SoLow's never ending thread

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
Aww, cute wittle blueberry πŸ₯°πŸ˜ trying to figure out how to grow in rockwool cubes
View attachment 43672
Nice! Add that skill to the arsenal πŸ’ͺ
I tried rockwool once. Easy to get sopping wet. Squeezing is a bad thing. I'll be watching to see how you figure it out cuz I know you will πŸ‘

Wonder what would happen if you use a rapid rooter in that system?

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Nice! Add that skill to the arsenal πŸ’ͺ
I tried rockwool once. Easy to get sopping wet. Squeezing is a bad thing. I'll be watching to see how you figure it out cuz I know you will πŸ‘

Wonder what would happen if you use a rapid rooter in that system?
I actually started them in rapid rooters, then put them in rockwool, because I've killed too many seedlings in rockwool. I've never killed one in a rapid rooter lol

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
I actually started them in rapid rooters, then put them in rockwool, because I've killed too many seedlings in rockwool. I've never killed one in a rapid rooter lol
Nice. I shelved rockwool after that first time. They were Grodan too. I've had some damp offs in rooters but it's been a while.
Btw I bought a 100 bag of Root Riot and I like how the hole is smaller than Rapid Rooter, good for seeds and no need to rip off a little piece to cover the hole. Pop em in and they kinda close on their own. Rapid Rooters were more consistent in shape overall though, and a bit bigger.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Nice. I shelved rockwool after that first time. They were Grodan too. I've had some damp offs in rooters but it's been a while.
Btw I bought a 100 bag of Root Riot and I like how the hole is smaller than Rapid Rooter, good for seeds and no need to rip off a little piece to cover the hole. Pop em in and they kinda close on their own. Rapid Rooters were more consistent in shape overall though, and a bit bigger.
I just call them rapid rooters, but the brand I get is actually called gorilla plugs. I'll have to look into those root riots tho because these have the same issue, the hole is a bit too big.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Sounds like youse need bigger seeds.🀫🀣πŸ€ͺ😏
The Rapid Rooters have a larger hole in the plugs when compared to the relatively smaller Root Riot. I prefer the Rapid Rooters for starting seeds. The wider opening and depth of the inset hole are perfect for dropping a seed at the right depth and pinching off a corner to shove in the hole.

I prefer the Root Riots for clones since the tighter opening holds onto the stems better. Also, the smaller size of the Root Riot means I'll see roots break through earlier. They both work for either application.
I'm sticking with stiicky. The hole seems too small on the riots. I'ma go dig them out now lol. Bought em and stashed em months ago

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
I never even used the riots, lol. There is an appeal to the self closing tops. I've been putting my seeds too deep in the rapids, apparently right below the top with a corner piece covering it is too deep πŸ˜’ I've had to dig the last few out. Gonna try out the riots on these next seeds. Give em a turn, only cause you like em.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
I never even used the riots, lol. There is an appeal to the self closing tops. I've been putting my seeds too deep in the rapids, apparently right below the top with a corner piece covering it is too deep πŸ˜’ I've had to dig the last few out. Gonna try out the riots on these next seeds. Give em a turn, only cause you like em.
I do so far. I got 100% popped up out of 44 (Magnum) dropped. I still got half a bag left. I'll fix that in a few weeks.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Yes comparable both in use and storage. The bag is actually a functional sealed Ziploc vs rapid rooter, the bag is a Ziploc but has holes punched in it wtf.
I've noticed in storage they're just as great. Had mine for 6 months. Actually both are great. The rapids are still in the same bag. No problems. Still fresh as day one.
Edit: just read that the hole punch fucked you. It hasn't ruined mine yet.

Last edited:

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
I've noticed in storage they're just as great. Had mine for 6 months. Actually both are great. The rapids are still in the same bag. No problems. Still fresh as day one.
Edit: just read that the hole punch fucked you. It hasn't ruined mine yet.
It didn't necessarily mess anything up other than in the summer they dried out quicker even after I doubled up in a ziploc. Idk how many times I've used the word Ziploc in the past 24 hours 😬

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Had a minor scare this morning. I walked down to open my tent and the walls are normally sucked in from the exhaust fan. The walls were like fucking puffed out when I checked on it today. My plug for my exhaust fan is on the ceiling and it fell out! The walls were covered in water. 99% humidity. πŸ˜‚ No signs of powdery mildew as far as I could tell tho.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Here's cream & cheese from Seedsman. I'm excited to try this. It's a 1:1 CBD: THC ratio say roughly 20%, I believe. Just stuck her in flower. I'll keep y'all posted. Wish me luck 😁😁IMG_20200220_120828309_HDR.jpg

Oh, and here's Adub
IMG_20200220_122151464_HDR.jpg