The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Not crowded anymore. Going back to check trich's on the CBD plant. When that goes I shift one plant and have 4 and 4 for a nice relaxed finish with room to spread out. I think the CBD is supposed to be harvested earlier, but at this point I don't care much. It's an ugly little runt and get's very little love from me.
IMG_7926.JPG
The Lemon Volunteer bagseed (front right) makes me glad I saved the beans off that set of plants.
IMG_7930.JPG
Brief re-cap. Ran a Lemon Tree S1 tester from @Heisenbeans that had a few nanners early. all were easy to see so I plucked them.
Missed one (only viable theory) and it made one solitary bean - which dropped and germinated in the pot. I excavated it and grew the bitch out and it was amazing. So that was the "Lemon Volunteer". Of note, I never found one bean in that Lemon Tree flower.
IMG_7927.JPG
Then it was in flower with a bunch of Zerelda cross testers from @J.James. It was a nannerfest but I pulled all the plants that showed it. The Headbanger Zee stayed clean looking through harvest - but It was fully seeded and apparently had nanners close to the stem. Hundreds of beans that I did not save. But enough of the Headbanger Zee pollen escaped to make some beans on the rest of the tent.

I found no more than a dozen beans on anything else in the tent and I saved all of those. 6 different plants with 4-12 beans, and all stable moms. So all plants should be girls and a 50/50 chance of not herming.

So far this has the citrus but it's sweet. More orange than lemon, like an orange creamsicle. I am saving the rest of that batch of bagseeds for a future project if I ever breed anything. This just proves there's something in there. The frost is covering lower fan leaves than I usually see.
IMG_7928.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I keep having these grand visions of what I want to do in the future... Fucking stoner. I have too many beans to breed more intentionally. I think I need to lean more towards pheno hunting a set and cloning any good ones.

Or just saying "damn, that was good smoke" and move on.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
9 plants one pound no CO2! (3-4 months instead of 9) :cool:
And I ain't even trying hard. I am averaging about 2 zips per plant, and I only weigh it to keep track of the drying process, not worried about end weight. But I do track it from whole-plant-hanging to jarred.
IMG_7935.JPG
IMG_7936.JPG
So with 8-week strains vegged a month I could get 2 pounds easy in just 6 months, 4 pounds a year without crowding.
- vs beating the shit out of one plant for 9 months and hoping I don't kill it...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The testers loved getting soaked.IMG_7937.JPG
And here's the breakdown between crosses.
This One in orange in the middle #5 (blue circle) is lanky and thinner leaf. #6 (red circle) is a runty version of the others. Could be 3 phenos or a male-female thing.
That One in yellow has two shorties and three regulars.
The Other One has one oultlier that has a different look, but nothing I can define yet.
IMG_7938-the other.jpg

Here's the lanky one
IMG_7940.JPG
And the mutant is a goner at transplant unless it stretches like a mad woman.
IMG_7942.JPG

m4s73r

The Laziest
Huh, never seen anyone bubble aloe before. I chop mine with some canna leves and blend it. but then i just strain it to get the pulp out, mix with 2 gallons of water and blast it on the plants. Why you bubbling it?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Huh, never seen anyone bubble aloe before. I chop mine with some canna leves and blend it. but then i just strain it to get the pulp out, mix with 2 gallons of water and blast it on the plants. Why you bubbling it?
The LAB was getting watered in anyway. As was the aloe and weed remains. Figured why not? Aerate it and get the bacteria woken up a bit.

I wanted to bubble the leaves for a while just to leech as much goodies as possible.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
When I make these half-ass teas I don't brew long or add compost or castings. That stuff can just get top-dressed occasionally. I think the aerobic/anaerobic and soil vs water microbes can stay separated until they get in the pot and it'll be fine.

m4s73r

The Laziest
When I make these half-ass teas I don't brew long or add compost or castings. That stuff can just get top-dressed occasionally. I think the aerobic/anaerobic and soil vs water microbes can stay separated until they get in the pot and it'll be fine.
I dont think it will hurt anything, Just never heard anyone actually bubbling it before. I was seeing some things about fermenting aloe. But im not a fermenter guy. Interesting.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I dont think it will hurt anything, Just never heard anyone actually bubbling it before. I was seeing some things about fermenting aloe. But im not a fermenter guy. Interesting.
I have fermented aloe as well. Didn't put any in since I had the fresh leaves, but I toss in a few ml/gl every once in a while.

I think one thing that scares people away from organics is that it's random. You have to read the plants more, you don't have a feeding schedule telling you to add a half a cup of this and a tablespoon of that on day 6 of week 4 of flower.

Listening to all these podcasts I am getting nuggets of info to piece together for my grow. There was a guy that was against compost teas and his argument was sound. So far so good.

Avocado tech - now transferred to my worm bin and not the plants.

I heard that kelp and alfalfa are great during veg but a hindrance during flower. I stopped adding them to the topdressings and when mixing soil, and I'll use them in teas during veg instead.

I just flipped the contest plants and wanted to give them a good boost instead of just RO so that is the main reason for todays mixture of "can't hurt" stuff. But since I am doing it everything gets some. I'll soak the babies, then thin it out as much as I need to to have enough water for the rest of the plants.

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
The testers loved getting soaked.View attachment 103838
And here's the breakdown between crosses.
This One in orange in the middle #5 (blue circle) is lanky and thinner leaf. #6 (red circle) is a runty version of the others. Could be 3 phenos or a male-female thing.
That One in yellow has two shorties and three regulars.
The Other One has one oultlier that has a different look, but nothing I can define yet.
View attachment 103839

Here's the lanky one
View attachment 103840
And the mutant is a goner at transplant unless it stretches like a mad woman.
View attachment 103842
mine are just starting to crack dirt! way behind you other people.

m4s73r

The Laziest
I have fermented aloe as well. Didn't put any in since I had the fresh leaves, but I toss in a few ml/gl every once in a while.

I think one thing that scares people away from organics is that it's random. You have to read the plants more, you don't have a feeding schedule telling you to add a half a cup of this and a tablespoon of that on day 6 of week 4 of flower.

Listening to all these podcasts I am getting nuggets of info to piece together for my grow. There was a guy that was against compost teas and his argument was sound. So far so good.

Avocado tech - now transferred to my worm bin and not the plants.

I heard that kelp and alfalfa are great during veg but a hindrance during flower. I stopped adding them to the topdressings and when mixing soil, and I'll use them in teas during veg instead.

I just flipped the contest plants and wanted to give them a good boost instead of just RO so that is the main reason for todays mixture of "can't hurt" stuff. But since I am doing it everything gets some. I'll soak the babies, then thin it out as much as I need to to have enough water for the rest of the plants.
I remember the days of all the trying shit out. lol. Gl with your experiments.