Shopping for a rosin press

mr_c

Super Active Member
I have the NugSmasher Original 12 Ton. It’s really the only one you’ll ever need for personal use. If I were to do it over then I’d buy the Pure Pressure Longs Peak. Simply because it’s so high tech you can have presets for strains and material your pressing.

Primo bozo

Big veiny dick
Have you thought about building your own? Much cheaper than buying a unit. I built mine for under 250.00. got the shop press from harbor freight, and the plates from Amazon.15826390021134787286493226457355.jpgit work's great, and doesn't break the bank. I do recommend getting the micron pressing bags tho, I use 120 micron for flower, and 37 for hash, whether you buy one, or build one, you will never want to be without one again.
Good luck.

Attachments

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Have you thought about building your own? Much cheaper than buying a unit. I built mine for under 250.00. got the shop press from harbor freight, and the plates from Amazon.View attachment 50572it work's great, and doesn't break the bank. I do recommend getting the micron pressing bags tho, I use 120 micron for flower, and 37 for hash, whether you buy one, or build one, you will never want to be without one again.
Good luck.
So..it's the HF 6 ton press and the Tech-L plates from amazon, is that it?
It looks like you just have to tighten the set screws on the heating plate and your good to go. (y)

Parts are 200 for the plates and 84 for the press, but press isn't discounted currently. Interesting for sure!

Primo bozo

Big veiny dick
So..it's the HF 6 ton press and the Tech-L plates from amazon, is that it?
It looks like you just have to tighten the set screws on the heating plate and your good to go. (y)

Parts are 200 for the plates and 84 for the press, but press isn't discounted currently. Interesting for sure!
Yeah, 200. For the plates, but I got the press for 49.00 and then got 20% off with an online coupon, it came out to less than 50.00 tax and all. It works for me. I know a lot of people are using 20 ton but I have great results from this 6 ton, I'm more interested in the quality than I am the quantity.

Stoned Cold Bulldog

I’m looking into getting a rosin press. I’m pretty clueless when it comes to the whole process buying making etc. any tips or help would be greatly appreciated.
AS OF RIGHT NOW YOU SHOULD DO MORE HOMEWORK SO YOU BETTER UNDERSTAND THE IDEA and how to of pressing rosin and then do home work on various styles of presses from manual to automated. the FYI presses are fine and economical as pointed out above. lastly think in terms of is this going to be just for personal use and if so that will determine how much you spend and why. peace

p.s. once u habe the cash i always say slow down to spend it wisely

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Owned two dulytec presses both shit the bed . Have had a dab press for a while and there ain't no breaking this ... Not ever . And it was way cheaper too 😂15826693470025893741906275090696.jpg they nailed it w this design. Even the platens are magnesium or tungsten plated and rosin wipes right off it w a paper towel!

Last edited:

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
For personal use id recommend this one. Have been using it a few months and it works great. 6 ton seams to get all the good stuff out. Couldn't hardly make one for the price.

https://www.amazon.com/Hydraulic-Bottle-dp-bj6t35-Anodized-Machine/dp/B07KQ3QB9N/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=dab+press&qid=1582737676&sr=8-3

View attachment 50706
Mine is a 3 ton and it was 300 . And I will tell u what I have never had to really crank down on it . U prob only really need a ton or so. Jmho . It is all about finesse w rosin. Crank down too hard and u split ur bag and end up w particles in your goods

Last edited: