Platinum Lemon Cherry Gelato Contest Shit Talk & Banter

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
When I was in Or having my weed tested, was talking to one of the techs about the fails.
He mentioned that Spinosad was the biggest percentage of the failures.
From what I understand testing is a hindrance to organic growing because it can't recognie good/safe biology from bad/unsafe. They put it in a petri dish and if it grows it fails.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That's why I was asking about the mulch. Maybe having a thick enough layer can create that buffer to keep things above and below in check because of the layer.
I think a cover crop would do that better than mulch. As the grow progresses the mulch rots and could be an attractant to the gnats and such. If nothing else the cover crop can act like banker plants or trap plants to keep the bugs off your weed.

But, once you are to the point of having the mulch, and cover crop, and biology, the chance of needing to worry about it drops significantly.

I think the best basic practice is to wash yer nasty ass before getting in the tents. I'll strip out of the outer layer by the door if I've been either gardening outside or walking in the woods. What the shower doesn't kill the washing machine does.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Not gonna lie I'm guilty of checking my plants after cutting the grass all day knowing damn well of the repercussions.
All it takes is a good bong-rip once you get back inside to remind you why you want top notch weed without preventable issues. It's also where the weed falls in your list of life priorities. But all it takes is a month to make a new practice a habit.

Weedkiller

Dazed and confused
It would be cool if you could figure out the genesis. Knowing the infection vector could help people more than what fixes the plants.
I believe they rode in the bag of Coco loco or cultivation nation. The loco arrived for my contest grow, the compromised tent had C. N... Up til now I bought bricks and perlite and mixed it myself.. never lost a grow before this late in bloom

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@MisterKister Yes, Spinosad will cause a fail (I think for bacterial) because it is just put in a petri dish. If it grows it is "unsafe" - regardless of itf it is one of the billions of safe bacteria we interact with every day.

Avid, on the other hand, is unsafe as FUCK but it is not derived from a living process so it doesn't fail testing - ain't that some shit?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Failing cannabis testing means very little. It depends on what it failed for.

Spinosad is picked up the same way PM would be. It grows in a culture.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Back to the contest, I have basically 6 Chunk-a-Dunk contest plants that I'll be choosing between for a picture. My earliest three are 4 weeks today and there are three more about a week behind.

I am thinking a nice finished bud pic might be a thing to try so at least one plant will flip at the 4wk mark. After I flip the one I think I'll play with the rest and flip them irregularly so at pic time I have different stages of flower.