The Gwheels Perpetual Grow...

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
i feel a 2 x 2 boy tent in my future....i have a huge furnace room..wtf else is it good for except my endeavors?
Veg it for 2 weeks, throw it that new tent for a couple weeks @12/12, you should know then. Then just reveg and go.
I have a 16" x16" tent , that is almost always in use. Powered by regular house led bulbs too, dirt cheap setup, but effective.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
@Jesselikes2Grow i might be wrong about this but if you top a plant in veg it can delay the sex parts showing . Probably not by much. I just thought it seemed like it took a little longer. I presented this question to a professional grower in my area about the best way to sex them. His answer was he would just flip the ones he wanted sexed over to 12/12 until sex was determined then he would give them 24 hrs of non stop light and then switch back to veg timing on the light. He said he never has a problem doing this but i have not tried it personally but something to think about @gwheels
Amen!

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
@Jesselikes2Grow i might be wrong about this but if you top a plant in veg it can delay the sex parts showing . Probably not by much. I just thought it seemed like it took a little longer. I presented this question to a professional grower in my area about the best way to sex them. His answer was he would just flip the ones he wanted sexed over to 12/12 until sex was determined then he would give them 24 hrs of non stop light and then switch back to veg timing on the light. He said he never has a problem doing this but i have not tried it personally but something to think about @gwheels
Yup, Topped plants seem to take about 2 more weeks to show from what I've seen and experienced. Usually around 6 weeks

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Yes. Those are the girly parts. Lol. What I called a teardrop, you called a tulip.

Most any strain will show their sexing preflowers within 40 days from seed if you look hard enough.
And yes during veg time.
Usually around week four from seed I'm able to tell, may need my magnifier, but I just look em all over for their preflowers. Usually on the lowers to mid plant nodes is where they show first.
Though there's been a few made me wait extra long to tell if a boy or girl. Lol.
Have had more than a few show preflowers as early as 2.5 weeks in though too.
I read somewhere that they will always show around 50 days.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Haha. I used to work out at least Five days a week, so I have a home gym room. I fucked up my back doing seated rows about a year and a half ago and don’t work out anymore, so I’m turning the gym into a grow room.

No
My knees are blown out from doing 1 ton leg presses as a 20 to 30 year old gym rat. Its fun when you are young and i was beastly but....when you are 50 it doesnt seem that important anymore. When you hobble and ache from going way overboard when you were young.

But i can help my 13 year old achieve whatever he wants because it was an OCD hobby way before cannabis growing and i do know more than most. And he just wants to be better faster stronger at football. Not herculean. That is easy.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
My knees are blown out from doing 1 ton leg presses as a 20 to 30 year old gym rat. Its fun when you are young and i was beastly but....when you are 50 it doesnt seem that important anymore. When you hobble and ache from going way overboard when you were young.

But i can help my 13 year old achieve whatever he wants because it was an OCD hobby way before cannabis growing and i do know more than most. And he just wants to be better faster stronger at football. Not herculean. That is easy.
I'm getting older and tryna get into the gym I just want to gain weight and tone. Glad to know I have someone who's brain I can pick.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone

I wish I would have quit one year and seven months ago! Then I wouldn’t have thrown my back out, which was already fucked from breaking it in a street bike accident when I was 19.

Working out was my hobby as well and I’ve replaced it with gardening.

Question for you G - our son is 16. A couple years ago we found his stash and told him he didn’t need to hide it. We’d rather he did it at home and not out “on the street” where he could get into trouble with the law. What is your stance on youth and cannabis?

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I have a best friend whos son had cannabis before he should..he ended up in an institution for 2 weeks and that is no shit. If your brain is not formed yet it can cause problems.

Personally I am 19 and up only in this house mister...no beers either until you are of age...I am like Red Foreman that smokes weed.

When you are 19 well we can smoke a doob together. That is the Ontario legal age for both.

For the record i smoked my first doob at 13 but that dont make it right...we were lucky enough to have mexican brick schwag which seems like i am kidding but at 5% THC or whatever you cant get too screwed up.

