Pure Sativas....Who Has Em?

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
From Energenetics I have a pack of Silverback= (Zambian Copper X Congolese)
They suggest 14 hrs of dark right from the start for these.
Most seem to be between 12 to 16 wks of flower to finish.

I received this info from Energenetics about growing some of their landrace strains.
"If you have never grown a tropical sativa, I would suggest growing it indoors because it will not finish outside in your area. Start the seeds under 12/12 light and switch to 14 dark at 4 weeks old. You can top it and trim it after it begins to flower, not before.
If you have any other questions or would like any advice, feel free to reach out".

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
What exactly does he mean by mature? With photoperiods you veg long enough to fill your grow space then flip to flower. Around 7 weeks is generally when you will start seeing signs of sex while a plant is still in veg but that doesn't mean you start start flowering sooner. Malawi comes from -13deg latitude which means that strain grew under 12.5-13 hours of sunlight max, and for 5-7 months of the year there is 12hours of daylight or less. The point of starting with 11 hours from the get go is manage their size indoor and get a decent yield in a reasonable amount of time.
The gentleman mentioned that you might as well put them under 18 six of late because they were not flower any earlier than seven days a week
What exactly does he mean by mature? With photoperiods you veg long enough to fill your grow space then flip to flower. Around 7 weeks is generally when you will start seeing signs of sex while a plant is still in veg but that doesn't mean you start start flowering sooner. Malawi comes from -13deg latitude which means that strain grew under 12.5-13 hours of sunlight max, and for 5-7 months of the year there is 12hours of daylight or less. The point of starting with 11 hours from the get go is manage their size indoor and get a decent yield in a reasonable amount of time.
he said the Malawi wouldn’t start flowering until after 7 weeks, so his logic was to veg under 18/6 and then flip. But to be honest I didn’t have too many problems with the Malawi. It was the Manipuri and Rasoli plants that just didn’t want to even come close to finishing. I had them under 11 hours or less of light. Just conversation

Joash

I recommend Ace Seeds - Golden Tiger if you're looking for a pure sativa hybrid of Thai x Malawi, the regs Seeds are f3's so they selected the phenotypes they wanted for 2 generations and narrowed it down to some tropical spice and euphoric/racey effects on most of them, all mental.

There are some phenotypes that last like 4-5 hours on a joint, really speedy euphoric effects. I made seeds using a GT male recently and plan to make f4's using my selected male and a catpiss/Thai dominant female keeper that was stable and a malawi dominant phenotype that was stable. Im about 3-4 months away from that though, private Message me if you're interested and I'll happily share some for free when they're available.
I recommend Ace Seeds - Golden Tiger if you're looking for a pure sativa hybrid of Thai x Malawi, the regs Seeds are f3's so they selected the phenotypes they wanted for 2 generations and narrowed it down to some tropical spice and euphoric/racey effects on most of them, all mental.

There are some phenotypes that last like 4-5 hours on a joint, really speedy euphoric effects. I made seeds using a GT male recently and plan to make f4's using my selected male and a catpiss/Thai dominant female keeper that was stable and a malawi dominant phenotype that was stable. Im about 3-4 months away from that though, private Message me if you're interested and I'll happily share some for free when they're available.
interested