QB132 V2 Quantum Boards × 1 V2 3000K

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I heat and lightly tin the wire lead with some flux on it.
I put the tinned wire through the hole and wrap it.
Put a little flux on the wire and on the pot lead.
Heat the iron, and get a bit of solder on the tip and tin them both up heating the wire.
It should by proxy heat the pot prong and flow following the flux.
If you need a bit more solder get a bit more melted on the tip of the gun and do again.
Best tip is get the solder on the gun and tin your leads well.
Not like brazing as much, but kind of. Minimize the heat you use on the parts in soldering.
Did I explain that so it makes sense?
I'm gonna do it to leads and just wire nut it. I'm not taking the whole light out of the tent and redoing it. I am pissed at myself for not checking beforehand. I was in a hurry while baby was napping. Daddy duty is tough!

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I heat and lightly tin the wire lead with some flux on it.
I put the tinned wire through the hole and wrap it.
Put a little flux on the wire and on the pot lead.
Heat the iron, and get a bit of solder on the tip and tin them both up heating the wire.
It should by proxy heat the pot prong and flow following the flux.
If you need a bit more solder get a bit more melted on the tip of the gun and do again.
Best tip is get the solder on the gun and tin your leads well.
Not like brazing as much, but kind of. Minimize the heat you use on the parts in soldering.
Did I explain that so it makes sense?
There are No decent vids on youtube.
This helps a lot. When I have the time I will sit down and try again.
I'm not one to give up. Shit, first time I taped a wall my joint looked like shear rock face, Mr. Colorado!
To become a good taper, ya gotta sand your own mistakes. After breathing in enough gypsum. Wham. It hit me!
If you put it in right thw first time ya wont have to sand it off!
Upstairs bathroom redo. Nearly killed me!0618171011.jpg
I learned how to mud and tape without creating a hail of dust. Old plaster sucks

Erick31876

Solo cup champion 2019
Put the solder on the iron first, then heat the wire that you've fluxed with it and it will flow onto it. Do the same method for the other part, tab, contact, wire etc. Then get some more solder on the iron, hold the two pcs together and press the iron to them, rub it a bit with the iron if needed, they'll flow and bond. Soon as it's bonded let off heat. A bit of tape to hold things down, or a fly fishing jig works well, roach clips, or other holding device if you've got such things.
Harbor freight sells a thing for soldering, i forget what it is called. Its a magnetic base with 2 arms with roach clips on the ends, its for holding wires while you solder them. Ill see if i have an extra one, if i do you csn have it @TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
A good gun is great to have as well. 60 watts or higher. Mines a 100, or 140 watt gun style depending on where you set the trigger.
View attachment 4106
Turned a struggling solder job on my truck using my 35 watt on 14 gauge wire into a half second breeze with the new gun. Lol.
Made the 2nd light bar build go really fast as well. Was using 14 gauge wire for the leads to avoid any potential voltage loss from my length of them.
$40 at Lowe's is what I paid.
Wait til I take a pic of my inherited gun, from Montgomery ward! U remember that place?

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
A good gun is great to have as well. 60 watts or higher. Mines a 100, or 140 watt gun style depending on where you set the trigger.
View attachment 4106
Turned a struggling solder job on my truck using my 35 watt on 14 gauge wire into a half second breeze with the new gun. Lol.
Made the 2nd light bar build go really fast as well. Was using 14 gauge wire for the leads to avoid any potential voltage loss from my length of them.
14 gauge wire is rated to 15 amps!

Erick31876

Solo cup champion 2019
View attachment 4106
Damn! You stole that for 40$

WebstersBallSack

European Bean Flicker
They're starting to get priced to where I'm looking at them more lol. Haha. Like a kid staring in the candy shop window. Lol.
They started out at $285 for the v1 260w kit which pushes nearly 280w at the wall.
But they were so popular they went up a chunk.

Just spent half of yesterday chopping these down. (pics two week old)

IMG_0154.JPG

Should be 14oz ish,, from 260w v2 kit in 4k in a 2x4x5 with a strain I haven't grown and not particularly a high yielder and in colder than idea temps. Im not moaning but I can do better.

might be worth waiting for v3 boards to come out because they will either kick ass or at least bring prices of v2 boards down. I still have a couple of v1 kits running in 3k and they still rock.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
They started out at $285 for the v1 260w kit which pushes nearly 280w at the wall.
But they were so popular they went up a chunk.

Just spent half of yesterday chopping these down. (pics two week old)

View attachment 4148

Should be 14oz ish,, from 260w v2 kit in 4k in a 2x4x5 with a strain I haven't grown and not particularly a high yielder and in colder than idea temps. Im not moaning but I can do better.

might be worth waiting for v3 boards to come out because they will either kick ass or at least bring prices of v2 boards down. I still have a couple of v1 kits running in 3k and they still rock.
I love my 2 260 watt diy kits. Mine pull 288 watts each from the wall. Buds are dense as hell. Can't squeeze them they are so dense. Love em