Post a pic

641CF605-127C-42DC-BBFC-BCCACA36BCDD.jpeg
This is the Wonder Boom tree 5min from my house here in Pretoria South Africa,it’s a 1000 year old Fig tree that grew so much,its
branches ended up going into the ground and cloning themselves,there’s now 7 daughter trees remaining in this nature reserve,the site used to be a burial ground for the native Ndebele tribe.

And I hit some nice Blueberry Sunset joint over there!Nice experience 🙏🏾

D

Deleted member 60

How cool!
Are those Rio Grands?
If those were on my property today there would be fresh bird on the table!
Law be damned!!
CO turkeys are "Merriam" turkeys. We used to see them almost daily in the yard...up to 30 birds of all ages....but then we got the big pup...and the turkeys and deer have since stayed out of the general area around the house. I do see tracks/scat on my walks around the place with the dog though.
If you had the proper tag you could shoot one in your yard here legally...but here in the 'hood folks enjoy having em around too much to shoot em.
If you do shoot at em...you best hit one...cus then they won't ever come back. They remember who fucks with em...just like the neighbors do...Heehee.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
CO turkeys are "Merriam" turkeys. We used to see them almost daily in the yard...up to 30 birds of all ages....but then we got the big pup...and the turkeys and deer have since stayed out of the general area around the house. I do see tracks/scat on my walks around the place with the dog though.
If you had the proper tag you could shoot one in your yard here legally...but here in the 'hood folks enjoy having em around too much to shoot em.
If you do shoot at em...you best hit one...cus then they won't ever come back. They remember who fucks with em...just like the neighbors do...Heehee.
man for me ,it get a tag cock the crossbow shoot at where the wings hinge on the body ,saves a lot of meat in the breast area , i love jerked turkey ,no shotgun pellets to deal with!i have three young bucks that are in love with the pine trees at the edge of the yard tear small limbs off the bigger branches then paw a spot bare and mark it . i'll let them play around till it cools off a little more then it's ambush time from the dump truck bed ,when the big boy shows the rag tops vanish.

Last edited:

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
View attachment 132606
This is the Wonder Boom tree 5min from my house here in Pretoria South Africa,it’s a 1000 year old Fig tree that grew so much,its
branches ended up going into the ground and cloning themselves,there’s now 7 daughter trees remaining in this nature reserve,the site used to be a burial ground for the native Ndebele tribe.

And I hit some nice Blueberry Sunset joint over there!Nice experience 🙏🏾
cool,I never knew they would that !

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Had to take Max across the river to petco to get him trimmed up yesterday.
View attachment 132596
He's going "let me the fuck out"

While waiting, thought I'd throw a crab trap out into the Columbia and catch me a Dungy!
View attachment 132597
Looking to the Washington side...about 4 miles across here.
By the time I made it there the tide had already turned and was flowing to hard to keep a trap in place for long.

Did manage one beat up legal male though...
Gonna make a crab melt for breakfast!!
View attachment 132602

Far left in the distance is Cape Disappointment....the mouth of the big C.
View attachment 132599
Beautiful day, got the place to myself!
Well except for the seagulls waiting for me to drop some crab bait.
Lot of jellyfish remains up on the beach today.

Got big 10' tide swings currently.
The Columbia river is big and strong, yet there are tidal effects to PDX 80 miles up stream!
Love this place!!
View attachment 132601View attachment 132600View attachment 132598
Life is good!
crab and fish too ,that would be neat ,and let the pup get about!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
peeps on both side of me feed corn all i could was add a mineral block ,they are getting more spookie the past few weeks they will be wild come the full moon , and again right at christmas by then most everybody is done wore out hunting then i get to hunt the barn yard ,main crossing area ,dressed heavy i look like a big limb , that fell from the tree ive had two 1 hand kill shots@10 ft. under that old oak, over the past 30 years!

D

Deleted member 60

We have lotsa critters here. Being creek side in a high desert environment means we have tall native grasses...my yard...and other areas that stay green all Summer. (Riparian Zone) This brings the critters in....as does the stream itself. We have to fence the deer out from anything we wanna save long term/the gardens/etc.

