Roadkill Skunk-

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I actually purchased Skunk seeds from Sacred Seed collective. I bought every Skunk seed I could get my hands on 20 years ago.
What you're missing today in these so called skunks, is the "alcohol esters" that contributed to the plants defense against pests to some point etc.
To bring this trait out is like 1 in a 100 or 1 in a 1000 plants. Sure people say, it's Skunk because it might have a slight Skunky smell.
That sure the fuck ain't Skunk. There was no sweetness to the Skunk of the late 70's and 80's. Today, sweetness is a common word in a Skunks description. Bull shit! Like Skunk #1 for instance, that is just the plant version that breeder came up with and marketed.
Catpiss smells and tastes like what catpiss would taste like. Ain't no sweetness to a cats piss on the carpet, right? lol
The closest I can describe Skunk is being in a barn at about 90 degrees, cleaning out a calf stall, and when you get down to that juicy sawdust and straw full of soured piss. Makes you sick at your stomach. Literally! Bacteria doing its thing.
That's Skunk!
Don't be deceived fellas.
I have one that is showing these catpiss traits out of 6 plants.
I've been searching for a couple years off and on going through my old seeds and have finally got "one". It's holding an ammonia and catpiss smell both.
I had a couple other plants that had only the sour ammonia smell coming through in the aroma to joint.
It's getting smoked. lol
Not good for concentrates. Has very undesirable tastes coming through when pressed and consumed.
Like rotten cucumbers or zuccini. (The smell when a "copperhead" snake is close by)
I'll use the "dessert" strains for concentrates. lol

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I actually purchased Skunk seeds from Sacred Seed collective. I bought every Skunk seed I could get my hands on 20 years ago.
What you're missing today in these so called skunks, is the "alcohol esters" that contributed to the plants defense against pests to some point etc.
To bring this trait out is like 1 in a 100 or 1 in a 1000 plants. Sure people say, it's Skunk because it might have a slight Skunky smell.
That sure the fuck ain't Skunk. There was no sweetness to the Skunk of the late 70's and 80's. Today, sweetness is a common word in a Skunks description. Bull shit! Like Skunk #1 for instance, that is just the plant version that breeder came up with and marketed.
Catpiss smells and tastes like what catpiss would taste like. Ain't no sweetness to a cats piss on the carpet, right? lol
The closest I can describe Skunk is being in a barn at about 90 degrees, cleaning out a calf stall, and when you get down to that juicy sawdust and straw full of soured piss. Makes you sick at your stomach. Literally! Bacteria doing its thing.
That's Skunk!
Don't be deceived fellas.
I have one that is showing these catpiss traits out of 6 plants.
I've been searching for a couple years off and on going through my old seeds and have finally got "one". It's holding an ammonia and catpiss smell both.
I had a couple other plants that had only the sour ammonia smell coming through in the aroma to joint.
It's getting smoked. lol
Not good for concentrates. Has very undesirable tastes coming through when pressed and consumed.
Like rotten cucumbers or zuccini. (The smell when a "copperhead" snake is close by)
I'll use the "dessert" strains for concentrates. lol
stop and look close @ what u have going on that (snake/plant) may near be hidden!you have the gold mine please keep looking for that qurtze vain!@ NoWaistedSpace

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
stop and look close @ what u have going on that (snake/plant) may near be hidden!you have the gold mine please keep looking for that qurtze vain!@ NoWaistedSpace
I know I do. My seed is all I got left in the weed game.
Everybody wants them, but I just can't let them out, no matter how mad people get.
If I could get my own brand up, but not gonna happen until I am allowed to actually grow them out "legally".
There's a lot of old timers like me sitting on their heirloom seeds from decades ago waiting to bring their creations to light.
Every thing is pretty much the same genetics today and
there were some "bad eggs breeding" in the crosses that are playing havok on growers now with herms.
You rarely see it in the older stuff.

Sugar Pops

I know I do. My seed is all I got left in the weed game.
Everybody wants them, but I just can't let them out, no matter how mad people get.
If I could get my own brand up, but not gonna happen until I am allowed to actually grow them out "legally".
There's a lot of old timers like me sitting on their heirloom seeds from decades ago waiting to bring their creations to light.
Every thing is pretty much the same genetics today and
there were some "bad eggs breeding" in the crosses that are playing havok on growers now with herms.
You rarely see it in the older stuff.
Ohhh, you mean Before all the feminization!! 👍 (A time I fondly remember too!)

