Pro-Mix

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Getting the "claw" with color loss in the middle of the leaf fingers. Death within weeks if not flushed. It's happening AFTER I start using the Bloom nutes. I don't use any Bloom nutes until 2 weeks after flip. Just the Dyna-Gro "Grow" and "Foliage Pro". I think after I add the Bloom it makes it worse.

I decided to get a good runoff each watering now. I have not been doing that and I think that may be the cause of the acid problem in the bottom of my pots. I went out and bought trays for each flower tent and can easily overwater them now to get a good runoff. Suck it up nice with a shop vac. So easy.

I used to feed them until they were heavy but I never got runoff. I hope this fixes it.
Here’s hoping! I had that happen a couple of time, even watering till run off. We’ll figure it out!

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Getting the "claw" with color loss in the middle of the leaf fingers. Death within weeks if not flushed. It's happening AFTER I start using the Bloom nutes. I don't use any Bloom nutes until 2 weeks after flip. Just the Dyna-Gro "Grow" and "Foliage Pro". I think after I add the Bloom it makes it worse.

I decided to get a good runoff each watering now. I have not been doing that and I think that may be the cause of the acid problem in the bottom of my pots. I went out and bought trays for each flower tent and can easily overwater them now to get a good runoff. Suck it up nice with a shop vac. So easy.

I used to feed them until they were heavy but I never got runoff. I hope this fixes it.
Are you fertilizing at 100% of bottle recommendations?

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I was thinking about rocks on the bottom but I'm going to try the runoff method first. I never tried it before and I think acid/salt gathered up on the bottom of my pots where the roots are thickest. I don't think the peat moss in the Pro-mix helps much either.
Check the PH of your run off. Is this the 1st run or is this reused mix? You have to add lime to compensate the pro mix breakdown of its original ph numbers. Did you kill the bacteria and microbes? Have you sprayed the plants with anything that could possibly lower the ph too much?
It's prolly got some "clogged" arteries. I'll get that if I don't water enough.

The ph was in the 4 plus area. I only use the drops to check the color. The leaf damage has slowed to a crawl. It's much worse on the ADUB. She hates the acid.

St1r, I use my own mix. I use 5 ml each of Protekt, Grow and Foliage Pro per gallon. Comes out to about 800 to 850 ppm. It only needs a tsp of PH up to bring it to 7.5.

I like going a little higher PH now due to the acid problem. This way the bottom roots don't have to sit in the acid for long periods of time.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
The ph was in the 4 plus area. I only use the drops to check the color. The leaf damage has slowed to a crawl. It's much worse on the ADUB. She hates the acid.

St1r, I use my own mix. I use 5 ml each of Protekt, Grow and Foliage Pro per gallon. Comes out to about 800 to 850 ppm. It only needs a tsp of PH up to bring it to 7.5.

I like going a little higher PH now due to the acid problem. This way the bottom roots don't have to sit in the acid for long periods of time.
I’m experimenting with higher pH’s now too. Too early to determine results.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Ive been using 1 time used Promix from a potato farm. They grow tissue cultured stock in it. First round of 1/2" tubers. They can only use it once due to restrictions. Tubers have to be virus fungus free.
Anyhow im just finishing a flower run in it. Ive been PHing to 5.8-6.3 ish the whole run. I use mega 2 part. I watch my runoff if things look off. I was feeding at the recommended max around 700. I checked runoff on a cookies and cream she was looking a little burnt. Was over 2000. Didn't even look that bad Just some burn on the very edges of the leafs. no clawing. So I have cut back this round feeding 400-500 with about 10-20% runoff. my runoff is more like 700-800 now and 6ph. I let them get dry but not wilting dry.
Some say checking runoff is useless but I find it tells you if the plant is taking what your feeding or not. 30% runoff seen to be wasteful to me. I may be PHing to low seems to be working though.

I've been doing runoff every watering now and they are responding well. The ADUB leaves actually went back into the praying position after the last feed @ 7 weeks. I was amazed.

I think my high acid runoff is in the peat and it all collects at the bottom of the pot. This is my theory anyway.

4 weeks in a 1 gallon pot with NO runoff, then transplanted into a 2 gallon pot with NO runoff for another 2 weeks until the roots fill in. I think this is when the acidity problem starts to get bad. The reason I say this is because by 4 weeks in flower the ADUB leaves start showing the first problems. Then a week later the other plants start showing the same problem. This is an ADUB leaf @ 7 weeks:

DSCN0669.JPG

This leaf has not gotten any worse since week 5 when I started doing the runoff. Still healthy and doing it's job 2 weeks after it went bad. So doing the runoff actually helped the plants and got them to the finish.

So what's the real problem? It affects all plants in flower. The runoff is helping. Is it the peat in the Promix? What is the real cause of this problem if it's not the peat? Really can't be the food. I use Protekt, Foliage Pro and Grow during veg with R/O water. I use the same mix in flower for the first 2 weeks. I stopped using any Bloom nutes since this problem popped up because I noticed it makes it worse. Which brings me back to the acidity problem.

Whatever it is I seem to have fixed it with the runoff. I bought a bunch of these TRAYS and cut off the corners so they could fit in my tents. I put them on a slight rise and suck out all the water with a shop vac. Real easy stuff.

Anyone else think it's an acid problem?

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I've been doing runoff every watering now and they are responding well. The ADUB leaves actually went back into the praying position after the last feed @ 7 weeks. I was amazed.

I think my high acid runoff is in the peat and it all collects at the bottom of the pot. This is my theory anyway.

4 weeks in a 1 gallon pot with NO runoff, then transplanted into a 2 gallon pot with NO runoff for another 2 weeks until the roots fill in. I think this is when the acidity problem starts to get bad. The reason I say this is because by 4 weeks in flower the ADUB leaves start showing the first problems. Then a week later the other plants start showing the same problem. This is an ADUB leaf @ 7 weeks:

View attachment 82701

This leaf has not gotten any worse since week 5 when I started doing the runoff. Still healthy and doing it's job 2 weeks after it went bad. So doing the runoff actually helped the plants and got them to the finish.

So what's the real problem? It affects all plants in flower. The runoff is helping. Is it the peat in the Promix? What is the real cause of this problem if it's not the peat? Really can't be the food. I use Protekt, Foliage Pro and Grow during veg with R/O water. I use the same mix in flower for the first 2 weeks. I stopped using any Bloom nutes since this problem popped up because I noticed it makes it worse. Which brings me back to the acidity problem.

Whatever it is I seem to have fixed it with the runoff. I bought a bunch of these TRAYS and cut off the corners so they could fit in my tents. I put them on a slight rise and suck out all the water with a shop vac. Real easy stuff.

A couple of my plants had that happen to their leaves WITH runoff. Flushed them and they went back to normal.

I believe it is an acid problem because the acid in the pH down accumulates over time. I believe H confirmed this somewhere.

Anyway, I won’t be pH’ing anymore in ProMix, unless something goes wrong in the near future.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk

View attachment 82701

If you have a garden sprayer, you could spray the bottoms with the nozzle to flush the accumulation of acids out.

I never use PH down. My R/O is almost a perfect 7. The Protekt brings it up. Then the Grow and Foliage Pro knock it back down. I always need about a teaspoon of PH up in 3 gallons of mix to get it back over 7.