All of these were taken within 100 ft of the house. The bears were out by the hoop where I grow my Summer ganja...though not together/ a year or so apart. I only shoot stuff with the camera.
21768543_991042184371299_6176177579114301479_o.jpg
64638306_1457025441106302_5288016262285230080_n.jpg
This was on the game camera...right behind the hoop. 3 AM.
21994365_990681641074020_2947409651165581398_o.jpg

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
We have lotsa critters here. Being creek side in a high desert environment means we have tall native grasses...my yard...and other areas that stay green all Summer. (Riparian Zone) This brings the critters in....as does the stream itself. We have to fence the deer out from anything we wanna save long term/the gardens/etc.

All of these were taken within 100 ft of the house. The bears were out by the hoop where I grow my Summer ganja...though not together/ a year or so apart. I only shoot stuff with the camera.
View attachment 132624
View attachment 132625
View attachment 132626
you are not traping the cats,bear/beaver skin coat would be warm i would be wild.local shooting range is starting to have a small problem ( dams blocking drains on both sides of the place to the river) with them as soon as pups hit think i can get a few hides when it gets cold .

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member

View attachment 132624
View attachment 132625
View attachment 132626
cat looks to be moving on, head and tail down

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member

View attachment 132624
View attachment 132625
View attachment 132626
Blue berries, ,Apple trees,Peaches,and the Fig tree, have trellas set up for Kiwi vines, all has to be fenced.

Last edited:

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member

View attachment 132624
View attachment 132625
View attachment 132626
That young bear is taking notes for later!

D

Deleted member 2835

you are not traping the cats,bear/beaver skin coat would be warm i would be wild.local shooting range is starting to have a small problem ( dams blocking drains on both sides of the place to the river) with them as soon as pups hit think i can get a few hides when it gets cold .
Speaking of beaver the biggest beaver I ever saw was shot out of a flooded field in North Dakota. Must've been a 100lbs it covered the hood of a pick up.

D

Deleted member 60

That young bear is taking notes for later!
Sadly...I'm fairly sure it fell prey to a guy up above us on another road who caught him/her shaking his pissy little apple tree. Blasted it on the spot. Not hurting anyone...and not a legal kill here. Put the entire town up in arms. Some said "No harm, no foul/etc."....others...like my ex-Game warden/Wildlife neighbor with the skid steer had to be held back from alleviating the clown of his apple tree. Ended up with a $1500 fine...and fame in the 'hood.

More recently a guy caught a mom and her 2 cubs fuckin with his chickens in the middle of the night. Fucker shot em all. Then posed for pics with the heads he cut off/feet he cut off/etc.....and then tried to hide the carcasses... It's a fairly recent story...he hasn't been to court yet...but he stacked up some good charges....and again...like the other clown boy...is on the shit list here. For sure he'll get fined (up to 13K I think)...lose his guns/hunting privileges....and probably more...but it still isn't enough, IMO. Hopefully he will at least get all they can give him....

Streetpro09

Tester
Sadly...I'm fairly sure it fell prey to a guy up above us on another road who caught him/her shaking his pissy little apple tree. Blasted it on the spot. Not hurting anyone...and not a legal kill here. Put the entire town up in arms. Some said "No harm, no foul/etc."....others...like my ex-Game warden/Wildlife neighbor with the skid steer had to be held back from alleviating the clown of his apple tree. Ended up with a $1500 fine...and fame in the 'hood.

More recently a guy caught a mom and her 2 cubs fuckin with his chickens in the middle of the night. Fucker shot em all. Then posed for pics with the heads he cut off/feet he cut off/etc.....and then tried to hide the carcasses... It's a fairly recent story...he hasn't been to court yet...but he stacked up some good charges....and again...like the other clown boy...is on the shit list here. For sure he'll get fined (up to 13K I think)...lose his guns/hunting privileges....and probably more...but it still isn't enough, IMO. Hopefully he will at least get all they can give him....
Could've bought a couple new chickens at that price. If 13k, he should've just bought from the store in the first place!