The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Grow notes - "fuck I'm high" edition.

As soon as the weather clears up and my garden tent is empty I may play with keeping a few males in veg since it's in a separate room on the other end of the house.

I'm thinking about cloning them when I top and keeping those in veg. The only thing I am looking at is what strain I would like to have a lot of beans or a lot of crosses to play with.

I am leaning towards keeping some males in veg for a while and see if anything jumps out at me. I've never kept mothers, so maybe keeping a few potential fathers would be good practice.

Get rid of any that show sex in veg, any tall ones since I grow inside, check stem rubs, look for frosty ones, etc. Then when I find one figure out what I want to cross it with. Maybe do a flower run just to take little clones to pollenate.

It'll happen eventually, and the skunk/chem run is looking like the target audience for both the male and female.

I want to see what the Williams Wonder and the Thunderhole is all about, in smoke form. If I like it (or one of the skunks or whatever) then I am also not opposed to doing a small open pollination with a few other random girls tossed in.

What I think would fit my style is to have a little half- or one-gallon sea of green with root-n-fruit clones of known girls, then one big male in the middle.

I may start cloning stuff just out of boredom and keep small clones going with no intention of flowering. Going back to 4-tops means I'll have one good clone at about 3-4 weeks on every plant.

Grow notes - "fuck I'm high" edition.

As soon as the weather clears up and my garden tent is empty I may play with keeping a few males in veg since it's in a separate room on the other end of the house.

I'm thinking about cloning them when I top and keeping those in veg. The only thing I am looking at is what strain I would like to have a lot of beans or a lot of crosses to play with.

I am leaning towards keeping some males in veg for a while and see if anything jumps out at me. I've never kept mothers, so maybe keeping a few potential fathers would be good practice.

Get rid of any that show sex in veg, any tall ones since I grow inside, check stem rubs, look for frosty ones, etc. Then when I find one figure out what I want to cross it with. Maybe do a flower run just to take little clones to pollenate.

It'll happen eventually, and the skunk/chem run is looking like the target audience for both the male and female.

I want to see what the Williams Wonder and the Thunderhole is all about, in smoke form. If I like it (or one of the skunks or whatever) then I am also not opposed to doing a small open pollination with a few other random girls tossed in.

What I think would fit my style is to have a little half- or one-gallon sea of green with root-n-fruit clones of known girls, then one big male in the middle.

I may start cloning stuff just out of boredom and keep small clones going with no intention of flowering. Going back to 4-tops means I'll have one good clone at about 3-4 weeks on every plant.
You curing wardrobe turned out really nice H.A.F. any chance have space enough space available to try your hand at building a breeding chamber?
Slide to 9:30

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
You curing wardrobe turned out really nice H.A.F. any chance have space enough space available to try your hand at building a breeding chamber?
Slide to 9:30
Nah - I would only put the male into flower when I had the selected girls ready to flower and anything else either empty or still in veg. I have 5 separate spaces right now, but 4 are in one room

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm not planning on doing this any time soon. I don't like long veg so I was planning on cloning the CLHP anyway since I want bulk of it - which is why I was venturing into the cloning/chucking idea. And since I don't like long veg I figure keeping plants in veg for a while is going to be the first step, even if it means re-cloning and killing the parent.

I'm not cloning any fems for breeding. I want my eventual small chuck to be with all regs. Since I'm cloning all the reg tops I may keep a few of those girls in clone form while finding out if I like the smoke. I have a few others in mind I want to check for females or "the" male.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I went ahead and dropped those beans. Need to sift castings for the cups. This has worked out pretty good dropping monthly as a reminder to work the worm bin.

I'm putting some fresh food in the top bin to get them moving up then sift out the lower tray(s) this evening.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Decision time over the next week. The most recent harvest will be cured and is all fire. The Orgi and BCL are well cured and I am not keeping everything. Some really good smoke will contribute to the 'all-bud' hash-ball I have in the works. But in the end, life is too short to waste on smoke that ain't top shelf. Yes, I grow mids too :ROFLMAO:

Actually some stuff just looks really pretty but isn't my thing on the buzz end. I have the best of the best pulled and plan on a wake and bake with each, followed by however much I still want to smoke before deciding to keep it or hash it.

IMG_8571.JPGIMG_8573.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Four days prepped. Cones and leftover for bowls or whatever. The black and yellow is UK Cheese going through the same process. Just first impressions from breaking it up and grinding it.
BCL1-purple, blueberry, sticky
BCL2-green, mild sour, dumps sandy kief.
Orgi1-green, baby aspirin orange, sticky
Orgi2-cactus, mild floral like chrysanthemum, sticky.
IMG_8575.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I noticed that the second round of pistils is popping - crops from the two pics above
IMG_8592 (2).JPGIMG_8597 (2).JPG
I can't help thinking that if there were stress, and these were popping as little nanners, the flowers swelling around them and it going unnoticed seams a legit possibility. When you find that plant with a few beans in each bud, but never saw nuts or nanners on it or anything else - there ya go. Especially if they are popping after the first round start browning.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Retired. Didn't need to mess with the plants last night so I went to bed. Now I'm up and the sun won't be for hours. Word of advice - roll with it :cool:

Started the testing and the baby aspirin Orgi is a creeper-keeper. Smoked about half a cone - pleasant orange taste at the start. Felt a little buzz but nothing special. Cup of coffee and the second half and it kicked in. Either it creeps, or stacks where you can get higher by smoking more. Either way I'll keep most of it for smoke.

These are still going slow except the Space Queen. Colder temps definitely matter.
IMG_8598.JPG
These are drinking slower, but seem to like the cold.
IMG_8581.JPG

All my Harlets and Hashplants flower cuts now have a good amount of new roots in the nutes of my folgers dwc pimp bucket 4000 13 days from being cut off their moms. Hopefully I will start to see some new growth any day now.
Har&Hash Cuts D13.JPG
5 day from getting wet and all my new moon beans now have their helmets off and are up and at em.
New Moon New Beans D5.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
One of the Williams Wonder popped but the tail was jammed in the seed hull with the leaves outside. Tried doing surgery but it didn't make it. I'm just letting the remaining one ride and I'll drop another set later if I don't get to smoke it.
The two Lemony Wicked haven't popped so I have another 2 beans ready to go. Dropping the only two Sky Cuddler Kush I have from Freeborn Selections. If the LW pop, and/or are just slow it may get crowded again. Since I am in a "keeping the males" mood, this is one I want to check out. Doesn't matter what I get as long as they pop. The last two didn't.
IMG_8602.JPG
Everything is topped but the Space Queen is ready to flip as is. If I have a bunch of tiny 4 tops I am still trying the smoke, and I have to remind myself of that. If they stretch to 1-1.5' plants I'm cool with that - but the roots are running out of room as I type...

Some have 6 limbs left on until I decide which 4 to keep. Flipping this weekend or Monday, any that aren't close enough will slide into the closet until for a few more days. One of the regs is already showing but not sure what yet, and a few of the fems have pistils. If a male shows in veg I won't be keeping it. Can't have that in the house. The males I do keep will be going back into veg and I'll pluck daily until they stop, cull if they keep making flowers, and eventually take clones.
IMG_8603.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Orgi #2 is hash. The hairy cactus looking one has the same light-but-creeping buzz as #1, but it is harsh and little flavor.

I think it's the hairs. Hash will remove that issue ;)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I should clarify on the Orgi.
I'm good and high right now from it and if it was all I had I would be happy as a pig in shit.
This is totally weed-snob stuff. I'm still coughing from it every once in a while.
Me sending it to the hash bag is not trashing it. I think it'll be a good addition to the eventual temple ball.