The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
There is literally no weed smell yet. The slight gas smell is just enough to make it smell like you just opened something new made of plastic. It is barely enough to cover the usual soil smell before the flowers kick in.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Here's a size comparison on the new cones. About a third the weed volume of a king, half the length. For something like the Croquembouche that may still be a 2-session 🤪 View attachment 83706
I'm a lightweight and therefor a big fan of small joints. I go with 1.25s for CBD but I rarely roll a joint that holds more than 0.5g with weed for myself. I like the little "mini" palm rolls that hold 0.5g a lot.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm a lightweight and therefor a big fan of small joints. I go with 1.25s for CBD but I rarely roll a joint that holds more than 0.5g with weed for myself. I like the little "mini" palm rolls that hold 0.5g a lot.
I looked at price, and it's basically a convenience thing. I have a box of packs of papers and a box of packs of pre-cut cone tips, and after a big one is rolled you can fill it as much as you want. I'm just habitually a stingy bastard :ROFLMAO: I ain't wasting half a joint's worth of paper!!! :unsure::rolleyes:

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I’m a lightweight too. I use Blue Zig Zags. Prolly fit half a gram max. That’ll last me usually all night. I only have about three hits at a time. More than that and I’m in danger of greening out.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I’m a lightweight too. I use Blue Zig Zags. Prolly fit half a gram max. That’ll last me usually all night. I only have about three hits at a time. More than that and I’m in danger of greening out.
I am not a lightweight by far - I am making up for a few decades of missed buzzes and am building up a respectable tolerance. That is why the Croquembouche shocked me. I'm like the fully functional alcoholic that does everything better drunk - but without the alcohol. :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Croquembouche is cured enough and still getting better. The smell has evolved into a buttered popcorn smell, but with a sweetness. Not enough to be a caramel corn yet but I can see it being there in a month. IMG_2266.JPG
The taste on the inhale is mellow, not much to describe but pleasant.
The taste on the exhale is something I have never paid attention to because of the headrush 🤪 IMG_2267.JPG
In a bowl would be preferred for this - or pressed - or hashed - or even a mini-joint. Don't roll a fatty. :cool:
IMG_2259.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
And some individual plants
The stuff from CLG:
Vietnamese Silver Leaf - get it while it's hot LOL
IMG_2273.JPGIMG_2275.JPGIMG_2276.JPG
And two that will probably make the cut based on awesomeness:
4th Gear x White Larry DragonIMG_2268.JPGIMG_2270.JPG
And the twin Hippie Crippler x GSC - I brushed against one of the lower nugs
Q: what do you do?
A: smell your fingers! 🤪 Hints of bubblegum - crazy!
IMG_2269.JPGIMG_2272.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
And the Mr. Nice stuff.
The Early Skunk ain't early but it might have a little skunk going on - which is cool.
Chunky little nugs bunched like grapes
IMG_2281.JPGIMG_2282.JPGIMG_2283.JPG
And I have no clue what these Angen Heart nugs will end up looking like - nothing but punk-rock hair.
But the smell is a combination of everything and it works. VERY aromatic.
IMG_2285.JPG
IMG_2286.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Did the last post waiting on water to finish bubbling. Watered the PD tent, and got tired of the crowding from plants that didn't need to be in there.
PD only now, and as soon as there's room two will move to the other tent.
IMG_2288.JPGIMG_2290.JPG
Based on space and the fact that I am going to get plenty of VSL from the mom plant I am now down to one clone of each AH/VSL/HQ.
The VSL shrub was a hot mess s it's gone. IMG_2287.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Homecoming Queen has another day to hang. Drying a little quick just because it's skinny. Weed math says it should dry to 1.75 ounces. I don't see it, but I may be surprised.
IMG_2306.JPG
I haven't touched anything to see if it is the bud density giving me the weight, but I ain't selling it so the weight doesn't matter - just personal curiosity and record-keeping
IMG_2304.JPG
But If this is anything like the other baguettes cross (Croquembouche) I'll have another jar of 'face-punch' weed LOL
IMG_2302.JPG
And I still have a Spyrock Special Hash Plant x Baguettes cross to run - life is good :)
IMG_2296.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I hate it when I am right. The Homecoming Queen dried to the weights it should have based on total weight, but there was a lot of stem-weight.
IMG_2309.JPG
I snipped away all the stem, ended up with a load of nickel sized dense nugs, and a handfull of large pea-sized secondary nugs. I went ahed and trimmed it all 'grinder ready' and got 40g total.
IMG_2315.JPG
Why do I not mind?
IMG_2312.JPGIMG_2310.JPG
I think the only drawback to this strain would be if you were selling it - you would need an exclusive clientelle willing to pay what it's worth instead of what it weighs. :cool:
IMG_2313.JPG