THE BROADER SPECTRUM 380-760nm Samsung Strips

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
What I meant is you can’t do them end to end.
I pair them together, then run in series, instead of paralleling all of them. But I only use CC drivers.
I'll run 4 pairs on a 2100mA 240 Meanwell type A. They will run 300 watts at wall.
I'm getting a little less than 1200mA per strip. 37 to 38 watts each. Efficacy is around 3.16(guessing)
The 240 -2100mA watt driver is about the best I have figured for maximum spread and efficacy. I'm sure there are more equally as good.

Last edited:

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I also can attest to Peter being a cool dude. I just talked to him, the guy was super helpful in getting the details on a couple of lights figured out.

Can't wait for the package, feels good to be back in the saddle with some new fun toys.
I ordered form him for the first time this morning and got my shipping notification 2 hours after I placed the order.

quiescent

Super Active Member
Finally got the lights together. Getting to the wiring was the hard part. We've got a lot of tools but a few things would have made the manufacturing more time efficient, a drill press for one.

They are bright af. I turned off all the lights at the trap last night and turned the light to 100, facing towards the ceiling. The light was bouncing around corners of dirty walls covered in dry wall dust into rooms, partially illuminating them.

I almost bought a gang of hlg stuff, glad I didn't. Saved buku bucks.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I'm gonna get at least 16 lm301b 2700k w added reds.
The heatsinks on growdaddyleds are only like 18" so I get mine custom sizes for about 3$ a foot. I paid 77$ for 8- 36" sinks.

I'm gonna build another today.
Having wago connectors with 5 or more holes is ideal for wiring.

Has anybody messed with the u channel type frame?

The most unattractive part of my design is the wago connectors.
I would like to devise a junction box or u channels as the power rail. These are big plans. But hey. Thats why I'm Ty. I do things...

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I'm gonna get at least 16 lm301b 2700k w added reds.
The heatsinks on growdaddyleds are only like 18" so I get mine custom sizes for about 3$ a foot. I paid 77$ for 8- 36" sinks.

I'm gonna build another today.
Having wago connectors with 5 or more holes is ideal for wiring.

Has anybody messed with the u channel type frame?

The most unattractive part of my design is the wago connectors.
I would like to devise a junction box or u channels as the power rail. These are big plans. But hey. Thats why I'm Ty. I do things...
I’ve been making my frames out these.

BB24F650-AFD8-452C-BB43-723E39B3DEF1.jpeg
Two, spaced evenly across the length of the heatsinks works great, then you just drill through the existing holes in the strips, through the heatsinks, and then fasten them with t-nuts to the rails.

I’ve built 5 lights so far from that one order and still have some left. If you go to the manufacturer’s website, you can also get the rails cut to size, but they cut like butter with a band saw.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
If i said this before....i smoke a lot of weed...

I have a lot of various lighting....i started with a space bigger than my lights...added a meijiu here...a couple of hortiblooms there.

boards with 660nm far reds operating constant make better buds...right up to 720 i have tried and the difference is worth adding the far reds.

if you want to really dick around with things bet a 720 to 780 on a separate timer (i have one :D) and do the 15 minutes before and after lights on to make them shave a week off of flower...crazy but TRUE

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
If i said this before....i smoke a lot of weed...

I have a lot of various lighting....i started with a space bigger than my lights...added a meijiu here...a couple of hortiblooms there.

boards with 660nm far reds operating constant make better buds...right up to 720 i have tried and the difference is worth adding the far reds.

if you want to really dick around with things bet a 720 to 780 on a separate timer (i have one :D) and do the 15 minutes before and after lights on to make them shave a week off of flower...crazy but TRUE
Emerson effect?

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter

View attachment 86441
Two, spaced evenly across the length of the heatsinks works great, then you just drill through the existing holes in the strips, through the heatsinks, and then fasten them with t-nuts to the rails.

I’ve built 5 lights so far from that one order and still have some left. If you go to the manufacturer’s website, you can also get the rails cut to size, but they cut like butter with a band saw.
Can I see a pic of how u use em?

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter

View attachment 86441

Capture+_2021-03-21-10-02-15.png

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Hey buddy - I got the little 4-strip light and eventually got these directions out of him. Couldn't find it on the site, and I didn't find him nearly as helpful - but I am buying lights, not friends.

Anyway, this seems to show one wire miraculously dividing into two...
Does this indicate two separate positive and negative wires coming from the driver?
growdaddy.png

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
use a wagu and run a secondary wire (or a wire nut but wagus are a lot easier).

Short as possible is best for least drop off too.

Once you do the one....you can do cobs...boards...all of them are the same idea...some are better in series or parallel but you can usually run either.