Schwaggy Seeds

k0rps

grows her
Hey gweedo ~ cool to hear your washed buds smoking clean. You wash in hydrogen peroxide for pm?

Recently ran a side by side comparison with some outdoor washed in 2oz 1:1 lemon juice & baking soda in 4gal water, then rinsed in two separate buckets of r/o water...(didnt have pm or mould so left out hyg.prx dunk) It seemed super counterintuitive dunking buds like that but after seeing the bugs, dirt, hairs and whatever else got stuck on the resin, it made sense..
Once they both had been cured, the dunked buds smoked smoother with no cough and clean flavor. Just wanted to share my experience~

Did you do a comparison also?

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
That's awesome nice to see someone else on the same path, I was helping out 2 ops up my way, one got nailed for compliance and shut down, the other had his money man pull out and go elsewhere without any heads up, so I been working my plans and product locally lol
Wished I could find some like minded people in my area to help with grows. They are more interested in the Meth than weed.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Hey gweedo ~ cool to hear your washed buds smoking clean. You wash in hydrogen peroxide for pm?

Recently ran a side by side comparison with some outdoor washed in 2oz 1:1 lemon juice & baking soda in 4gal water, then rinsed in two separate buckets of r/o water...(didnt have pm or mould so left out hyg.prx dunk) It seemed super counterintuitive dunking buds like that but after seeing the bugs, dirt, hairs and whatever else got stuck on the resin, it made sense..
Once they both had been cured, the dunked buds smoked smoother with no cough and clean flavor. Just wanted to share my experience~

Did you do a comparison also?
Don't you have a lot of trichs fall off in the water?

smokieokie

Insanely Active Member
That's awesome nice to see someone else on the same path, I was helping out 2 ops up my way, one got nailed for compliance and shut down, the other had his money man pull out and go elsewhere without any heads up, so I been working my plans and product locally lol
Compliance is gonna come down hard on alot of growers and dispos. Changes go into effect in march. Keep on keeping on brother, something will work out for us.👍👊

k0rps

grows her
Don't you have a lot of trichs fall off in the water?
Noticed a Small visible difference in trich loss with scope; but not potency.. depending on water temp, dunking technique there is potential to loose more, ie using cold water, but ime the benefits outweighed the risks.
I'd recommend to those who grow outdoor/unfiltered indoor for medical patients to check it out
~k0rps

smokieokie

Insanely Active Member
Noticed a Small visible difference in trich loss with scope; but not potency.. depending on water temp, dunking technique there is potential to loose more, ie using cold water, but ime the benefits outweighed the risks.
I'd recommend to those who grow outdoor/unfiltered indoor for medical patients to check it out
~k0rps
Did you notice a difference in dry times? I did it once with the peroxide and it seemed to me the washed buds dried a little quicker. I dont know if that's what caused the difference but it was all dried in same place at the same time.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Did you notice a difference in dry times? I did it once with the peroxide and it seemed to me the washed buds dried a little quicker. I dont know if that's what caused the difference but it was all dried in same place at the same time.
The external "defensive"oils would be washed away from the flower That could be one reason for drying faster.

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
I washed my whole plant a few branches at a time, water temp was about 75 didn't wanna go to cold or hot to save tricks, but that shit is mostly waterproof, and totally agree with the surprise at how filthy the water was, smokes a bit smoother than my non washed stuff as well

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I up humidity in a tent with a big bowl of water,when i'm drying to get rh up.Gans moving air in there anyway.If i had a humidifier it would just make in to warm in the tent anyway
Just a thought, but if you hang in a smaller place, the humidity should stay a lot higher.
For example, if you have 4 or 5 coat hangers in a 2 x 4 tent, then your overall "room humidity" will dominate your drying space. Not sure your situation, but it's something to consider.