth of knowledge in that area. I have 2 small rooms and a mini-tent. The tent stands idle, and I am growing these rooms out before I try playing God with strains.

In this corner, under a HydroGrowLED Penetrator XB200, I have 2 Florida Diesel by J.James and a 3-plant "12/12 from seed" experiment that stemmed from a party-cup competition (ongoing). This is a standard 3x3 closet.
View attachment 28903
And in this corner, under HLG quantum boards , there are 2 The Crown Jewel (Golden Lion genetics) F2's by J.James, one 4th Gear (batch #24) by County Line Genetics, and one Granddaddy Purple by ILGM. This is a 3x4 nook beside the closet that I closed in for a second room.
View attachment 28897
And my most recent harvest (10/26) is still in the early curing stage. Royal Mystery by J.James.
View attachment 28898View attachment 28899View attachment 28900
This was right before bucking and jarring.
View attachment 28901View attachment 28902
Everything looks fantastic brother!

SeedTrader

Everything looks fantastic brother!
Ya I'm new over here too I've been on Overgrow here and there but I like It over here.Everything looks really good man.I just like to call it as I see it and see good genetics and your plants look lovely.I have some cool stuff too and hope to get to know everyone over here.We should trade some beans or something sometime man.Nice to meet ya brother hit me up anytime I just love the plant and how it brings people together no matter who you are .Much respect always

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Ya I'm new over here too I've been on Overgrow here and there but I like It over here.Everything looks really good man.I just like to call it as I see it and see good genetics and your plants look lovely.I have some cool stuff too and hope to get to know everyone over here.We should trade some beans or something sometime man.Nice to meet ya brother hit me up anytime I just love the plant and how it brings people together no matter who you are .Much respect always
I have been pheno hunting for the past half decade to find what I really like - now I am working on saving me a few moms to perpetuate, but still dropping lots of beans to see if I find another.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Big pumpkins
Not yet. Almost did about three times then it would rain. Then after a few days of rain everything I already have going needs attention.

I have a tarp full of rich soil I mixed up and have been planning on broadforking everything and starting all the stuff I want. I need to just put in one mound and call it a day. Knowing me then I'll do all of them and sleep the next day.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think all the bush beans going in so easy, and me finding that large variety at MIGardner made planting the pole beans in the other garden less important. I previously had bush limas that I never got a meal from, and the black turtle beans which are great and didn't last long enough to dry any for later. The red ripper cowpeas did the best for the pole beans and lasted the winter but they lasted because I had one kind and you can only eat the same thing so often. I have about a dozen or so bush varieties going now, including a few of each inside to make more seeds and see how they do in a pot. There's kidney and cannelini beans, a few kinds of pinto and cowpea, and a few oddball things that looked cool.

Today I planted 6 determinate tomatoes - another thing where Baker Creek has shit for variety. I have a few cherry, salad, paste and a few medium slicers.

They ain't heirloom. Heirloom is Baker Creeks crutch, but it's a handicap. Growing heirloom stuff is great, but if you have two heirloom tomatoes of different strains side by side the seeds will make cherry tomatoes. Hybrid tomatoes grown beside an heirloom in my garden will both be great. A hybrid has vigor to produce fruit that a lot of heirloom (inbred) tomatoes lack.

I am thinking that this year with no frost kills and re-starts I'll end up with more tomatoes than I know what to do with. Next year I hope to whittle it down to less plants and less varieties - but of stuff that does well here. And I'll have room for more stuff.

I really don't mind paying for packs of seeds. I actually love buying seeds. Especially when the $2 pack is $1.50 for a spring sale. Whatever I bought I got one of every kind LOL

SeedTrader

I think all the bush beans going in so easy, and me finding that large variety at MIGardner made planting the pole beans in the other garden less important. I previously had bush limas that I never got a meal from, and the black turtle beans which are great and didn't last long enough to dry any for later. The red ripper cowpeas did the best for the pole beans and lasted the winter but they lasted because I had one kind and you can only eat the same thing so often. I have about a dozen or so bush varieties going now, including a few of each inside to make more seeds and see how they do in a pot. There's kidney and cannelini beans, a few kinds of pinto and cowpea, and a few oddball things that looked cool.

