The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I woke up this morning to this stout little sprout.
IMG_9998.JPG
So this evening I excavated everything and got 2 more possibles, and a Hippie Crippler x Rosetta Stone. No Crown Jewel.
By tomorrow I should know if the rescues took.
IMG_9999.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The good and bad is I don't think I have a germination problem. I have a vigor after germination problem. I found plenty of moist little mush balls where a seed should have been. They sprout and stop. Then if I wait long enough they compost fairly quick.

The pre-cut cel inserts works well. no digging at first. All the ones I found had a visible root when I just squeezed the corners together a little and opened the middle up. The two 4th gear had helmets on, but the Hippie Stoner was just under a layer of soil ready to pop. No real rescue uther than lifting a chip of soil off the top.

On the down side the OK Coma that was a tall leaner was in the process of damping off so I have one. I may dump the rest of those in the mix next drop.

I will likely end up with one each and I won't know male/female so I am stuck with two more random project plants. I may switch to cloning tops so I can flip the bitches and if the clones don't take it wasn't meant to be.

I have several packs of Homecoming Queen and a few more of CLHP. then several partial packs of County Line testers. I think the 36-cell tray is gonna be the standard for a bit with one 6-cel for some newer gear I want to try. I am to the point that if I get innundated with plants I have room.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Interesting, you think a little nutrition in the starting mix could help them carry on?
not sure. I think you have to get into gibberilic acid and such to get them going, then you have to grow them out and get that stimulant out of their system so they are normal again. And that ain't me.

I Just need to pop seeds sooner LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I spent the day bucking 6 plants and getting them in tins with 62% packs. Once they cure i'll get them into terp-bags in rH controlled containers in the fridge. Letting them hang dry it doesn't take long for the "cure" which to me just means when I can stop burping and throw it in a sack. As much weed as I have it will al get long cured, but I'll be smoking on it until it gets there and if it's great right now so be it.

I have the two County Line Hashplant x Chemdawg Special Reserve. They were like like opposites growing 16" tall and chunky vs 36" tall and lanky, but cleaned up almost exactly the same. They have a sweet/chem smell (no hashplant) and a strong buzz.

Trinity x 707 OG Kush - damn! It smels like when you open a new beach ball or other blow-up pool toy. That plastic smell. Super stoney even on top of the CLHP cross.

Those are the two I hit on early. Later on I am getting into the Muttzarella - Chem91 x UK Cheese (or vice versa) - I didn't want to muck that one up. It smells amazing. Sharp chemical and blue cheese smells then the second whiff is like that kraft mac-n-cheese with the cheese powder stuff.

Last are the two Headline. Headband x Tx Shoreline from Skunktek. Both gave up wads of glove hash, super sticky and I am sure potent as hell, but neither had that umami smell like the first I grew. I have about 20 of those lef so that'll be a continual hunt, but I see having lots of this decarbed. One of the two has a little of a sour smell to it so there's hope. I am pretty sure I know exactly what the headband he used is like and I'm looking for whatever that Texas Shoreline brought to the mix.

The good news for me is that all the ones I am liking have either the chem or the umami/food smells and I have the Chemdog and the Dirty Taxi so that box is checked. And with so many of the different packs having that meaty goodness in there I have a goal in my hunting. And those plants are real easy to smell in flower so if I don't mind re-vegging I could go through a lot of beans without taking tons of clones.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
It was sarcasm - the kids in my area have loud cars that may or may not go fast - but they're loud.
modt of the kids with those little 4 cyl, cars think the fart can mufflers, sound cool , my old 4x4 sounds real good when i drop the tail pipes off the headers ,at 9 miles to the gallon the only times it moves is going fishing or moveing the tractor to bushog at moms place. they want to race it's between two telephone poles ,put er in high lock they don't stand a chance!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
The good and bad is I don't think I have a germination problem. I have a vigor after germination problem. I found plenty of moist little mush balls where a seed should have been. They sprout and stop. Then if I wait long enough they compost fairly quick.

