Seedsman Gelat.OG Fem

Big Perm

Budtender
Thank you for all of the support that I get for growing. I'm always open to questions, and am pretty laid back and comical about most things. I'm just a squirrel tying to find a nug, but I've learned a lot along the way (that I remember). Thanks again for all of the views, likes, and comments. I really appreciate it.

I've been waiting for a little bit of cure for a smoke report before wrapping this thread up.

Clones cut on Oct. 1
10/14 started Oct. 24
Harvested on Dec 23
60 days from rooted clone to harvest.
Dried, cured for a little over two weeks now.

Overall, very easy strain to grow. Nutes were easy, no surprises along the way. I did get a little behind on Ca week 5, but caught it and it never got worse than some rust spots.
I would recommend this to any grower, it's an easy grow, a very strong plant, and a great yielder.
The smell on this plant was very pleasant. It also wasn't overpowering. It never smelled like I was growing weed when I zipped open the tent. It being a lower stink of a grow, I would recommend it where smell would be a concern.

It was just starting to really put on some pinks on the buds when I chopped. I could have let it go another week and probably gotten a lot more bag appeal out of the color. I chopped when I did because I had ladies waiting to use the space. I was within the window for harvest, and next time I'll let it go about a week longer.

The smoke is top notch. It has that deep weed taste (old school smokers know what I'm talking about. You taste that taste and it's like....yeah..) along with a noticeable berry/floral aroma and taste. The smoke is smooth on the lungs, and I taste most of the flavor on the exhale. The cured buds are very aromatic and quickly smell up a room when a jar is opened.

The high is an overall all-rounder. Smaller amounts get me moving and thinking, while larger amounts couch lock me, but only physically. It would be a great afternoon smoke before mowing the yard, or a movie smoke when you don't have to move for a while. This is also a strain that will get someone talking.
Depending on your tolerance level, I would not recommend this as a sleep smoke. However, I've had some crazy dreams sleeping on this. If you are at all an insomniac, this will not knock you out.
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200108213532926_COVER.jpgIMG_20200108_213410.jpg00000IMG_00000_BURST20200108011559693_COVER.jpg

Ok, now what we've all been waiting for, the numbers.
IMG_20191227_013117.jpgIMG_20191227_041936.jpgIMG_20191227_042008.jpg

I think we need to re-evaluate GPW as being the standard in performance, and we should all as growers move to g/kwh. Given the gpw way though, I averaged about 275 watts. Max was 300 watts, and I got 421.58 grams. Or, 1.53 gpw....In 60 days. Using 10/14. So next time I do a run like this I am going to log the kwh used.

I'll get a video of the harvest up. Thanks for reading guys, and gals.

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Thank you for all of the support that I get for growing. I'm always open to questions, and am pretty laid back and comical about most things. I'm just a squirrel tying to find a nug, but I've learned a lot along the way (that I remember). Thanks again for all of the views, likes, and comments. I really appreciate it.

I've been waiting for a little bit of cure for a smoke report before wrapping this thread up.

Clones cut on Oct. 1
10/14 started Oct. 24
Harvested on Dec 23

Overall, very easy strain to grow. Nutes were easy, no surprises along the way. I did get a little behind on Ca week 5, but caught it and it never got worse than some rust spots.
I would recommend this to any grower, it's an easy grow, a very strong plant, and a great yielder.
The smell on this plant was very pleasant. It also wasn't overpowering. It never smelled like I was growing weed when I zipped open the tent. It being a lower stink of a grow, I would recommend it where smell would be a concern.

It was just starting to really put on some pinks on the buds when I chopped. I could have let it go another week and probably gotten a lot more bag appeal out of the color. I chopped when I did because I had ladies waiting to use the space. I was within the window for harvest, and next time I'll let it go about a week longer.

The smoke is top notch. It has that deep weed taste (old school smokers know what I'm talking about. You taste that taste and it's like....yeah..) along with a noticeable berry/floral aroma and taste. The smoke is smooth on the lungs, and I taste most of the flavor on the exhale. The cured buds are very aromatic and quickly smell up a room when a jar is opened.

The high is an overall all-rounder. Smaller amounts get me moving and thinking, while larger amounts couch lock me, but only physically. It would be a great afternoon smoke before mowing the yard, or a movie smoke when you don't have to move for a while. This is also a strain that will get someone talking.
Depending on your tolerance level, I would not recommend this as a sleep smoke. However, I've had some crazy dreams sleeping on this. If you are at all an insomniac, this will not knock you out.
View attachment 40801View attachment 40802View attachment 40803

View attachment 40806View attachment 40805View attachment 40804

I think we need to evaluate GPW as being the standard in performance, and we should all as growers move to g/kwh. Given the gpw way though, I averaged about 275 watts. Max was 300 watts, and I got 421.58 grams. Or, 1.53 gpw....In 60 days. Using 10/14. So next time I do a run like this I am going to log the kwh used.

I agree man. That is some of the best results I’ve ever seen. Most folks that get 1.5 gpw veg forever. That was efficient af. 🔥
Would you say that leaving the schedule at 10/14 after they are mid flower is beneficial? I run 13/11 for faster finish.. am I losing some weight doing so in your opinion?

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
I agree man. That is some of the best results I’ve ever seen. Most folks that get 1.5 gpw veg forever. That was efficient af. 🔥
Would you say that leaving the schedule at 10/14 after they are mid flower is beneficial? I run 13/11 for faster finish.. am I losing some weight doing so in your opinion?
The bolded part shows why gpw is a useless measurement.

I'm starting a movement to use g/KWh, that's grams per kilowatt-hour. That's truly an objective way to measure output against inputs.

Last edited:

Big Perm

Budtender
I've run 13/11 in flower before. For me that grow went forever. What's your average for flower time would you say?
I haven't done enough 10/14 runs compared to 12/12 or my experience with 13/11 to be any help, but I try to add common sense to most things, and nature. So late fall the days are getting shorter. I would expect the plant to be watching for it in some natural way, lol. So, I guess if I were to wing it, I don't think the loss in yield would outway the extra two hours, but I don't have anything to compare it to directly yet.
I have three other 10/14 grows going now. Once I do some playing around with some strains and a little breeding, I'll get to where I am running clones back to back. I'll probably test the 12/12 vs. 10/14 from clone at that time.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN

Clones cut on Oct. 1
10/14 started Oct. 24
Harvested on Dec 23

View attachment 40801View attachment 40802View attachment 40803

View attachment 40806View attachment 40805View attachment 40804

I think we need to evaluate GPW as being the standard in performance, and we should all as growers move to g/kwh. Given the gpw way though, I averaged about 275 watts. Max was 300 watts, and I got 421.58 grams. Or, 1.53 gpw....In 60 days. Using 10/14. So next time I do a run like this I am going to log the kwh used.

Really good stuff enjoyed reading your grow blog just now. Ive also been just flowering on 10 hrs a day. Ive seen no difference in yields from when i was on 12/12

Just think naturally plants dont even receive 8 hrs of direct intense light a day. Morning sun comes up and they dont get much sun until around 9- 10 am and then by 4 pm or so sun is already descending pretty rapidly.

If their was a controller that could automatically dim the lights at lights on and after a couple hrs it has increased to 100% then start to trickle it off later on. Justnlije whatnthwy recieve outside.
Like to see the results and money saved in electric bills if it works.