Today I planted 6 determinate tomatoes - another thing where Baker Creek has shit for variety. I have a few cherry, salad, paste and a few medium slicers.

They ain't heirloom. Heirloom is Baker Creeks crutch, but it's a handicap. Growing heirloom stuff is great, but if you have two heirloom tomatoes of different strains side by side the seeds will make cherry tomatoes. Hybrid tomatoes grown beside an heirloom in my garden will both be great. A hybrid has vigor to produce fruit that a lot of heirloom (inbred) tomatoes lack.

I am thinking that this year with no frost kills and re-starts I'll end up with more tomatoes than I know what to do with. Next year I hope to whittle it down to less plants and less varieties - but of stuff that does well here. And I'll have room for more stuff.

I really don't mind paying for packs of seeds. I actually love buying seeds. Especially when the $2 pack is $1.50 for a spring sale. Whatever I bought I got one of every kind LOL
I just grabbed a Berkeley tie dye tomatoe and cherry chocolate sunflowers today .lol they have some amazing stuff at Baker Creek.between them and all the packs of beans from all over I'm gonna have to get a job . 😂

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin

The bush bean seeds I got from MIGardener this year seemed to struggle. They were slower then usual to germinate and two of them stopped short of opening their petioles and never grew any further.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The bush bean seeds I got from MIGardener this year seemed to struggle. They were slower then usual to germinate and two of them stopped short of opening their petioles and never grew any further.
I have three out of the group that are not germinating - but it's $1.50 LOL. Sad and I will let them know. One was the black and white "orca" beans and they looked so cool in the pack. Calypso beans I think.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
One of the two Headline I popped has cured out with more dankness than the other. It's not quite the salisbury steak version but the high is almost there. The other has that same astringency/solvent smell that is gassy but not fuel. Not unpleasant but it doesn't have the same high. I have two packs to hunt through and it looks like that won't be an issue.

I have the Dirty Taxi to sort out first and I'm a grow away there. I need to flower each clone and see how much variation there is and I'm pretty sure I'll find a keeper. This is the first three seeds out of a 13-pack of regs. If I was ever going to breed something I think finding a male in one of my keeper strains would be optimum. Do an open pollination with the rest of the pack, include the keeper cut to get hit, and add all my other mom cuts in.

I also have the Flashback to sort out. I think I like having these little projects more than I did just identifying what I want to smoke a lot of.

The T-Star I have going is also looking like a winner. I'm on the fence about keeping a Trinity cross for a mom. I love the weed so far from three different breeders version of trinity. The Dogma from 707 was males and duds after the first run of flower. But I have the bulk 100-pack from 707 and this weed is turning out good too. The thing is the stardawg factor and the fact I only have a few of them. I could snag another 100 Trinity x OG tomorrow if needed, but the T-star is about $15/bean instead of $1.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Out of 36 beans, I got one oilspill, and the Chem91 S1 is the only recent one not up. All 5 others are helmet-less and rocking.

I asked Andy (Greenway) about the Headbanger structure and he said "the Headbanger are copies of Karma Headbanger I made for a friend. I have not spent much time growing it. I would keep it and see what happens." Then out of nowhere he asks "what's your address again? I'll send you the old 68 seeds. Maybe something will germ for you. "

I thought that was pretty cool. We'll see what that means. If I drop 36 and get one bean to pop - that's a plant. At least his are feminized so there's not that added dude-factor.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm all about full disclosure - one of the three Chem91 clones nannered on top right at 8 weeks, and one limb on a 6-top did.

