Reversing a female

Erick31876

Solo cup champion 2019
Also I should mention, I used way more than 8oz of CS spray. I made almost 2/3 of a gallon at 23 ppm and I used at least half of that amount. I did spray the shit out of this girl top to fudging bottom, lol. Drenched her each time.

All and all it has been a simple process just time consuming is all. From making the generator, making the sauce to spraying it hasn't been too bad.

Definitely give Heisen more credit for using CS to reverse his ladies vs STS. I think in his situation that STS is real tempting. Spray once maybe twice and be done with it. Solid, downside is working with chemicals.
What is sts?

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
For anyone interested I put a little video of me collecting pollen from a banana. I didn't need to cut any of the ripe bananas like I did the first few balls. The plant was just too early in flower. Now I can see a clear seem in the banana that the pollen falls out of so it's not to bad of a process. Tedious though doing a few balls at a time.

If you got a big enough plant with enough balls opening at once you may be able to shake the plant over a screen and glass top and collect bulk pollen by shaking the shot out of that mofo but not sure.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Just seen you on the other site lol. They're like little salt shakers. I really like the idea of trying to collect pollen like that, and I can make screens and cut glass any size I need in my shop. I think it's a worth a try. I'll let you know when, might be a couple months. But I really like the idea. Maybe pick balls until there's going to be more mass of them opening at once?

pleasecheese

Really Active Member
For anyone interested I put a little video of me collecting pollen from a banana. I didn't need to cut any of the ripe bananas like I did the first few balls. The plant was just too early in flower. Now I can see a clear seem in the banana that the pollen falls out of so it's not to bad of a process. Tedious though doing a few balls at a time.

If you got a big enough plant with enough balls opening at once you may be able to shake the plant over a screen and glass top and collect bulk pollen by shaking the shot out of that mofo but not sure.
Yes, if you get the plant big enough it will release pollen just like a male would, just tip it over and tap it gently. the pollen will mature within a few days to a week.. The reason people start spraying the female to be reversed a week before flower is because it take about 3-4 weeks to make pollen and the female receiving the pollen need to be about 3 weeks into flower in order to successfully pollinate, so they can be kept on the same lighting schedules if you do it that way.. There should be buds forming with pistils to receive the pollen. If the pollen takes, the pistils will recede and start to swell within the next few days to weeks as seeds start forming. You can spray a female that has buds on it and it will still reverse but remember it takes over 20days to make pollen so keep that in mind for your timeframe.

Last edited:

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
When it comes to shaking a plant to get pollen, I believe it all depends on the plant. My reversed Monkey Juice never really seemed to "bust open" or shake out pollen if the plant was violently shaken. I just had to pluck it, let it dry, and extract it.
The Plemon on the other hand could probably be shaken over a sheet of glass and there would be pollen to be collected. TONS of pollen in the sacks (some spilling just when being tweezed off) compared to the MJ. It seems like it would need to be a well reversed plant if small, or a large one in order to collect anything of substantial quantity when "shaking" to collect....if the plant is even a decent producer. After collecting from the Plemon, I dont think I'd deal with the MJ again just because of how tedious collection was on that one.
@thenotsoesoteric wheres the video you posted?

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
When it comes to shaking a plant to get pollen, I believe it all depends on the plant. My reversed Monkey Juice never really seemed to "bust open" or shake out pollen if the plant was violently shaken. I just had to pluck it, let it dry, and extract it.
The Plemon on the other hand could probably be shaken over a sheet of glass and there would be pollen to be collected. TONS of pollen in the sacks (some spilling just when being tweezed off) compared to the MJ. It seems like it would need to be a well reversed plant if small, or a large one in order to collect anything of substantial quantity when "shaking" to collect....if the plant is even a decent producer. After collecting from the Plemon, I dont think I'd deal with the MJ again just because of how tedious collection was on that one.
@thenotsoesoteric wheres the video you posted?
On my IG account @thenotsoesoteric

Erick31876

Solo cup champion 2019

Do you have a link to the video

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Any who, the grape sato has balls that should be open tomorrow and hopefully I can collect a little pollen to start hitting the black dog, lvtk and Oran Jones mothers. Knocking on wood. I'll get flicks tomorrow.
I bet anything you bless the Black DOG with will be on point, certainly with the reversed Grape Sato. Between you and Amos, you guys are gonna find a gem in the crosses.

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
I bet anything you bless the Black DOG with will be on point, certainly with the reversed Grape Sato. Between you and Amos, you guys are gonna find a gem in the crosses.
Thank you, the next round of reversing is gonna be either the blackberry pheno of black dog or the purple pheno and an lvtk. The terps on both of the black dogs are indulgent for sure so I have higher expectations for those terp wise.

The grape sato pollen I hit the girls with a couple days ago has already started to turn pistils red. I may do a little more dusting today just to see what I get, kind of a judge of what this size plant will give in beans.