The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Oh - and the 10 Blueberry Biscuit at one time is a true tester run to see if the JB cross took some of the stretch out of the BBF. I'll still keep and grow all females, but after that the 3x3 room will be on a rotation with his other strains, just looking to get one or two fems a month from a few regs.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I read from someone on here that they have cut back their drinking because it interfered with their weed use. BRILLIANT! I have done the same without even realizing it. I can be high and productive (if needed) all day, but if I have a few beers it's nap time. I used to have a few beers for breakfast if I didn't have anything to do that day.

So here's a nasty mixed drink recipe that is my go-to now. Love it or hate it - there is no in between :)

I like good coffee, I drink it black. But the first coffee I tried was at age 18, from an MRE, and it was mainly for the warmth from the cup. Except for the Budder, this is that coffee LOL

Equal parts folgers instant, powdered non-dairy creamer, and sugar. A pat of budder, and some milk so it froths. Hot water and hit it with a stick blender. Takes about 15-20 minutes to kick in rather than 30-60 when you eat something.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
And except for weird, deformed females (I keep everything) I plan to just top for 4 on all my plants and keep them small. I am impressed with my first attempt, and don't see a lot of difference yet between the two pairs of limbs. And it saves a week on the mainline version of a 4-top. I have some stretchy plants coming up and want to keep them manageable.
IMG_4186.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I also have a 20"x3'x6' tent for my 18/6 work. It has 2 HLG 65V2 (4000k) boards that I run one or both, and a spare 135V2 if I have to flower something in there temporarily.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
In the foreground is the Black Widow, growing just like last time I grew her. In the back, I believe, is the first Bruce Banner I have grown.
IMG_4188.JPG
The last one I grew was more indica structure, and side-by-side looked just like the BW, and finished at the same time (short). So I don't know what I have been smoking thinking it was Bruce Banner, but THIS plant looks like the description.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Couple of different flash options to try and show what I am seeing.
@J.James said the FloD should be a short-flower. Looks like no major foxtailing, and the fire-pistils are evenly spaced top to bottom. Calyxes are plumping, and it looks like a few weeks left. No more food since they got something last night. The 8-top is drinking like a fish and getting fat now too, but at least a week behind this one. It might surprise me and beat the 4-top in weight by a lot.
IMG_4202.JPGIMG_4203.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
When I open the closet it's dank, smelling the flowers is still dank, out of curiosity I rubbed the stem and it smelled like cloves? I rubbed some trichs on a lower leaf and got the same. Weird stuff :)

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Leaves look rusty, you need to back of the nutrients by 50%. She needs all that foilage for the bulking at the end.

Here is mine around the same age
View attachment 34467
The FloD 8-top is the only thing that might get more food. I think I shorted the HLG room on cal-mag once or twice by not adding extra during mid flower. Under the QB's there's no forgiveness for that. She's starting to brown pretty evenly now, so I think she'll be after the FloD 4-top, but before the 8-top. I'm guessing around Christmas for the first, then probably a week apart on the other two.

Then again, under the HLG's, it might get almost ripe then start putting out more stuff.

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
The FloD 8-top is the only thing that might get more food. I think I shorted the HLG room on cal-mag once or twice by not adding extra during mid flower. Under the QB's there's no forgiveness for that. She's starting to brown pretty evenly now, so I think she'll be after the FloD 4-top, but before the 8-top. I'm guessing around Christmas for the first, then probably a week apart on the other two.

Then again, under the HLG's, it might get almost ripe then start putting out more stuff.
The plant in my photo is under a HLG 260 Watt XL Quantum Board and I'm not having any issues 😎
PC060604.JPG

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
Re-read what I posted. I was light on the calmag. The QB's just let you know quicker.
Just messin' with ya man, Plants look good overall. It's difficult to run multiple strains because we want to treat them all the same and feed and water each one at the same time for convenience. Your rooms look great, keep rockin it!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Just messin' with ya man, Plants look good overall. It's difficult to run multiple strains because we want to treat them all the same and feed and water each one at the same time for convenience. Your rooms look great, keep rockin it!
I think it's also that the plants require little or no attention at this point. I may have let stuff go because the plants are still thriving compared to stuff I've grown in the past.

Actually saw it first on the BW, lower leaves getting splotchy about a week ago. So I upped the cal-mag (on all) and when I started doing the fan leaf pruning the BW has new leaves popping everywhere. I had to sort through them to find the old fan-stems.

So I have been treating them all roughly the same, based on what I have seen in one of them - since they have been treated the same. Which is also part if the problem. Hoping to nip problems in the bud (pun intended) on one plant by catching it early in another. With different strains it's probably a bad move :)

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I also think that since I am getting more comfortable growing I didn't post any "Oh my god! What do I do???" pics :) If what I tried doesn't work THEN comes the shouts for help LOL

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
I think it's also that the plants require little or no attention at this point. I may have let stuff go because the plants are still thriving compared to stuff I've grown in the past.

Actually saw it first on the BW, lower leaves getting splotchy about a week ago. So I upped the cal-mag (on all) and when I started doing the fan leaf pruning the BW has new leaves popping everywhere. I had to sort through them to find the old fan-stems.

So I have been treating them all roughly the same, based on what I have seen in one of them - since they have been treated the same. Which is also part if the problem. Hoping to nip problems in the bud (pun intended) on one plant by catching it early in another. With different strains it's probably a bad move :)
I had cal-mag and gnat issues when I used fox farm soil, I think that's something to consider also. It might just be a deficiency in your medium that you are trying to correct and less that its a type of light or spectrum.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I had cal-mag and gnat issues when I used fox farm soil, I think that's something to consider also. It might just be a deficiency in your medium that you are trying to correct and less that its a type of light or spectrum.
THAT! is the reason I am sitting on dry seeds and twiddling my thumbs :)

I have the Black Gold seed-starter soil and Roots Organic Greenfields on standby. All the old FF soil is outside wrapped in a tarp (this stuff will get added) and I tossed in left-over portions of bone meal, dolomite, etc. and stirred it up. It's fermenting until spring for peppers and 'maters.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
less that its a type of light or spectrum.
I am only comparing the QB's to the XB. Different strains I know, but it seems to be gentler that the HLG. I should probably get a par meter and adjust the intensity, but for now it's just on high-speed all the time.

The QB's are also pegged on height because of the crappy hanging set-up. Raising them would also be good.