I had been noticing they were milky and was taking pics just to see the status. They're putting out new 5-packs of pistils in little clumps but a few had a greenish tint.
IMG_0176.JPG
I was planning on doing a separate harvest for each plant at different times - I guess this is the first. I still have 5 limbs left on the one plant and the third is perfect. For now. I expected them to finish sooner as clones but not 8 weeks. Might be fine though. This was the single limb and there were 2-3 right at the top.
IMG_0179.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Flower update. Here's what the remaining tops on the Chemdog mostly look like. It's perfectly done (milky) but with very few amber, then the last gasp pistils are starting, and a few of those are including the means to self pollinate. I snipped a limb but I think I'm done with that. If I see a nanner it's a turkey-button. I want them to go as long as possible, but... "56-day Dog"?
IMG_0189.JPG
So the closet is the same and both of these are loving it. Frosty MacFish on the left is browning a bit.
IMG_0165.JPG
I moved the T-star to level things out so this is the Taxi tent. I have a clone from number 2 going, but I want to put all three that are the same size in 5g pots this morning and flip three at once to see how they grow. If I am going to decide on a keeper I need to be sure.
IMG_0191.JPG
The remaining Dogs, recent flips and the T-star mini-beast. I took flower clones off the Hollyweed cross last night.
IMG_0181.JPG
I picture this as the top on a huge outdoor plant.
IMG_0182.JPG
The Trinity crosses I have grown all exibit this same wild variety of resin gland head-size and shape.
IMG_0184.JPG
Some with no stalks at all, some with tree stalks. And they are milking up as the pistils brown. When she looks done from a distance she's done.
IMG_0184.1.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
On the Oilspill, I had 4-5 beans that looked decent out of the dozen I dropped. The others looked white and dull. This is the tray with the good beans and I am up to 3 and a possible. The little guy on the right has a full-helmet. I am spritzing it with water when I think about it but it's at the point that I know fucking with it will kill it anyway. At least I should find a girl now, so these will be on the cloner list just in case.
(Chem91 S1 no-pop LOL)
IMG_0192.JPG
I took two super tiny and two legit TKM10 flower clones. Even the little ones from the seed-leaf node had sturdy enough stems to poke in the cube. Like with the MacFish, no matter how many root I keep one. Until I smoke the mom. This should be a long reveg.
IMG_0159.JPG
My other mini tent with no heat mat rig has the mini-moms in it and this may work. They seem to love it. Chem91 and Taxi 1-3
IMG_0161.JPG
So I'll be sifting soil and potting all three of the smaller Taxi in here to 5g (three right above tray), and the bigger one upper left to a 5g or 7g depending on what the roots look like. She's twice the size and stretch of her sister. The 4 regs in cups are about ready to flip since the flower clone thing is working. The 3 Corey's Crush and the OK Coma will get 1g's so they have room while they sex.
IMG_0162.JPG
The constellation Trinity LOL
IMG_0184.2.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This is what I see of the wren every time I go outside. I have been going by the nest on purpose whistling and such and she doesn't run away now.
IMG_0155.JPG
I think they are close to hatching because the male is hanging out now. Since they werren't building a new nest he hasn't been around much. Now he's chasing chipmunks again. looks like 4-5 eggs this time.
IMG_0194.JPG

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
This is what I see of the wren every time I go outside. I have been going by the nest on purpose whistling and such and she doesn't run away now.
View attachment 137819
I think they are close to hatching because the male is hanging out now. Since they werren't building a new nest he hasn't been around much. Now he's chasing chipmunks again. looks like 4-5 eggs this time.
View attachment 137818
looks like they were raiding the local barber shop for nest lining!i've been watching the finches around my place they feed a lot of fuzzy catipallers to the little ones!

Last edited:

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
View attachment 137819
View attachment 137818
have you been trimming you hair outside! seems like they have a good supply of hair for the nest.the finches took over my wifes storage pouch(phone/sunglasses) on the mule, she chases the side x side around the yard to keep em fed!

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
have you been trimming you hair outside! seems like they have a good supply of hair for the nest.the finches took over my wifes storage pouch(phone/sunglasses) on the mule, she chases the side x side around the yard to keep em fed!
I am guessing horse tail and/or steer. The guy across the street has longhorns and a few horses. I have also seen fresh deer poopie close to the house in the woods so all it would take is finding a tuft hung on some briars - and I have lots of briars.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I am guessing horse tail and/or steer. The guy across the street has longhorns and a few horses. I have also seen fresh deer poopie close to the house in the woods so all it would take is finding a tuft hung on some briars - and I have lots of briars.
that would stand to reason!