Seedsman Gelat.OG Fem

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
I've run 13/11 in flower before. For me that grow went forever. What's your average for flower time would you say?
I haven't done enough 10/14 runs compared to 12/12 or my experience with 13/11 to be any help, but I try to add common sense to most things, and nature. So late fall the days are getting shorter. I would expect the plant to be watching for it in some natural way, lol. So, I guess if I were to wing it, I don't think the loss in yield would outway the extra two hours, but I don't have anything to compare it to directly yet.
I have three other 10/14 grows going now. Once I do some playing around with some strains and a little breeding, I'll get to where I am running clones back to back. I'll probably test the 12/12 vs. 10/14 from clone at that time.

Growing outside ive noticed some plants would show sex in the last week of July and some others mid August while others didnt until September.

That tells me that some plants can start going into flower on a 14 or 15 hr light cycle.
Sunrise and sunset here where im at in late july is 5:56am-8:04pm. Twilight is from 5:26am-8:34pm. Nautical twilight is even greater. As u can see some plants go into flower with much greater amounts of light than 12/12.

Lets look at September
Sunrise to sunset 6:27am-7:19pm
Twilight. 6:00am - 7:45 pm

I do a lot of my harvesting last week of oct to first week of nov.

Lets look at how many hrs of light say in the first week of oct.
Sunrise to sunset 6:52am -6:32 pm

Cloned plants usually flower earlier than from seed. And that was the case this year as well as i chopped plants from seed in the third week of nov.
Lets look at the amount of light say in the fourth week of oct.

Sunrise to sunset. 7:16 am-5:59pm

And during this time the amount of direct intense sunlight is dimenished quite a bit. My yields never really varied any at all from the early flowering ones to the later flowering ones with the early flowering ones recieving a substantial amount of more sunlight

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Really good stuff enjoyed reading your grow blog just now. Ive also been just flowering on 10 hrs a day. Ive seen no difference in yields from when i was on 12/12

Just think naturally plants dont even receive 8 hrs of direct intense light a day. Morning sun comes up and they dont get much sun until around 9- 10 am and then by 4 pm or so sun is already descending pretty rapidly.

If their was a controller that could automatically dim the lights at lights on and after a couple hrs it has increased to 100% then start to trickle it off later on. Justnlije whatnthwy recieve outside.
Like to see the results and money saved in electric bills if it works.
10 vs 12 hours of daylight on Perms 60 day grow is 33 kWh difference just in his light. Thats a short grow at 60 days. Most id say run 70+ at 70 days the difference would be 39 kWh difference with 275 watts.

If you had 3-4 runs a year on that schedule that would be a bit of savings for sure.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
@Old ST1R do you think it would be more accurate to measure the power consumption of all grow inputs? That would be lights, fans, pumps, dehumidifier...anything powered that went into the grow.

I ask because I'm looking to set up a power consumption meter to do a test run on the g/KWh idea.

In other words ”how much do you pay the power co for a ounce of weed?”

Many variables there too with grow room/area setup. As well as climate, number of plants, the list could go on.

Not near as simple as a dick measuring contest.

Big Perm

Budtender

Many variables there too with grow room/area setup. As well as climate, number of plants, the list could go on.

I think two measurements would be ideal. One for the light, one for everything else. Most people are worried about the light I think because they can consider their setup as their standard, and switching the lights out has the biggest impact. The purists will do all of the info, with just light info on the side, haha.
Seriously though. GPW means nothing to me now. It's like using time to tell someone how far something away is instead of distance. Like a 20 minute drive vs. a 20 mile drive.

Big Perm

Budtender
If their was a controller that could automatically dim the lights at lights on and after a couple hrs it has increased to 100% then start to trickle it off later on. Justnlije whatnthwy recieve outside.
There are controllers out there that do it for all of the lights, well, any that are capable of dim. They aren't cheap. Around $400-500, but they will handle hundreds of lights. Imho totally not worth it for the home grower, unless you are getting a controller anyway.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
@Old ST1R do you think it would be more accurate to measure the power consumption of all grow inputs? That would be lights, fans, pumps, dehumidifier...anything powered that went into the grow.

I ask because I'm looking to set up a power consumption meter to do a test run on the g/KWh idea.
It make sense to me to measure all of the electrical inputs, then you could measure grams per kWh.

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy

Basically.

There's no controlling for the grower, can't measure stupid...

I'm interested in an objective set of measurement parameters that would work regardless of veg time, seed vs clone, etc.

I'll leave the dick measuring to those who think they're packing, I already know how I'm hung, and it ain't impressive. :ROFLMAO:

Big Perm

Budtender
So forgive my newbness. But i've never seen clones get flowered and veg so much. How do you get the plants to grow so much? I've only ever see them grow into long spears.
Hey man, I see you made it.

I topped once after the first week. If you don't top, and if you keep the sides trimmed down it will grow a single main cola.

Big Perm

Budtender
i've never seen clones get flowered and veg so much. How do you get the plants to grow so much?
I see what you are asking now. Usually after a flip the plant will still grow for a few weeks. That is basically the veg time window on a flower from clone run. Once they stop stretching, that's it. They just pack on weight after that.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Excellent journal @Big Perm. An absolute pleasure reading your material. Well thought out with clear visuals and the summary was top notch. Lots to glean and learn. You truly are a master at your craft. Looking forward to seeing many more of your adventures. Thank you for sharing 👏👍