The pre-cut cel inserts works well. no digging at first. All the ones I found had a visible root when I just squeezed the corners together a little and opened the middle up. The two 4th gear had helmets on, but the Hippie Stoner was just under a layer of soil ready to pop. No real rescue uther than lifting a chip of soil off the top.

On the down side the OK Coma that was a tall leaner was in the process of damping off so I have one. I may dump the rest of those in the mix next drop.

I will likely end up with one each and I won't know male/female so I am stuck with two more random project plants. I may switch to cloning tops so I can flip the bitches and if the clones don't take it wasn't meant to be.

I have several packs of Homecoming Queen and a few more of CLHP. then several partial packs of County Line testers. I think the 36-cell tray is gonna be the standard for a bit with one 6-cel for some newer gear I want to try. I am to the point that if I get innundated with plants I have room.
exta room is great

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I potted the three Corey's Crush and the OK Coma into cups, and tomorrow or the next day I am flipping the Headbanger and the lone normal Dominion G up front. And it's looking like this whole tent with the exception of the Flashback (I am waiting on clones) is just flip-prep for the clones and I'll be smoking them.
IMG_0019.JPG
The plants in here look a lot better under 40w than 20w, so this is likely my 4 current moms. I got the three Taxi into pots from the mini cups and all had good roots. I still need to prune clone leaves off (the cut ones) but they look pretty good.
IMG_0018.JPG

Weedkiller

Dazed and confused
I'm retired.

I'm retired meaning that I worked for the man for enough years to get a fat pension.

Years that I couldn't even think about smoking my weed.

But I went into it with the goal of retiring young and doing what the fuck I want. I'm still years from social security.

I have my bills paid with spending money leftover and I live in a place where the taxes and cost of living are resonable - at least in comparison with most of the country.

I have this one hobby that I am now growing and/or making the inputs to grow. This hobby expanded into the concerted effort to grow most of my own crop food.

I still need to get into chickens or meat rabbits sometime before the apocalypse, but I am a lazy fuck and don't want the animals to suffer ;) I have a cat and not a dog because I don't want to train anything. "shit in that box" - training done 😂

I have people across the road (and all over) that take their cattle to market that the local butcher buys from - etc. I don't mind putting my money in the hands of people doing it right. Maybe 10 years from now we all operate on barter for most of our necessities.

But mainly I don't have man toys like 4-wheelers or boats that rape the bank account on the regular. I have a 2006 truck I bought new. Being rich is alot about what you need to feel happy. I like good weed and the growing thereof 😜
I respect that kind of life.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I respect that kind of life.
I had a pretty stress-filled career, so that was my main goal. I have been all over the world and never seen a thing I liked more than my house. So having a permanent house was big. But being on my own schedule you have to stay busy so weed growing is my evening entertainment, gardening and property development are the daytime thing.

Doing living soil has taken so much expense out of growing that it's not even a budget item anymore. Oh, I need a new 100lb sack of rice hulls? Or a new sack of Craft Blend? And that's about it. The rest is stuff I use but probably don't need. I have the coconut powder, some fish hydrolysate, insect frass, and initially a sack of sprouting barley. I malt it, and I have some 6-row ripening now in the new garden that should be enough to take care of malted barley and the occasional sprouted seed tea. I have comfrey established that I started from seed.

Lots of other stuff I take to the worm bin now instead of the compost pile, and I know I could grow weed fine without buying anything but quality beans - and some backwork.

But it's also stuff that I can fuck off for a few days and it doesn't matter. :cool: That is the stress killer. That one fact makes everything I do something I want to do 😜 in a wierd kind of way LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Flower clones may be a pain, but in the grand scheme of keeping genetics it might be the way to go. The Frosty MacFish is still an unknown smoke-wise, but it'll be a while before I could grow another from this. It's just gonna make good clone material eventually. And I still have at least one mantis and she's brown now.
IMG_0044.JPG
But the rest of these clones are all excess. I need to start flipping a few of them before they get too big. I still want to grow small plants in small pots. The Headbanger in the corner is waiting on the Hollyweed to sex, then it'll get a 7g pot. The 68 top corner is waiting to be cloned and stubby. I'll have to snip all the early leaves on the limbs and get that next node out of them before snipping and flipping.
IMG_0042.JPG
I only have 2 of the Hollyweed left, and I stuck the DominionG in here to sex (not pictured). This is 4 dogs and a fish.
IMG_0038.JPG
Three taxi's and a T-star.
IMG_0041.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Regardless of my plan, I bought a few last packs of beans. With the lost mom on the Flashback 68 I snagged the last two packs from Dagga hoping they were the original mom.

I am smoking on the last nug of the '68 today and enjoying the hell out of it - and I am aching to flip the next one.

This sets my main focus on the next drop. I love the Chemdog version I have but it's not the ugly one and I think the high is missing something. I'll know after the clones grow out but I'll be dropping another one or two. Compare the smoke then keep one or both.

And I have a few packs now of the 68 so I may do a few of each version - a 6-pack of keeper fems to play with.

But the other five 6-cel trays will be older CLG stuff before I lose it all.

Weedkiller

Dazed and confused
I had a pretty stress-filled career, so that was my main goal. I have been all over the world and never seen a thing I liked more than my house. So having a permanent house was big. But being on my own schedule you have to stay busy so weed growing is my evening entertainment, gardening and property development are the daytime thing.

Doing living soil has taken so much expense out of growing that it's not even a budget item anymore. Oh, I need a new 100lb sack of rice hulls? Or a new sack of Craft Blend? And that's about it. The rest is stuff I use but probably don't need. I have the coconut powder, some fish hydrolysate, insect frass, and initially a sack of sprouting barley. I malt it, and I have some 6-row ripening now in the new garden that should be enough to take care of malted barley and the occasional sprouted seed tea. I have comfrey established that I started from seed.

Lots of other stuff I take to the worm bin now instead of the compost pile, and I know I could grow weed fine without buying anything but quality beans - and some backwork.

But it's also stuff that I can fuck off for a few days and it doesn't matter. :cool: That is the stress killer. That one fact makes everything I do something I want to do 😜 in a wierd kind of way LOL
That's really cool. My brother just got home after living in England for 14 years. He's gotten me drinking beer again but I prefer the 7 point ipa. They really enjoyed going to the pubs, all within walking distance, most had their own brewery going on. I know he would take a growler with him to carry home. I know this definitely isn't the beer I drank in my younger days lol. At least I don't have to drink as many.

1000000067.jpg
This is my current favorite

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That's really cool. My brother just got home after living in England for 14 years. He's gotten me drinking beer again but I prefer the 7 point ipa. They really enjoyed going to the pubs, all within walking distance, most had their own brewery going on. I know he would take a growler with him to carry home. I know this definitely isn't the beer I drank in my younger days lol. At least I don't have to drink as many.
This was the cheapest available - I got it for slugs
IMG_0052.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Bored stoner with a spare closet...
IMG_0053.JPG
I like eating food. it's a thing for me 😜

I am more a fan of beans that you shell than eating the snap beans.. I went to MIGardener instead of Baker Creek and I am liking what I see. The handiest thing in beans is a bush variety. The fucking things stay put and don't invade everything. I found a ton of bush beans that are of the shelling variety. Since I am not just feeding beans to the chipmunks and I am not humping a tiller right now I am doing a seed increase, and see what flavors I like best. I have assorted cool looking pinto beans, cowpeas, kidney, cannelini, lima and assorted odd beans.

I may end up culling a few more out of the pots but I think 3-4 should be fine based on plant spacing recommendations. They are supposed to help hold each other up so it's a fairly tight recommendation. The 6 little pots were ones that didn't germ yet in the 6-packs, so I did what I should have done with the others. one bean in one 1/2-1g pot.

Anyway, I have them on 10hrs of light and I'll see how it does, having them in the flower room hurt nothing since they go dark before the tents. There's a few herbs in there that I will be keeping inside somewhere - and here works now.