I caution people i give the heisenbeans too. This is strong. I am serious proceed with caution and knock yourself out.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Topping them will delay the preflowers, it is true in my experience. It diverts the energy used for the preflowers etc to being used to repair itself from the topping.
Imho the preflowers won't show until the plant is sexually mature anyways, about 3 to 4 weeks from seed typically. The 12 and 12 flip won't make them flower until they're sexually ready for it, that's why on a 12 and 12 from seed it's still 3 or 4 weeks til they start to show sex. Some as early as two weeks for them to show, some as late as 5. Though with the flip it will speed things up for showing, to as soon as the plant is able, rather than waiting a bit longer. Lol.
Clones are different though, they're already as mature as the plant they came from.
Cool i did not know that about the seed taking that long to show sex after flipping. I just assumed everything was around 10-14 days after flip.

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
A good way to tell the difference before they are fully formed, is the female parts will grow right out of the branch, while male parts have a little "stem" that protrudes out that they hang off of. Gotta get in there with a loupe to see though.

Or you can just be patient and wait another week or so and wait for pistils to start coming out, or obvious polling sacs

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I think the 4 of them will go in the flood and drain for long enough to figure it out!. I thought my droppy cuttings were all dead right out of the gate but 2 sprang back up. If they work out purple cake will dominate a flood and drain and the other will be all Chem VA baby ! (like Bernie Mack in Transformers...RIP Bernie)

WTF will i do with them all....GROW EM!

4 are moving out i have room for 10 or so anyway :D

If it aint wall to wall green why did i get such a big room.... :unsure: 🤣

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I think the 4 of them will go in the flood and drain for long enough to figure it out!. I thought my droppy cuttings were all dead right out of the gate but 2 sprang back up. If they work out purple cake will dominate a flood and drain and the other will be all Chem VA baby ! (like Bernie Mack in Transformers...RIP Bernie)

WTF will i do with them all....GROW EM!

4 are moving out i have room for 10 or so anyway :D

If it aint wall to wall green why did i get such a big room.... :unsure: 🤣
So when are you installing that Tuff Shed again? Or get a 20' or 40' shipping container and crane it in there. Nothing to see here folks

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
That pool is pretty much useless in the winter.......I need a giant tent lid for the top of it..ok stop that line of thinking. No more lights or anything we are good. LOL.
I will even stop looking until something gives out. They grow great weed. Every damned one of them.
I went in the garden today thinking there was nothing to do so it will be quick...2 hours later...lol
Everything is perfect again though. All reservoirs topped up. The one with white rhino and skeleton cookies is at day 54 and i topped up with water and flawless finish and set the PH at 5.6. This is the final fill on the way to the finish. probably..
The biggest change is my veg room is wall to wall full now. When stuff gets big enough it has to move.
Chem VA in the flood and drain X 4. 1 strain what a concept. :D
The solo cups have 3thirteen seeds and they would not sprout in the plug so i just dropped them in coco. And oh well...but now i see 2 of them are popping through. I need a hammer to cram them in the flood and drain.
DSCF2372.JPG
Lets see what happens with the cuttings. I can leave them a few days. The rez temp is 70F and its boring to watch. :D

Attachments

Last edited:

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
That pool is pretty much useless in the winter.......I need a giant tent lid for the top of it..ok stop that line of thinking. No more lights or anything we are good. LOL.
I will even stop looking until something gives out. They grow great weed. Every damned one of them.
I went in the garden today thinking there was nothing to do so it will be quick...2 hours later...lol
Everything is perfect again though. All reservoirs topped up. The one with white rhino and skeleton cookies is at day 54 and i topped up with water and flawless finish and set the PH at 5.6. This is the final fill on the way to the finish. probably..
The biggest change is my veg room is wall to wall full now. When stuff gets big enough it has to move.
Chem VA in the flood and drain X 4. 1 strain what a concept. :D
The solo cups have 3thirteen seeds and they would not sprout in the plug so i just dropped them in coco. And oh well...but now i see 2 of them are popping through. I need a hammer to cram them in the flood and drain.
View attachment 20504
Lets see what happens with the cuttings. I can leave them a few days. The rez temp is 70F and its boring to watch. :D
Have you got water spraying on the stems of those cuttings? I’m certainly no expert, but I think they shouldn’t be wilting to that degree?