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Don’t get me wrong, I understand the value of feminized seeds, I just have a hard time swallowing the cost.. ( no, I don’t mean monetar)
I've paid as high as 28 bucks per fem seed and 40 bucks for 3 regular seeds before.
I paid/sold 40 bucks an 1/8 for decent weed in the early 2000's. When there was actually $$$ to be made in the weed business.
300-400/oz for top shelf back then.
200 oz is about it now for the best.
The Sensimilla/green bud was 80/oz in the late 70's.
Seed was harder than hell to find if you didn't know someone or find it in a bag.
Those Afghani seed were pretty rare.
Was bred with Columbian and Jamaican that created the Skunks.
I never ordered any seeds till around 2000.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I've paid as high as 28 bucks per fem seed and 40 bucks for 3 regular seeds before.
I paid/sold 40 bucks an 1/8 for decent weed in the early 2000's. When there was actually $$$ to be made in the weed business.
300-400/oz for top shelf back then.
200 oz is about it now for the best.
The Sensimilla/green bud was 80/oz in the late 70's.
Seed was harder than hell to find if you didn't know someone or find it in a bag.
Those Afghani seed were pretty rare.
Was bred with Columbian and Jamaican that created the Skunks.
I never ordered any seeds till around 2000.
i rember buyin a four finger lid for ten bucks (mex brick weed),and it pissed me off when my plug went to 15.00 a lid.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
i rember buyin a four finger lid for ten bucks (mex brick weed),and it pissed me off when my plug went to 15.00 a lid.
Yea, you could by a cigarette wrapper stuffed for 5 bucks of decent Columbian and it wasn't polluted with a bunch of seed either.
90 1/4lb and 110 1/4lb for top shelf Columbian.
Another little story, When I was a junior in high school, there was a plane that dumped its load out around Charleston WV area. A local dealer ended up with around 6 lb of it and a classmate found his stash and came to school the next morning and about 5 or 6 of us skipped school and went "partying" lol.
He was pouring it on the trunk of the car and after rolling joints, he would just swipe the rest off the trunk. He thought he was big shit that day until the guy found out he had stolen it and had to give the rest back and pay for the missing amount. lol

Shua1991

Really Active Member
I've got an obvious catpiss/ammonia phenotype of "golden Tiger"(thai/malawi) that is in reveg now, I'll be making f4's in a few months if you guys want to try samples, I don't know how "potent" they are for everyone but I get plenty of medicinal value smoking them. Really good at reducing brain inflammation and helping with work/motivation.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Yea, you could by a cigarette wrapper stuffed for 5 bucks of decent Columbian and it wasn't polluted with a bunch of seed either.
90 1/4lb and 110 1/4lb for top shelf Columbian.
Another little story, When I was a junior in high school, there was a plane that dumped its load out around Charleston WV area. A local dealer ended up with around 6 lb of it and a classmate found his stash and came to school the next morning and about 5 or 6 of us skipped school and went "partying" lol.
He was pouring it on the trunk of the car and after rolling joints, he would just swipe the rest off the trunk. He thought he was big shit that day until the guy found out he had stolen it and had to give the rest back and pay for the missing amount. lol
Sounds like , he was lucky the whole class did'nt show, for the party!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Those were the days! lol
Did you ever get shot gunned, then have someone from behind pick you up and squeeze the hell out of you while you're holding your breath?
The dumb shit we did when we were young and no one died. lol
called the rising shotgun it was squat down someone gives you a shotgun a you stand,as soon as you'er standing the bear hug starts, passed out in the road they were 2or 3 at a time .

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I've got an obvious catpiss/ammonia phenotype of "golden Tiger"(thai/malawi) that is in reveg now, I'll be making f4's in a few months if you guys want to try samples, I don't know how "potent" they are for everyone but I get plenty of medicinal value smoking them. Really good at reducing brain inflammation and helping with work/motivation.
It's unique because it isn't "watered down".
That's what makes it so valuable.
I was surprised when I started coming to these forums.
Hell, I thought everybody had it.

Sugar Pops

I remember all kinds of fun things like that we did way back when… like throwing mugs in the freezer until they were frosted right up and blowing shotguns into it to make “witches brews” where you could “drink” the smoke.. and another we called a Hawaiian hot box, you turned the hot water on for the shower and the steam + smoke effect had us all pleasantly baked for hours too… but who know… our tolerances were much different back then too…
But hey, thanks for the flashbacks!..lol