Pro's not so pro grow.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Can't say I've experienced that before! Was wondering how i miscalculated so badly. Lol. Guess that's the fun of growing new strains.
From what I have seen that 3-week mark is about when the puffballs are getting pronounced, and you can tell if some of the lower stuff is only gonna have a few pistils and never make a bud. That's when I do any lollipopping needed.

But they seem to stretch until the top flowers start to get their final shape which depends on how long the strain flowers. I have a few that have Jack Herrer in them and they stretched for 5-6 weeks. I have a tall closet or I would have had to supercrop them.

Those should grow out of this fine, but you won't get pretty pictures until you snip the half dead leaves. But because of where they are half a leaf is better than none so good job leaving them ;)

Streetpro09

Tester
From what I have seen that 3-week mark is about when the puffballs are getting pronounced, and you can tell if some of the lower stuff is only gonna have a few pistils and never make a bud. That's when I do any lollipopping needed.

But they seem to stretch until the top flowers start to get their final shape which depends on how long the strain flowers. I have a few that have Jack Herrer in them and they stretched for 5-6 weeks. I have a tall closet or I would have had to supercrop them.

Those should grow out of this fine, but you won't get pretty pictures until you snip the half dead leaves. But because of where they are half a leaf is better than none so good job leaving them ;)
So maybe a sativa leaner? From my experiences they're usually done around 3 but might go a little more into week 4 but are slowing down considerably. Hopefully these two are about done or they might get their necks broke to keep the canopy even.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So maybe a sativa leaner?
The leaves don't look especially thin bladed so I doubt it, but there are so many hybrids there's no telling what is in anything, and it can lean towards whatever genetics it wants I guess?

Purely anecdotal but since i started the living soil thing I rarely have an 8 or even 9 week plant. Since I am not changing feeding schedules or anything the plant just does what it wants after flip.

I think the process of "flushing" that some people do makes plants start finishing before they want to. They get the notification that they are gonna die so they start the process, ambers and all. I don't think it's the best expression of the plants usually.

I hate most "sativa" highs - nervous weed :cool: so what I have bought and grow is generally on the heavier side, more body than cerebral, and most are finishing in the 10-11 week range. They stretch until about week 5 or 6 then start chunking up. I can't really remember growing anything that stopped stretching by week 3. My regs have been sexed and girls repotted by then and almost all are in the 1'-1.5' tall range at that point. Then I get some that get 2' tall and some that get 4-5' tall and the taller ones stretch longer than the shorter ones.

So whatever "leaner" it is I wouldn't plan on harvesting it at week 8 ;)

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
So maybe a sativa leaner? From my experiences they're usually done around 3 but might go a little more into week 4 but are slowing down considerably. Hopefully these two are about done or they might get their necks broke to keep the canopy even.
i have about 4 with a broken neck, they kept trying for the top of the tent ,with the light all the way up to the rafters!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I grew clhp a bit ago. I remember having one pheno that was stretchy. Real dense nugs covered in trichs.
this is the first run i have trichs on bud leaves, so i must be getting better with blending the soil they live in !or the fpj and other ferments, helping things along.i have pineapple, apple ,beet,and banana for final ferment(flower fertz.

Last edited:

Streetpro09

Tester
Here's some ChillHaze showing fall colors.

20240403_201427.jpg
20240403_201514.jpg
20240403_201535.jpg

Well i think the writing might be on the wall for the end of this chapter. I have flower piling up with no out. Probably the only way I'll get rid of it is to just give it away. If i finish out what is already going i probably have enough personal to last 5 years +. Was fun while it lasted.

Weedkiller

Nothing but top shelf

View attachment 136749
View attachment 136750
View attachment 136752

Well i think the writing might be on the wall for the end of this chapter. I have flower piling up with no out. Probably the only way I'll get rid of it is to just give it away. If i finish out what is already going i probably have enough personal to last 5 years +. Was fun while it lasted.
Your making want to pop a few of mine those are some of the most beautiful flowers I've seen. Awesome job 💯🔥
Can't wait for a smoke report

Streetpro09

Tester
Your making want to pop a few of mine those are some of the most beautiful flowers I've seen. Awesome job 💯🔥
Can't wait for a smoke report
Thanks man. 🤘 These smell totally different than my first run of em. These are all clones from the same mother. I'm getting some sweet/fruity smells now. They'll probably get chopped tonight. Couple days ago was 8 weeks of 12/12.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone

View attachment 136749
View attachment 136750
View attachment 136752

Beautiful Tent Man!

I’m in a similar boat. It’s so easy to grow so much weed! I didn’t give enough away over the years, so now I’ve got like 3 gallons of expired bud. It’s going in a campfire this summer.

I’m taming down the number of plants I grow. This season I grew only 9 plants and I’ll have tons to share. I don’t grow during the summer, but I’ll make sure I don’t run out. LOL.

Streetpro09

Tester
Beautiful Tent Man!

I’m in a similar boat. It’s so easy to grow so much weed! I didn’t give enough away over the years, so now I’ve got like 3 gallons of expired bud. It’s going in a campfire this summer.

I’m taming down the number of plants I grow. This season I grew only 9 plants and I’ll have tons to share. I don’t grow during the summer, but I’ll make sure I don’t run out. LOL.
Yeah I'll have to tone it down for sure. I've been pulling over 1.5lbs outta these 5x5s each run. Maybe only run one room a year. 🤣 The legality sure ruined this state. Seams people would rather go to the store and spend their money on fancy packaging and whatnot. 🤷‍♂️

Big Terps

Growing on a dime