Shopping for a rosin press

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
Ok I think I’m finally gonna go ahead and order one. Been slacking but there’s no way I can trim everything I have so. Time to buy. I need something that can do a lot at once. I can be wasting time. Why’s the best on the market atm

Myvoy

I was like you researching these presses up and down. I pulled the trigger on a NS og few years back and it has held up well. The units are solid with good warranty and trade up programs.... Honestly, If I had to do it again, I might go with a mini due to size and weight. I enjoy rosin but I find myself not using it as much as I thought. Btw, the minis are on sale for $420

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Ok I think I’m finally gonna go ahead and order one. Been slacking but there’s no way I can trim everything I have so. Time to buy. I need something that can do a lot at once. I can be wasting time. Why’s the best on the market atm
U get a big one, and I'll swing by and use it!! 👍

quiescent

Super Active Member
If you're wet trimming I'd stop right there. Everything about that is meh, especially time investment.

Clip big fans with no frost. Hang whole plants/big branches. Dry in 55-60% humidity.

Clip the buds off the main stalk. Trim your crows feet off the bottom of the bud. Use a pair of scissors to get big leaves if needed. Get a trim bin and a couple of these brushes to clean them up a tad.

If you're growing plants that you're selecting ease of trim as a requirement you'll be able to trim a lb in an hour or so once you're done pulling nugs off the stems.

After you've put some buds in jars look at the pile of shit you don't feel like trimming. Don't trim it.

With any solventless extract it's quality in, quality out. So if you're smashing nugs there shouldn't be trash leaf material without trichs. You can get around this by making full spectrum bubble with trim and reasonably "untrimmed flower", then smashing into rosin.

Have a pheno hunt finished? Trim a quarter ounce of each pheno, mix the rest of the phenos together and taste what's available across the spectrum of the parents.

Get a $50 mini 5 gal electric washer, a 3 bag set of bubble bags and a zippable work bag. Get everything you can out of the material, longer/more washes. Spread it out and dry the hash out very well but don't go curing a ball, smash it asap.

Use some lower micron bags to smash your bubble. Lower temps with bubble as well.

printer

Super Active Member
I got some heating cartridges in the mail. I hate using up my aluminum blocks but I guess it is for a good purpose. Come to think of it, I think my brother has them. He has a little machine shop in his basement.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
With any solventless extract it's quality in, quality out. So if you're smashing nugs there shouldn't be trash leaf material without trichs. You can get around this by making full spectrum bubble with trim and reasonably "untrimmed flower", then smashing into rosin.

Have a pheno hunt finished? Trim a quarter ounce of each pheno, mix the rest of the phenos together and taste what's available across the spectrum of the parents.

Get a $50 mini 5 gal electric washer, a 3 bag set of bubble bags and a zippable work bag. Get everything you can out of the material, longer/more washes. Spread it out and dry the hash out very well but don't go curing a ball, smash it asap.

Use some lower micron bags to smash your bubble. Lower temps with bubble as well.
I have 5 plants done out of 8. the three drying now are ~9oz. Mostly for hash. I did dry-sift with most of it, bubble-washer for some, only keeping minimum for smoke from the plants hanging now. So it's the first time for me using bud for the whole process instead of just trim.

Trim you can look at it as you are sifting and see if it's done. only two sides to a leaf, and the trichs rub right off with a few passes. after that its shaking and sifting until there's only green left on the screen. After that it's grading.

Since I am doing buds I know the first run didn't come close to getting it all. I kept all the kief from 96microns down to age. Here's the 97m and bigger remainder. Half gallon jar...
IMG_3538.JPG
When the second batch is dry and got a good first sifr I am going to decarb the lot, then everclear wash it. I think after decarb it'll all fit in one half gallon jar still, so a handle of everclear should do it :)

ShysteGrow

novicegrower
u buy the press in the all in one section from low temp and it don't come w a 40$ bottle jack smh what's the category all in one mean if I can't take that bitch out the box and use it lol only all in one of u wanna upgrade to their 900$ bva hydraulic hand pump w a guage my ass .. lol wouldn't recommend these bums for that dumb ass shit u get reading the fine print under the picture says don't come w a bottle jack !?! Lol what's it doing saying all in one then ! Very misleading long story short ain't a harbor freight around that had the low profile jacks in stock and they prob know that stupid shit too why they don't include it with their 1300$ press had to wait a week longer and order the stubby jack from northern tool while the press was set up and ready to go lol smh

Myvoy

Just got my nugsmasher in the mail today.. all new to me.. got a rig yesterday and everything i need.. gonna go experiment after work.. cant wait to get home... hefty investment so i hope i enjoy it .
Hope you are enjoying your unit. One thing I did to mine the first week I got it was to put edging around the opening of handle. x17.jpg Protects it from eventual wear and noise...slightly.

Cobzilla

Super Active Member
I extended my handle and put an anchor on my workbench to hold the unit in place so I don't have to hold the unit.. made it much more comfortable to operate.. good idea to put the edging on.

Myvoy

Yeah, I definitely need to make a stationary work center. Did you rig the existing handle or replace it to make it extend?

Cobzilla

Super Active Member
I will take a picture and show you when I get home from work.. I used the existing one and made it work.. kinda ghetto but I don't care.. it's just for me.. I sure like mine.. hefty investment but well worth it.. much better then smoking flower all the time... Still like my flower tho.. always will.☮

Cobzilla

Super Active Member
Ok here is what I did. I got 3 small hose clamps.. found an old stout screwdriver and attached it to the existing handle and covered the clamps with electrical tape.. for the anchor I just screwed a loop into my bench attached a short piece of lightweight chain I had around.. didn't even have to go to the hardware store... improved comfort of use a bunch.. Ghetto? Yes of course... but 100% effective and best of all free.. lol (y)

Resized_20210416_181114.jpeg

Myvoy

Ghetto ingenuity at its finest...nice! Yeah definitely an investment but I can see it lasting a life time...such a simple, solidly made units. I concur it is very nice to have a variety to enjoy.