THE BROADER SPECTRUM 380-760nm Samsung Strips

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Now I am thinking logistically how I am gonna get it done. Lights out is at 7am, on at 7pm, but I don't want to yank lights in the morning then have to rush to get them hung that evening.

Since I have the second 240 driver that is sitting here I can probably rig the tent that has the other 240 first and get the wires to the lights, then do a quick swap of power wires to the boards and remove that 240 from the heatsink. I don't plan on cutting that one. and the other tent already has the two 135's, so the same thing there except removing two drivers after the fact.

I think I got this (y)

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Now I am thinking logistically how I am gonna get it done. Lights out is at 7am, on at 7pm, but I don't want to yank lights in the morning then have to rush to get them hung that evening.

Since I have the second 240 driver that is sitting here I can probably rig the tent that has the other 240 first and get the wires to the lights, then do a quick swap of power wires to the boards and remove that 240 from the heatsink. I don't plan on cutting that one. and the other tent already has the two 135's, so the same thing there except removing two drivers after the fact.

I think I got this (y)
I'm sure your on top of it but make sure you take those boards off before cutting. The vibration will be extreme on those chips especially with a sawzall, the aluminum dust etc you dont want on your shit as well or your lungs. Worst case a hacksaw and some elbow grease might get her done. I'd measure and try to keep the heatsink as even as possible especially if running parallel. As far as old boards if the chips and number of chips are the same I'd imagine they would be good. Hlg though recommendeds Only using boards from the same batch in parallel. The internal build could be slightly more/less efficient and cause runaway in theory.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
What's best for slicing a heatsink in half?
Wafer disk for an angle grinder for ripping length ways or that or a hacksaw with some dish soap or other lubricant. Aluminum clogs files and sand paper up up
👆

Like score it with a razor and snap it, or something else super simple that I wouldn't normally try.
Scoring it with a razor blade will work. Score it good and deep and you shouldn't have a problem unless your heatsink is 1/4" or more in thickness, then I'd go with a "wafer" disc.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Wafer disk for an angle grinder for ripping length ways or that or a hacksaw with some dish soap or other lubricant. Aluminum clogs files and sand paper up up

Scoring it with a razor blade will work. Score it good and deep and you shouldn't have a problem unless your heatsink is 1/4" or more in thickness, then I'd go with a "wafer" disc.
I have a sawzall and ain't skeert to use it. but I think scoring it first will make a better guide than a sharpie mark.