Pure Sativas....Who Has Em?

I know there are a few growers here that have grown some pure African strains.
@TigerTanks comes to mind with some Malawi.
I love the stuff that winds me up like a spring loaded jumpin jack, trippy perma grin type shit.
As long as I achieve that, doesn't matter if it's a hybrid.
I have ran Malawi in the past. Fantastic grow and flower. Now I just want to get an assortment so when I get a full tent open I can run a few of them and let them do their thing.

Shua1991

Really Active Member
I enjoyed ace seeds offerings including their sativa landrace hybrids like malawi x Panama and Golden Tiger (thai x malawi).
They offer malawi, ethiopian, panama, honduras(colombian type) and new caledonia(similar to Hawaiian). I'm snagging about 4 packs of handuras in the next week to start growing them for smoke and breeding projects they're supposed to have old school Mexican and colombian phenotypes, lower thc but way happier effects that are like stimulants, old school type effect.

Last edited:
T
I enjoyed ace seeds offerings including their sativa landrace hybrids like malawi x Panama and Golden Tiger (thai x malawi).
They offer malawi, ethiopian, panama, honduras(colombian type) and new caledonia(similar to Hawaiian). I'm snagging about 4 packs of handuras in the next week to start growing them for smoke and breeding projects they're supposed to have old school Mexican and colombian phenotypes, lower thc but way happier effects that are like stimulants, old school type effect.
Yep, Ace is my go to right now and has been for a little bit. I just grabbed Balochistan Mastung King’s Bud Standard, Banji Haze, China Yunna Standard, Panama Haze, Malawi and Romulan Bx Standard. I already have been sitting on their OldTimer's Haze for a bit too.

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
I know there are a few growers here that have grown some pure African strains.
@TigerTanks comes to mind with some Malawi.
I love the stuff that winds me up like a spring loaded jumpin jack, trippy perma grin type shit.
As long as I achieve that, doesn't matter if it's a hybrid.
I grew out Malawi Gold from 2 different sources. They grew quite different.The first batch were feminized from Seedfair and they grew like a hybrid but slightly bigger and I harvested at 15 weeks... extremely pleasant talkative buzz with nice yields and bag appeal. The second batch from the real seed company were REGS. They went 20 weeks and probably could have went another 3-5 weeks. Propagation on the regs was poor but he sent me replacement seeds. The buzz coming from the Real seed company plants is ALOT to handle! No body buzz.... all in the head. The plant stacked really well for me , colas were between 18-22” long but quite airy. I harvested at 20 because I was having issues with some other plants and it all had to come down.

Shua1991

Really Active Member
I grew out Malawi Gold from 2 different sources. They grew quite different.The first batch were feminized from Seedfair and they grew like a hybrid but slightly bigger and I harvested at 15 weeks... extremely pleasant talkative buzz with nice yields and bag appeal. The second batch from the real seed company were REGS. They went 20 weeks and probably could have went another 3-5 weeks. Propagation on the regs was poor but he sent me replacement seeds. The buzz coming from the Real seed company plants is ALOT to handle! No body buzz.... all in the head. The plant stacked really well for me , colas were between 18-22” long but quite airy. I harvested at 20 because I was having issues with some other plants and it all had to come down.
Similar to Ace Seeds malawi 3 ft long colas extending down the stems, lots of stretch, long lasting 3+ hours of effect all in the head. Mango and spice smells and flavor. 14-16 week flower time under 11/13 lighting schedule, similar to Golden Tiger.

Shua1991

Really Active Member
I recommend Ace Seeds - Golden Tiger if you're looking for a pure sativa hybrid of Thai x Malawi, the regs Seeds are f3's so they selected the phenotypes they wanted for 2 generations and narrowed it down to some tropical spice and euphoric/racey effects on most of them, all mental.

There are some phenotypes that last like 4-5 hours on a joint, really speedy euphoric effects. I made seeds using a GT male recently and plan to make f4's using my selected male and a catpiss/Thai dominant female keeper that was stable and a malawi dominant phenotype that was stable. Im about 3-4 months away from that though, private Message me if you're interested and I'll happily share some for free when they're available.

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
Similar to Ace Seeds malawi 3 ft long colas extending down the stems, lots of stretch, long lasting 3+ hours of effect all in the head. Mango and spice smells and flavor. 14-16 week flower time under 11/13 lighting schedule, similar to Golden Tiger.
yes the buzz lasts for hours and so does Manipuri. The feminized seeds I grew out were from the Afropips line, like Ace seeds is also I think

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
I recommend Ace Seeds - Golden Tiger if you're looking for a pure sativa hybrid of Thai x Malawi, the regs Seeds are f3's so they selected the phenotypes they wanted for 2 generations and narrowed it down to some tropical spice and euphoric/racey effects on most of them, all mental.

There are some phenotypes that last like 4-5 hours on a joint, really speedy euphoric effects. I made seeds using a GT male recently and plan to make f4's using my selected male and a catpiss/Thai dominant female keeper that was stable and a malawi dominant phenotype that was stable. Im about 3-4 months away from that though, private Message me if you're interested and I'll happily share some for free when they're available.
What was your flowering time on the Golden Tiger?

Shua1991

Really Active Member
I’m going to order a pack, if it finishes in less than 16 weeks and has a buzz like the Manipuri and yields something decent and looks tasty too ?! I’m in. Because the buzz is completely sativa, I really like it.
Good luck, lots of hybrid vigor in GT and pathogen/pest resistance.

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
I follow a thread on another forum and it is about landrace sativas. In that forum you see a lot of people grow out these landraces and are stoked during veg stage. Only to expect that same growth during flower but a lot of times it isn’t there. You can tell because the people stop replying with pics. Just an observation..... could be wrong

PuffTheMagic

Super Active Member
I follow a thread on another forum and it is about landrace sativas. In that forum you see a lot of people grow out these landraces and are stoked during veg stage. Only to expect that same growth during flower but a lot of times it isn’t there. You can tell because the people stop replying with pics. Just an observation..... could be wrong
The landrace sativas need to be started under 11/13 lighting from the second they are planted and they never stop stretching, a SCROG is mandatory indoors and the only way to get a decent harvest.

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
I had
The landrace sativas need to be started under 11/13 lighting from the second they are planted and they never stop stretching, a SCROG is mandatory indoors and the only way to get a decent harvest.
I had watched a podcast talking about Malawi gold
The gentleman said that you needed to let it be in vegetative state for at least seven weeks so that it would mature? I did that on two different harvests

PuffTheMagic

Super Active Member
I had

I had watched a podcast talking about Malawi gold
The gentleman said that you needed to let it be in vegetative state for at least seven weeks so that it would mature? I did that on two different harvests
What exactly does he mean by mature? With photoperiods you veg long enough to fill your grow space then flip to flower. Around 7 weeks is generally when you will start seeing signs of sex while a plant is still in veg but that doesn't mean you start start flowering sooner. Malawi comes from -13deg latitude which means that strain grew under 12.5-13 hours of sunlight max, and for 5-7 months of the year there is 12hours of daylight or less. The point of starting with 11 hours from the get go is manage their size indoor and get a decent yield in a reasonable amount of time.