QB132 V2 Quantum Boards × 1 V2 3000K

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
I wanted to replace my v2 boards with the RSPEC boards but they are $75 a piece. I would need 4 so I went to rapidled and just built a supplemental system for $100. Works great.
But as far as the plug and play option goes what’s your opinion on the light? So I have a 800 dollar gift card I can only use at Home Depot and thy happen to sell the 550 rspec. It seems pricey for it being only about 500 w real draw but it claims it can flower a 5x5 space

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
But as far as the plug and play option goes what’s your opinion on the light? So I have a 800 dollar gift card I can only use at Home Depot and thy happen to sell the 550 rspec. It seems pricey for it being only about 500 w real draw but it claims it can flower a 5x5 space
Oh yes it can do a 5 x 5. It is essentially the same as mine but mine puts out 576 watts due to mine are 2 separate boards on 2 drivers instead of just one driver. I've heard good reviews on that same light, can't go wrong with it, just would be cheaper if you did the diy version. Use that gift card 🤓

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
Oh yes it can do a 5 x 5. It is essentially the same as mine but mine puts out 576 watts due to mine are 2 separate boards on 2 drivers instead of just one driver. I've heard good reviews on that same light, can't go wrong with it, just would be cheaper if you did the diy version. Use that gift card 🤓
That’s why I was looking at this light I happened upon it on the hd website and was like well damn. I know its always cheaper to diy vs plug and play but I don’t have any home projects I need to complete at this time so I may go this route vs saving the card

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
What is everyone’s thoughts on the rspec 550 v2 was contemplating picking one up
Dude I could walk you through the setup. Your inclined enoufh to put it together. Shit the qb288 heatsinks mount to the board with screws.
Ya connect 3 from your outlet hot neutral ground and two from the driver to the boards + and - two board in series is cake to wire +,-,+,- two small peices of 18 gauge wire for in between a few wago connectos a ground2d plug whip and some ratchet hangers. Boom everything else comes from hlg. 2 boards and a double heatsink. Hit the option for the driver ya want. Its gonna be 100 for the driver. I think its a 2100ma-54 but they spec it out

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Dude I could walk you through the setup. Your inclined enoufh to put it together. Shit the qb288 heatsinks mount to the board with screws.
Ya connect 3 from your outlet hot neutral ground and two from the driver to the boards + and - two board in series is cake to wire +,-,+,- two small peices of 18 gauge wire for in between a few wago connectos a ground2d plug whip and some ratchet hangers. Boom everything else comes from hlg. 2 boards and a double heatsink. Hit the option for the driver ya want. Its gonna be 100 for the driver. I think its a 2100ma-54 but they spec it out
What would the total be $ ballpark? If it more than 150 cheaper I might have to build

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
Would it still be better to build it myself vs spending practically free dough on the plug and play?

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I got a 800 dollar gift card as part of a rebate so not exactly free but I mean I don’t have any projects going on atm so I was thinking of just using it on the light since Home Depot sells the rspec 550
Sorry I know that , I was just joking around. All jokes aside I am def buying one or the other to replace my 600

You might not be satisfied with it in a 5x5. I don’t have a 550, but I do have a 600 and I want more for my 4x4s. And I agree, for the watt/$ amount I thought it was high. I might go a DIY route with Ty or just do it because you have the card. I like the look/price of Timbers new daisies and thought about grabbing some for the corners and to really bling it out.

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
You might not be satisfied with it in a 5x5. I don’t have a 550, but I do have a 600 and I want more for my 4x4s. And I agree, for the watt/$ amount I thought it was high. I might go a DIY route with Ty or just do it because you have the card. I like the look/price of Timbers new daisies and thought about grabbing some for the corners and to really bling it out.
Well I would run it in a 4x4 not a 5x5 but it was just a thought might save the card and put in a new tub in spring like the old lady has been nagging for me to get done for a year 🙄.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
Well I would run it in a 4x4 not a 5x5 but it was just a thought might save the card and put in a new tub in spring like the old lady has been nagging for me to get done for a year 🙄.
DIY is the way to go. I got both of mine for under $600 a while back. And they kill my 4x4. They are even cheaper if you go with the V2 and not the RSPEC. I think one of mine is 3500k and one is 3000k. I would just go with the 3000k if I had it to do over again. Although 3500k works just fine.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
DIY is the way to go. I got both of mine for under $600 a while back. And they kill my 4x4. They are even cheaper if you go with the V2 and not the RSPEC. I think one of mine is 3500k and one is 3000k. I would just go with the 3000k if I had it to do over again. Although 3500k works just fine.
I have since added the supplimental mentioned above.

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
Thinking this is what I’ll do and save the hd card for some brownie points with the old lady a win win