Slowdrawls mixed bag

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
4 wks today for my squat little bunch.
Got a pic before lights on this morning.
Kinda disappointed in the RIR, don't think they're going to be of any size.
And 2 of the 3 HG are kinda runty too.
Topped em 4 days ago, gonna give it another week and I'll start 12/12.
Maybe your light is too good and they are just comfy being short and not having to grow for some light? 🤷‍♂️ 😜

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
Flipped em yesterday 3/29 at 5 wks.
Wish I'd done some research on the Deep Chunk, probably would have been advised do not top!
Damn things are so bunched up, I've never seen anything like it.
Hope to see them stretch enough to get out of their own way.
The RIR are the smallest stature plants I've grown.
The 4th Gear are killing it!
Got 1 HC that's of size, already showing some sacs :confused:
20230330_071151.jpg20230330_071313.jpg20230330_071226-crop.jpg

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Wish I'd done some research on the Deep Chunk, probably would have been advised do not top!
View attachment 126812View attachment 126814View attachment 126813
looks like tops everywhere!

Tvanmunhen

Just some dude
View attachment 126812View attachment 126814View attachment 126813
Beautiful plants. Do you still have 2 HQ? Those Deep Chunks are crazy lol.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think I bitched about that for 4 months while I grew out 2 that I topped... Better to get in there and start snipping every other limb or something while they are young. Fuck the Rev. If Tom Hill kept it around forever because it was so great - something went sideways when he got a cut or a sack of beans. He selected for shit.

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
I think I bitched about that for 4 months while I grew out 2 that I topped... Better to get in there and start snipping every other limb or something while they are young. Fuck the Rev. If Tom Hill kept it around forever because it was so great - something went sideways when he got a cut or a sack of beans. He selected for shit.
Was there any potency to yours?
Wish I"d have paid more attention.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The buzz is there, and on a decent plant would probably have been stellar. I had 5 beans; a dud, two dudes and two midget chicks. I also had a back-and-forth with the rev via e-mail that I posted on here.

IMHO... you'll get half an ounce per girl of some decent buzz that smells of hay and disappointment. If you have the room to let it happen you might get lucky! I would prune away almost everything but the tops so they get air and maybe ripen normally. At least enough to get some airflow between them at the base. It needs to be something creative though. Maybe keeping every other node or every 3rd one? Anyway, good luck!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
looks like tops everywhere!
The buzz is there, and on a decent plant would probably have been stellar. I had 5 beans; a dud, two dudes and two midget chicks. I also had a back-and-forth with the rev via e-mail that I posted on here.

IMHO... you'll get half an ounce per girl of some decent buzz that smells of hay and disappointment. If you have the room to let it happen you might get lucky! I would prune away almost everything but the tops so they get air and maybe ripen normally. At least enough to get some airflow between them at the base. It needs to be something creative though. Maybe keeping every other node or every 3rd one? Anyway, good luck!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
last run i had a white runtz ,that need to have, a bunch of the limbs hacked off .

sound like the way to go,

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
Who’s beans are we talking about? Low potency? The landraces I grew were of fairly low potency, but the high was great when smoked. It was hard to get it to transfer over into edibles. If you’re dealing with the plants that’s only 6% THC. ... and you have to decarboxylate it and then do an infusion..... well there isn’t a lot of room for miscalculation. Would I grow them again!? Yes but I’d have to be in a mindset for it.
your plants look good to me bro

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
Who’s beans are we talking about? Low potency? The landraces I grew were of fairly low potency, but the high was great when smoked. It was hard to get it to transfer over into edibles. If you’re dealing with the plants that’s only 6% THC. ... and you have to decarboxylate it and then do an infusion..... well there isn’t a lot of room for miscalculation. Would I grow them again!? Yes but I’d have to be in a mindset for it.
your plants look good to me bro
I was referring to potency of the Deep Chunk from K.O.S that HAF grew.