Skunk Hunters

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Producing ample base stock was the easy part ๐Ÿ˜‰

Science is of no help, and I don't know the pedigree, its full of hermies so breeding with it will be a headache and a half
A real "estered up" Skunk plant is becoming a myth to the younger generation of growers. ๐Ÿ˜ฉ :cool::coffee:
The legend is gone, time to move on.
Now, let's see what Ohio growers can bring to the game Dec 7th.
Release Kentucky and West Virginia from the "prohib drip" also.

A real "estered up" Skunk plant is becoming a myth to the younger generation of growers. ๐Ÿ˜ฉ :cool::coffee:
I'm not ready to give up just yet.
Even if I don't find skunk bud, this line has tons of great plants so it's still worth growing.

I found it less than 3 years ago from this exact line, was it a 1 in a million plant, I doubt it but time will tell.

Sure is ๐Ÿ™‚

Finding skunk after all those years and it's weak AF, that'd be a let down lol
Tom hill certainly seem to think something in skunk prohibits a good high, making it mids.

Part of what motivates the search is capturing a unicorn and studying it, explaining it.
A recent paper on volatile sulphuric compounds claim whatever whatever is what makes it stink, by those metrics gelato33 came out on top with a big lead.

I'm not having none of it lol

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Sure is ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom hill certainly seem to think something in skunk prohibits a good high, making it mids.

Part of what motivates the search is capturing a unicorn and studying it, explaining it.
A recent paper on volatile sulphuric compounds claim whatever whatever is what makes it stink, by those metrics gelato33 came out on top with a big lead.

There's a 3 open molecule chain in that report, located on the structure that controls the Sulphur gathering ions or some protein. Science stuff...
I read it a good while back. Came out in 2019.
People get rode hard if mention having the good shit in these forums.
Poor guys...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
There's a 3 open molecule chain in that report, located on the structure that controls the Sulphur gathering ions or some protein.
and it's those open chains and what (if anything) attaches to them that probably makes all the difference - and that is all probably coming from the environmental/terrior aspect. What else is in the soil we are not measuring yet?

We only know that we didn't know something after we learn something then realize what we missed - and that usually opens more doors.

D

Deleted member 2835

I know there's more than a few old boys that have something hidden up their sleeves as far as skunk goes along the ohio river.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I know there's more than a few old boys that have something hidden up their sleeves as far as skunk goes along the ohio river.
I guess we're gonna find out,
now that a circle of foul odor is legal to grow, the neighbors can bitch all they want .
It's time for a change in genetics. lol
I got 4 days to decide what to bring to the stage for Ohio's first
"Roll Of The Dice" tour
starring "Crap Shoot". It's gonna be a real "Shit Show".
Neighbors fucking over neighbors.
Little seedlings running everywhere.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Sure is ๐Ÿ™‚

Sulfur is the 5th most common element in the world.
A sulfur deficiency in soil is rare and the treatment is tiny if it is deficient.

It's funny but when skunk first came on the scene it was considered a defect. "oh, crap, this bag is skunky"

Then came that killer green skunk, that was different. That is the holy skunk grail that everybody wants and what they are trying to re-create. Just chasing their tails on that one......it was a pheno. It was cut only. There was a standing offer of $50 per seed found. Think about that.

As for that killer green skunk, I could get lbs for 4k versus good columbian for $2500/lb. The difference is you're selling $250 oz's with one and $400 oz's with the green. The truth is, that for myself I preferred the columbian. That green skunk was fantastico when you first opened the bag but by the end, you'd be rolling logs to smoke. Tolerance built fast before the bag was even done....in my opinion. I never wanted to sit on any of that skunk.

Around here 2 residences were converted to grow ops.........just for skunk. One thing that was cool about that skunk was it came in a air tight sealed bag.........actually there would be a bunch of bags separated by heat seals kinda like a roll of sausage links. The first time I saw that was when the trunk was popped and there were like 20 bags on a roll.......it was a degree of professionalism I never saw before.

After those 2 houses were busted, I never saw that green skunk again. If ANYBODY actually had any of it, we'd all know already. It's just a unicorn chase, imo, and sulfur has little to do with it. :)

I'm not one to try to revive a 30 years old MIA line but was given this 1993 batch of seeds and growing some I found one 100% skunk.. I would almost have preferred the line to be bunk, but f me, I guess I have to give it an honest shot.

Every theory has been enounced, rehashed, flipped upside down
.. someone has to be right lol

Also have to say, all these vendors claiming skunk this skunk that better drop the pyrex, lemon isn't skunk goddamnit

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm not one to try to revive a 30 years old MIA line but was given this 1993 batch of seeds and growing some I found one 100% skunk.. I would almost have preferred the line to be bunk, but f me, I guess I have to give it an honest shot.

Every theory has been enounced, rehashed, flipped upside down
.. someone has to be right lol

Also have to say, all these vendors claiming skunk this skunk that better drop the pyrex, lemon isn't skunk goddamnit
I quit looking after a short buying spree. I bought some packs and best I found was like a skunk-cabbage smell. Vegetable skunk instead of animal...

I have two "John Doe Skunk" going now that were freebies from Top Dawg. From anyone else I would have passed on gettting them wet unless there was an emergency, but if JJ calls it skunk I had to try a couple.

K@tM@n

Did you forget about the contest you signed up for?
I didn't forget a little life happened, you could have gotten the exact details by hitting the DMs ๐Ÿ˜‚ they're sealed (seeds)do you need them back are you running short? I got a little change no problem, ๐Ÿ˜” I own my poor communication. Other than that I like it here, but however you want to handle it consider it done โœ… waiting reply...

K@tM@n

I didn't forget a little life happened, you could have gotten the exact details by hitting the DMs ๐Ÿ˜‚ they're sealed (seeds)do you need them back are you running short? I got a little change no problem, ๐Ÿ˜” I own my poor communication. Other than that I like it here, but however you want to handle it consider it done โœ… waiting reply...
timing is a little off ordered this before contest came in a little late in the beginning upon arrival not working. ๐Ÿคฌ And shipping time hasn't been that great, customer service even worse long story short in lighting limbo, so my reasons is lighting issues and probably a little poor management I can own it, but all sarcasm out the way just let me know what you want to do โœŒ๐Ÿ•Š just for insight the picture where I took a screenshot of where I emailed customer serviceโ˜ฎ

Attachments

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
timing is a little off ordered this before contest came in a little late in the beginning upon arrival not working. ๐Ÿคฌ And shipping time hasn't been that great, customer service even worse long story short in lighting limbo, so my reasons is lighting issues and probably a little poor management I can own it, but all sarcasm out the way just let me know what you want to do โœŒ๐Ÿ•Š just for insight the picture where I took a screenshot of where I emailed customer serviceโ˜ฎ
What brand of light came late and didn't work outta the box?

treefarmercharlie

๐Ÿ†
Admin
I don't care about the seeds, I didn't send them to you, but could've at least let us know you weren't going to be able to participate instead of just not saying anything. Little things like that go a long way, especially if you want to participate in something like that again. @Heisen spends a good amount of his own money to send seeds out to all of us for testing and contests and he's cool when an issue arises as long as people are up front with him.