Power Company Issue

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
Wasnt sure how to title this thread but here it is.
Had a power company worker replace the meter on my grow space today. Exhaust is noticable from meter box and constant. If worker got a wiff are they obligated to call it in? Freaking out a little. I wasnt there so dont know what to think.
Depends on if the worker is a cunt , they are only obligated to do the fucking electrical work , they aren't law enforcement. If the guy is one of those woke fuckers then maybe , Normal trades people just want to get their work done and get home or to the pub.

Amos Otis

Brisco's Bargain Beans
I doubt the power company cares how you use their electricity as long as you pay the bill. The worry, imo, would be who the worker's friends, family, associates are.
"Heard it from a friend who....heard it from a friend who...heard it from another that you're growing some weed". [ apologies REO Speedwagon ]

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Had a power company worker replace the meter on my grow space today. Exhaust is noticable from meter box and constant. If worker got a wiff are they obligated to call it in? Freaking out a little. I wasnt there so dont know what to think.
I am assuming you are in a state that does not allow growing at all ? I am the type to be a little nervous over something like that happening. Not long ago i had a issue outside of my house smelling pretty bad . I had to up my filter size to try and help. Are you running your exhaust thru a carbon filter?

GCG

Dinosaur
Yes, I'm in a no grow state. Building is totally isolated, no neighbors within 100's of yards. Small area, 3x4ish in a big building so power consumption doesn't stand out. Only have 1 girl in flower now. 3 weeks left. Other 15 are all in various states of veg. Not sure what to do. At minimum I need to move my seed collection somewhere. Smart play is cull them all and lay low for a while kust in case. Keep only 2 or 3, so if anything bad happens its potentially fightable? Hard to even think about killing healthy plants, fuck!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Yes, I'm in a no grow state. Building is totally isolated, no neighbors within 100's of yards. Small area, 3x4ish in a big building so power consumption doesn't stand out. Only have 1 girl in flower now. 3 weeks left. Other 15 are all in various states of veg. Not sure what to do. At minimum I need to move my seed collection somewhere. Smart play is cull them all and lay low for a while kust in case. Keep only 2 or 3, so if anything bad happens its potentially fightable? Hard to even think about killing healthy plants, fuck!
Hang out next time they're due to check the meters, see if it looks like a burner :)

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I'd be more worried about it getting ripped off from him and his friends if he is "that" kinda guy. Talks, talks, talks. Just sayin'.
Lucky you don't grow true "Skunk". You can smell that shit "upwind" lmao!

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Do you have medical in your state.?

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Yes, medical and have card. Usually would make sure to be seen smoking and make sure they know its medical. Mask plant smells with smoke but bastard snuck in on me this time.
Okay all things considered i think you are on the right track. Just keep it low key for a while like you are growing for yourself. A few months down the road and let her rip. Then thank your lucky stars nothing happened. Then take that possibility out of the future by setting up a good charcoal filter. Also remember if you are pulling the air thru the filter and then exhausting that air outside a single pass rating would apply.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Yes, medical and have card. Usually would make sure to be seen smoking and make sure they know its medical. Mask plant smells with smoke but bastard snuck in on me this time.
Wait... dude... you're legal, and you give a rats ass what someone thinks? I would grow some of the "non-paranoid" strains LOL. If you are legal I would cancel my previous remark, as it might negate that legal status.

GCG

Dinosaur
Low key is my MO. All personal, have never sold anything in almost 30 years. Give some to my boys every now and then but thats it. This is the most Ive had going in years too, figures. Going to get rid of brand new LVTK OG and Jelly Pie, Fire OG, Dyno Berry Bites and one each of the Topanga Canyon, Topanga Wedding, Shoreline Sour Diesel and Rogue OG. Will get down to the Wedding Pie in flower and 4 others. Need to bail from the bean competition too since those make the kill list. Hope I don't regret not just killing them all.

GCG

Dinosaur
New information has changed things a bit. Spoke with my wife and power company changed meter on building 2 months ago. WTF! Not taking any chances, I've got way too much to lose.
Everything is gone except the Wedding Pie. Going to roll the dice for 3 weeks on that one.
Probably over reacting but will lose too much if anything goes south. A 6 month setback and loss of a few seeds that I have multiple packs of is better than the potential alternative. One plant,.... I can deal with that.
Maybe I'll go hydro and grow veggies for 6 months.
May also be time to really ramp up the seed collecting. Need to feel proactive somehow.
I know Im an old pussy but again, just way too much to lose.
1119192134.jpg

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
New information has changed things a bit. Spoke with my wife and power company changed meter on building 2 months ago. WTF! Not taking any chances, I've got way too much to lose.
Everything is gone except the Wedding Pie. Going to roll the dice for 3 weeks on that one.
Probably over reacting but will lose too much if anything goes south. A 6 month setback and loss of a few seeds that I have multiple packs of is better than the potential alternative. One plant,.... I can deal with that.
May also be time to really ramp up the seed collecting. Need to feel proactive somehow.
View attachment 31047
This sucks. I feel for ya man. Better safe than sorry - you will live (free) to grow another day.

Opie1

Master Grower
View attachment 31047
Been through similar experience, more than once, it sucks to have to destroy beautiful plants, but if your freedom gets taken, well, you know how it’d end. I feel for ya brother, you’ll be back on top again before long!