Slowdrawls mixed bag

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Gotta say that's my first inclination, but this thing is still showing mostly clear trichs.
I'll just give it a go over each day, which is a pain in the ass but I'd like it to mature a bit more!
I always have stuff in multiple stages of flower so plucking is not an option for me. No way of knowing if you got them all until harvest, then you usually find one or two you missed as you buck it off the stems.

If all you have is plants the same age it won't matter a bit. Even if one busts you won't have time for anything to make even the baby white seed-lets.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
I seriously dread the last couple weeks of flower, everything's going along good and then it happens!!
I either fuck it up or start having issues I can't or don't know how to fix.

About 5 days ago I left for first half of the day, tent looked good at 7:am.
I didn't open the fresh air intake that morning for my storage/lung room, been closing at night.
(yep I fucked it up)
Sooo...when I did go to check the plants about 2:00 pm, the room was 90+degrees.
My tent never sees temps above 79 avg 75-77, that night the plants looked ok.

Next morning one of the lowest fans on the bubba/X had a twisted curl to it, now they all are starting that.
Watering schedule has been normal, none of the others are showing any trouble.
Wouldn't sweat it normally at the end but this thing has very few cloudy trichs, could easily go a couple more wks.

20240229_134517-crop-crop.jpg

So is it still traumatized from its spa moment, or.........??
I will add it is not under watered as it appears, maybe a little the other way!

Streetpro09

Tester
I seriously dread the last couple weeks of flower, everything's going along good and then it happens!!

I didn't open the fresh air intake that morning for my storage/lung room, been closing at night.
(yep I fucked it up)
Sooo...when I did go to check the plants about 2:00 pm, the room was 90+degrees.

Next morning one of the lowest fans on the bubba/X had a twisted curl to it, now they all are starting that.
Wouldn't sweat it normally at the end but this thing has very few cloudy trichs, could easily go a couple more wks.

View attachment 135757

It's either a phosphorus or root/ph problem that was already there but not showing its head until they were stressed a little with the heat.

Second to last picture looks similar.

I have one going into flower doing something similar. Hopefully she shapes up soon.

20240229_183403.jpg
20240229_183352.jpg

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
It's either a phosphorus or root/ph problem that was already there but not showing its head until they were stressed a little with the heat.

Second to last picture looks similar.

I have one going into flower doing something similar. Hopefully she shapes up soon.

View attachment 135759
View attachment 135760
Thx man, I'll look at that a bit closer.
Plants have only had top dressing twice with Flower Girl, castings and MBP, maybe not enough to finish?

Run it till those trichs are right. You might lose some fan leaves but should be fine.
Right on man, this is the one I want to go the distance!
Plants looking really good except for the fans.
_DSC2332.JPG

Thank you both for your feedback!!

Streetpro09

Tester
Thx man, I'll look at that a bit closer.
Plants have only had top dressing twice with Flower Girl, castings and MBP, maybe not enough to finish?

Right on man, this is the one I want to go the distance!
Plants looking really good except for the fans.
View attachment 135762

Thank you both for your feedback!!
I totally agree with Willie about just letting her finish at this point. They're looking close anyway.

I try to think of fan leaves as nutrients in the bank. That's why i try not to defoliate a new strain until i learn it's feeding habits. Leaves are a reserve in the tank and who really cares what they look like at harvest. I don't smoke the leaves. 😉

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
I got all that....I believe in the fade!
I'm not big on stripping down my plants
Just an issue that fans are giving up the ghost with zero fading colors.
The most important thing to me is they reach maturity, and I judge most of that by trich development!
So I'd say a wk to 10 days anyway, might not be any fans left by harvest...

pinner420

Finally on a roll....
I feel your pain. I have a mother plant that gobbled through her 5 gallon soil charge in veg. I've got leaves dying off 4 a day and I've given her all the go juice, recharge, trinity, compost tea, pureblend pro etc. I got a soil moisture meter I'm gonna take some readings but man one little hick up and she's throwing a fit all the feels like this should make her snap out isn't working man I even put my magic crystal on her; she's only half way through and don't think she's gonna snap out of the downward spiral. All 9 plants have been loved in the same way.... I'm out of excuses!!! I'm thinking I may replace her...

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member

(yep I fucked it up)

View attachment 135757

@Slowdrawl ,i wonder if those fans at least pushed what was in them to the plant ,as they boiled from the inside?

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I feel your pain. I have a mother plant that gobbled through her 5 gallon soil charge in veg. I've got leaves dying off 4 a day and I've given her all the go juice, recharge, trinity, compost tea, pureblend pro etc. I got a soil moisture meter I'm gonna take some readings but man one little hick up and she's throwing a fit all the feels like this should make her snap out isn't working man I even put my magic crystal on her; she's only half way through and don't think she's gonna snap out of the downward spiral. All 9 plants have been loved in the same way.... I'm out of excuses!!! I'm thinking I may replace her...
last night i went to check the plants i have 1 plant that is showing ski rails on the bud leaves, a first in my little grow ,never had 1 show like this. in my time as a inie grower( 2 years and not much over that) ,i did,nt really start getting better at this,till i got here.Thank you to the peps who didn't mind , showing a old hard head where he was really screwing -up the grows, names withheld to protect the ,good ones on this forum.I Thank you all!

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
One lonely plant in the tent that better hurry the fuck up!
_DSC2360.JPG

Damn plants starting to pop out some new growth, gotta be getting close to the end for the poor old girl!
Barely showing some amber trichs on the larger sugar leaves.
_DSC2363-crop.JPG

Got young ones in a temp situation under a 4000k shop light for now, they're doing good!
_DSC2366.JPG

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I'm having trouble deciding on what to grow next. lol
I planted Jelly Pies, Golden Goat, Blue Dream from GPS.
Cocoa Banana from Honest genetics.
I have a 1/2 dozen plants up from 2016 harvest.
3 Chemdogs and 2 Black Cherry Sodas are up.
Of course I have to try another round of the 2008 Skunks.
I'm having trouble getting my old seed to pop, so I am dropping 20 and hope for one or 2 to break ground.
Such a shame I never took better care of my seed.
It's very disappointing now.
What to plant next?
LVTK? I have an unopened container from Cannaventure, should I drop?
I'm revegging one of the comp plants and got clones from them too.