Slowdrawls mixed bag

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The HQ were freebies, got 5 seeds of which only 3 popped. I'll be damn lucky to get 1 female.
Wet full packs of RIR and 4th Gear. The RIR are slower to pop.
Hope I have better luck with the DC, got them quite a while back.
All of the seeds I've purchased from him have come in little glass vials with cork plugs.
I noticed when you posted about yours they are packaging differently now.
The HQ - if you get a girl she will grow vertical. if you top it spread the limbs early while they are flexy. Like those big cactus with the arms that look like right angles. Any secondary/tertiary limbs will be vertical as well and crowd, but I don't let it veg long enough for those to make limbs.

RiR I haven't found thr right pheno of yet. Mine grew great but the results were just 'good smoke' - I know there's better in there, others have found it on here.

The 4th Gear was chunky-buds. Crossed with Big Bud I think. It was that high school high that I dig, that Jeff Spiccoli 'happy to be stoned' high LOL I can't wait to grow it well LOL

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
The HQ - if you get a girl she will grow vertical. if you top it spread the limbs early while they are flexy. Like those big cactus with the arms that look like right angles. Any secondary/tertiary limbs will be vertical as well and crowd, but I don't let it veg long enough for those to make limbs.

RiR I haven't found thr right pheno of yet. Mine grew great but the results were just 'good smoke' - I know there's better in there, others have found it on here.

The 4th Gear was chunky-buds. Crossed with Big Bud I think. It was that high school high that I dig, that Jeff Spiccoli 'happy to be stoned' high LOL I can't wait to grow it well LOL
Cool to know about the wild card pheno in the RiR!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member

it's the same with mimosa x grape ape ,had a green pheno that is better, than the purple pheno.

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
I just know I have a high tolerance
I'm exactly the same way, been smoking pot pretty solidly for over 50 years.
I need the most potent shit there is to be happy!
I'll be on the search for that one hit unicorn, which for me I know doesn't exist.

Gotta have some decent smoke coming out of this grow.
20230224_083634.jpg

Most broke ground 3 days ago, had some stragglers with the RIR.
So I've got about a week to 10 days to figure out what to cull.
Got room for 18 2 gal bags, so 9 of them are going to get tossed.

Ended up with a touch under 10 oz from my last run.
Should get me thru until these are done!!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
It's been known for awhile that green phenos will always be better than the purple phenos. I've known about it and experienced it for at least 20 years now
I got a Durban F3 as a freebie that is purple under the leaves, the ground flower shows that purple, and it will sit you down for a minute and make you stare at stuff. I have a few more in the pack so I can hope that F3 means he selected it pretty well. But I could have found and lost that purple-ish unicorn :)

I guess I can't lose now, if I get a green pheno next it'll be better LOL

Last edited:
I'm exactly the same way, been smoking pot pretty solidly for over 50 years.
I need the most potent shit there is to be happy!
I'll be on the search for that one hit unicorn, which for me I know doesn't exist.

Gotta have some decent smoke coming out of this grow.
View attachment 125609

Most broke ground 3 days ago, had some stragglers with the RIR.
So I've got about a week to 10 days to figure out what to cull.
Got room for 18 2 gal bags, so 9 of them are going to get tossed.

Ended up with a touch under 10 oz from my last run.
Should get me thru until these are done!!
Some really cool CLG beans this run Slow! Man that tent is going to look amazing come fade time 🍁

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
A week on this group.
Got them 24" under my 3000 and 4000 Atreum boards at 260 watts.
20230301_094203-crop.jpg
Been pondering on the 18 that I need to pick?
Think it's gonna be....at least for now!
1 BHP
3 HQ
4 RIR
5 4th Gear
5 Deep Chunk
Hopefully get a good spread of females among the reg seeds.

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
Up potted to 2 gal bags 3 days ago at the 2 week mark.
The DC jumped right out front for size from the beginning, they've always been lime green in color.
The 4th Gear is right behind them, the rest seem to be squat.
All the plants were root bound a bit, makes transplanting easier I believe.
20230311_102925.jpg

Gonna let them go another 3 wks before the flip.
So probably another month before I can determine sex.
Hoping for an even spread of females out of this batch.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Up potted to 2 gal bags 3 days ago at the 2 week mark.
The DC jumped right out front for size from the beginning, they've always been lime green in color.
The 4th Gear is right behind them, the rest seem to be squat.
All the plants were root bound a bit, makes transplanting easier I believe.
View attachment 126148

Gonna let them go another 3 wks before the flip.
So probably another month before I can determine sex.
Hoping for an even spread of females out of this batch.
starting to move about easier? i take it, by u working with the beans.