Power Company Issue

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
yea, I don't have the worry, just what I heard people say. If they want ya, they gonna get ya. 9 times out of 10, its never from elec use first, its from someone's mouth, lol. Or the UPS guy, lol
Yes, and the actual meter guy being a dick or a criminal is probably the biggest worry. Just remember
strapped.jpg

Punisher84

Just some asshole
The thing is, it's not even power consumption that's a giveaway unless you are running a grow-house. It's the consistent (timer) usage of power on a daily basis.
My fucking power goes out every other day it seems. So no power the timer stops and the light cycle changes. My timers have moved 2 hours since daylight savings. Power company is keeping me random haha

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My fucking power goes out every other day it seems. So no power the timer stops and the light cycle changes. My timers have moved 2 hours since daylight savings. Power company is keeping me random haha
At least you don't have the Kalifornistan "fire" blackouts. I'm surprised not to hear about someone getting hit with that on the forums. I mean, even Flint had electricity :)

GCG

Dinosaur
Only way it would have been an issue for me is if power company gave a shit. Design flaw with exhaust dumping out next to meter.
As far as what cops can and can't or will and will not do well that's an open question. Hydro store near where I grew up in the 80's and 90's was more than watched. News crews outed the sheriff for installing a camera on utility pole across the street. Recorded plate numbers and went knocking on doors. Sheriff held presser saying fuck off, if you're not doing anything wrong then why worry?
Public outrage eventually got camera taken down but several arrests later. That was when I had my first grow going and had gotten all my shit from that store. Also first time I bailed on a crop.

Vee

Ancient Member
I dated a meter girl one time and was blown away how she said how the cops 'hit' on her for 'inside' info
..as they sent in their youngest sexiest cop to hit on these meter girls
a typical reward! was -is $20-$30 for a bust ..but very rare it was used
better for the cops to work on the informers

So I always made sure I had obvious 'heavy' use stuff lying around ..lol

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I dated a meter girl one time and was blown away how she said how the cops 'hit' on her for 'inside' info
..as they sent in their youngest sexiest cop to hit on these meter girls
a typical reward! was -is $20-$30 for a bust ..but very rare it was used
better for the cops to work on the informers

So I always made sure I had obvious 'heavy' use stuff lying around ..lol
So what are your thoughts one the amount of the electric bill per month that would raise eye brows? 500? 1000?

Vee

Ancient Member
So what are your thoughts one the amount of the electric bill per month that would raise eye brows? 500? 1000?
I'm not in nth america..so am not aware of the rates

but I do bitch and moan at my non toking buddies about the elec use

as a rough guess about $us50.00? per month I'm in the countryside

Last edited:

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
I'm not in nth america..so am not aware of the rates

but I do bitch and moan at my non toking buddies about the elec use

as a rough guess about $us50.00? per month I'm in the countryside

God damn shit is cheap over there $2 and some change for a pack of smoke. I see milk is costly though no wonder y’all like your vodka so much lmao

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
It's all bullshit anyway... even if a cop or utility co. knows you're growing that SHOULDN'T mean shit! You could be growing lettuce and tomatoes for all they know, and it's not their fucking business! Unfortunately the world doesn't work like that...

Hell, I could be breeding skunks AND growing lettuce for all they know🤣😂

Punisher84

Just some asshole
TBH the amount probably doesn’t matter. Here I heat with propane. Last house was nat gas. Not growing my bill is $175ish. A friend up the road, doesn’t grow, total electric, heats house and a separate garage. Nothing for him to get $700-900 bills when hot or cold out.. Know many people over a grand a month.

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
TBH the amount probably doesn’t matter. Here I heat with propane. Last house was nat gas. Not growing my bill is $175ish. A friend up the road, doesn’t grow, total electric, heats house and a separate garage. Nothing for him to get $700-900 bills when hot or cold out.. Know many people over a grand a month.
This exactly I have lived in places with electric everything and my saltwater tanks that are always with me and my power bill would easily be 800-1100 a month depending on how warm we made the house but a gas bill would be like 8 bucks (hot water heater). And then places I’ve lived with all gas and my bill would be 100 a month without the grow 180 with the grow and that’s with 2000w of everything a 1k a 600 and all the misc parts fans exhaust etc

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Thanks that is what i was kinda thinking as well. Looking at some of these numbers i will no longer complain if mine breaks 400 usd. LOL

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Thanks that is what i was kinda thinking as well. Looking at some of these numbers i will no longer complain if mine breaks 400 usd. LOL
One neighbor is a real bad drunk. He has a 20kw electric heater in his uninsulated garage. Turn it up when he would go out there to drink. He took off to vacation for a month in January one year. Forgot and left that heater on, during some cold fuckin weather. I don’t remember what he said his bill was but it was north of $10k.

He never got a call or a letter from the power company. Normal bill is $500 I think for him.

Certainly no one monitoring the usage, ha!

Owns aerospace company. Sure it was a write off 🙄