Platinum Lemon Cherry Gelato Contest Shit Talk & Banter

Weedkiller

Nothing but top shelf
I use a little neem powder, along with some crustacean meal and black soldier fly frass to my soil when I ammend it for the bug-fighting effects in them but I use very little - maybe a tsp for 5g of soil. It is pretty offensive and when I run out of what I have i'll be trying a time without before I buy more.

When I was doing bottled nutes in "clean" soil attempting to keep all bugs out I used a little more and I think it has a flavor that transfers to the smoke. Could be because I was adding it during the grow, or it could be because it was liquid being fed intraveinously to the plant like all my other nutes were.

Short version is that I think it is a better deterrent than it is a pesticide. How were you planning on using it? Soil drench or foliar?
I'm picking your brains to figure it out, I've never bought packaged coco I always bought bricks, I believe they may have came that way. I was thinking spray but I believed it would kill them and stop this

Tvanmunhen

Just some dude
Will this do? I know I can look it up i just value yaws opinions, then I'll leave it alone
I would clean and vacuum tents and room. Pluck off infected leaves that are covered in bugs. If you can take it into the shower or something spray it down give it a good shake.

In the past in late flower I used environmental to keep it under control. Thrips are temperature sensitive and do not like movement and wind. Perhaps look in the nematodes or a root drench of some sort. Good luck!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If I had thrips I would look into a biological control - good bugs. there's sachet's you can buy of different predators, and if you are not in living soil they should die off after they run out of food-bugs. Not sure what species you would need but that would be my avenue of attack.

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
If I had thrips I would look into a biological control - good bugs. there's sachet's you can buy of different predators, and if you are not in living soil they should die off after they run out of food-bugs. Not sure what species you would need but that would be my avenue of attack.
I totally agree!

I used to buy predatory mites when I had my GH, these were targeted for the 2 spotted spider mite.
2 wks after the introduction couldn't find any mites....none no trace!

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
Like stated above already.
Blasting them with cold water first to reduce numbers with a sprayer like below
Screenshot_20231207_133906_Chrome.jpg
And then a full spray down of neem oil solution right after and a couple days later. Clean up the room with simple green and bleach water mist.

It worked on spider mites I had a couple years ago on some overwintering revegging outdoor clones. Never dealt with thrips but that's where I'd start.

I agree, with the way neem smells I'd only use it in veg or right at flip

Kushash

Insanely Active Member
Thought I'd throw in 2c.
I've beat thrips a few times. I had success with neem oil in veg. Some growers don't like using neem complaining of an oily residue on the leaves. IMO this is from mixing to much per gallon of water. With a mix just strong enough to kill the larvae there is almost no residue. I only use it in veg. The entire plant each leaf especially the underside of each leaf must be sprayed using a pump sprayer. The earlier in veg this is done the easier it is with less leaves. It must be repeated after 7 or 8 days. You have two enemies. The adult flies laying eggs and the larvae most often found under the leaves. Use blue sticky traps for the flies. For the larvae there are many choices as mentioned above. If Spinosad hasn't been mentioned it is also something to consider in veg. Don't know about flower.
This is from Texas A & M.
Spinosad: An insecticide to make organic gardeners smile (tamu.edu)

This is your enemy.
5 thrips.jpg

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Maybe separate the infected unless you suspect the whole grow is infected.
Turn all your fans off before fucking with them.
I'd remove as many of the infected leaves as possible.
Now you can see where the hot spots are.
As far as treatment, that depends on what you're seeing after the removal of infected parts.
Maybe spray with Dawn water mix, raise the alkalinity of the water to 9,10 or so.(?)
Create an undesirable environment pests can't tolerate.
Help with pm issues too.

D

Deleted member 60

I've never used it...(but I might because I have a few of the pesky buggers in my dome GH)....but @Heisen said not long ago that Spinosad works the best for him. Not sure about using it in flower/etc. though.

Weedkiller

Nothing but top shelf
Thought I'd throw in 2c.
I've beat thrips a few times. I had success with neem oil in veg. Some growers don't like using neem complaining of an oily residue on the leaves. IMO this is from mixing to much per gallon of water. With a mix just strong enough to kill the larvae there is almost no residue. I only use it in veg. The entire plant each leaf especially the underside of each leaf must be sprayed using a pump sprayer. The earlier in veg this is done the easier it is with less leaves. It must be repeated after 7 or 8 days. You have two enemies. The adult flies laying eggs and the larvae most often found under the leaves. Use blue sticky traps for the flies. For the larvae there are many choices as mentioned above. If Spinosad hasn't been mentioned it is also something to consider in veg. Don't know about flower.
This is from Texas A & M.
Spinosad: An insecticide to make organic gardeners smile (tamu.edu)

This is your enemy.
View attachment 133032
Yes, so far I've taken out the big fans and I'm putting them in a light shower , cool water I think you said and lightly spray with neem

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Yes, so far I've taken out the big fans and I'm putting them in a light shower , cool water I think you said and lightly spray with neem
Sorry you're having these issues, sucks to have any issues, but unfortunately, sometimes, we do.
Thank you for posting and showing the problems.
most would never show a sick plant or try and hide the issue in pics, thinking no one's the wiser.
This is how we all learn, the correct way.

Weedkiller

Nothing but top shelf
Sorry you're having these issues, sucks to have any issues, but unfortunately, sometimes, we do.
Thank you for posting and showing the problems.
most would never show a sick plant or try and hide the issue in pics, thinking no one's the wiser.
This is how we all learn, the correct way.
It really was embarrassing lol, I'm happy to have all the help.