Platinum Lemon Cherry Gelato Contest Shit Talk & Banter

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
@MisterKister Yes, Spinosad will cause a fail (I think for bacterial) because it is just put in a petri dish. If it grows it is "unsafe" - regardless of itf it is one of the billions of safe bacteria we interact with every day.

Avid, on the other hand, is unsafe as FUCK but it is not derived from a living process so it doesn't fail testing - ain't that some shit?
Avid is in the same family as Ivermectin.
Abamectin

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
@NoWaistedSpace Avid, Eagle 20, anything that (as you put it) "kills everything" has to be suspect right?

I have heard of Avid used as a part of a program to salvage a plant so you can take a clean clone that wasn't treated - then grow that out for smoke, but I'm pretty sure you don't need to be smoking the treated plant.
I use it one time in veg, to ensure a pest free bloom cycle.

Lurch

Super Active Member
My signature block has the dates I dropped what. The first three were the funny name tag ones in the back, the righthand one being a late popper. The left one has great branching already. She may get topped, but I usually snip those seed-leaves and any of their shoots just because they will always be lower than any other canopy that forms. The second batch were all the rest. there's the lower three that are all on the same timetable, but the right one has a darker, broader-leaf look and is growing slower.

I think these will flip when the three medium size plants are big enough, and I'll just stick the two bigger plants in bigger pots.
View attachment 132888
Then the runt CaD and the Platinum Mutant. She is still a project plant but I'll eventually smoke it - so that's good. But these two obviously won't flip with the rest. The runt has that same broad-leaf look to it as the regular size one above her, so I may veg her a while and get a bigger stash in case the other one rocks.
View attachment 132889
Keep talking dirty.
Learning still.
Chronic Serious seeds single cola back in the day, nice pheno. Didn't need a filter.
A careful cure was a must.
Have Dotz that was smelling like bad pollinated by Original GG4, reckon the Dawg dad.
Platinum Ice must be desert.

Lurch

Super Active Member
My signature block has the dates I dropped what. The first three were the funny name tag ones in the back, the righthand one being a late popper. The left one has great branching already. She may get topped, but I usually snip those seed-leaves and any of their shoots just because they will always be lower than any other canopy that forms. The second batch were all the rest. there's the lower three that are all on the same timetable, but the right one has a darker, broader-leaf look and is growing slower.

I think these will flip when the three medium size plants are big enough, and I'll just stick the two bigger plants in bigger pots.
View attachment 132888
Then the runt CaD and the Platinum Mutant. She is still a project plant but I'll eventually smoke it - so that's good. But these two obviously won't flip with the rest. The runt has that same broad-leaf look to it as the regular size one above her, so I may veg her a while and get a bigger stash in case the other one rocks.
View attachment 132889
😍 love from guadalupe mum. Snow Ice kicked in.

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
Here's my weekend update. The plants in the 2x4 look more robust. What I find funny about this is that the LEDs on the strips in both tents are all supposed to be 3500K Samsung LM561C, but I can visually notice a difference in the color temperature in each tent, and the plants obviously notice a difference. The strips in the 2x4 are the "Sunstrips" from Growdaddy and the ones in the 4x4 are strips I bought from Digikey. Eventually, when I need to upgraded lights, I'll just go with the same lights in both tents. The pots in the 2x4 are 7 gallon, and the pots in the 4x4 are 10 gallon (1.5" difference in the width at the top) so the size difference is a little deceiving.

View attachment 133082

View attachment 133083
It could just be the "bin" quality or what day of the week they were made.
Can you snap a couple comparison shots?
Maybe Ohio can change that when the Chip factory gets running.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Keep talking dirty.
Learning still.
Chronic Serious seeds single cola back in the day, nice pheno. Didn't need a filter.
A careful cure was a must.
Have Dotz that was smelling like bad pollinated by Original GG4, reckon the Dawg dad.
Platinum Ice must be desert.
I have to remind myself you are from across the water. I think the best thing I have learned is that almost all Dutch seedbanks or their subsidiaries are selling watered down white-label Spanish made seeds. It's what we in the US would call "Budweiser weed". If you know how bad American mass produced beer sucks you'll get that.

I think most of the seedbanks going now in the US are forced to be legit because it's a faux-legal market. Word of mouth all of a sudden became rappers making lyrics about your weed. There are a few that have gotten too big for their britches, but for the most part you'll get what they are selling.

You just have to be careful that you understand what they are selling. If it's un-tested F1's made in the closet where a dude got a few packs of regular seeds and started a company - you can tell. People advertizing on instagram is OK. People who's only means of selling you beans is via private messages and there's no associated company - it's probably that dude with the closet chuck.

Best thing is to find a breeder who likes to get high the same way you like to get high, and they will probably select for stuff you like. Then make sure you can get their gear wherever you happen to be. All you need is a single source that's reliable.

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
I have to remind myself you are from across the water. I think the best thing I have learned is that almost all Dutch seedbanks or their subsidiaries are selling watered down white-label Spanish made seeds. It's what we in the US would call "Budweiser weed". If you know how bad American mass produced beer sucks you'll get that.

I think most of the seedbanks going now in the US are forced to be legit because it's a faux-legal market. Word of mouth all of a sudden became rappers making lyrics about your weed. There are a few that have gotten too big for their britches, but for the most part you'll get what they are selling.

You just have to be careful that you understand what they are selling. If it's un-tested F1's made in the closet where a dude got a few packs of regular seeds and started a company - you can tell. People advertizing on instagram is OK. People who's only means of selling you beans is via private messages and there's no associated company - it's probably that dude with the closet chuck.

Best thing is to find a breeder who likes to get high the same way you like to get high, and they will probably select for stuff you like. Then make sure you can get their gear wherever you happen to be. All you need is a single source that's reliable.
Before the internet, was only magazines to order from.
It was a pretty "level" playing field back then,
for most of the world, Dutch Seed Banks was all we had.
But US had all those homegrown seeds from across the country being found or traded and grown, then found, grown and traded etc.

I'll have to agree, not the same seed anymore.
I got my first seeds from Holland in 82', (?)
Your not gonna find anything,
but a modern "version" of the legends of the past.

Maybe some old backwoods hillybilly ,in the Appalachians, Smokies or Ozarks Mountains,
that barely has contact with the outside world might have Heirlooms" of those classics.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Before the internet, was only magazines to order from.
It was a pretty "level" playing field back then,
for most of the world, Dutch Seed Banks was all we had.
The genetics they had mostly came from the US. And they had stuff Nevill collected from Paki and Affy tribesmen and sifted through - he was a great breeder in his prime. But at some point the Netherlands decided to do a crackdown and pretty much no one was able to keep legit moms. I think the A5 Haze was one of the exceptions.

But they all had seeds and they sent them to Spain to be mass produced. They made new selections or whatever but none of it is the original stock like we have with all the clone-only's over here. I think it was in the late 90's or early 2000's?

Shantibaba just did a Potcast, and while it's hard to understand some of his slang or what he's getting at, I think he says in a round about way that they re-started from seed, so what? I'll listen to it again and see if I can understand.

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
The genetics they had mostly came from the US. And they had stuff Nevill collected from Paki and Affy tribesmen and sifted through - he was a great breeder in his prime. But at some point the Netherlands decided to do a crackdown and pretty much no one was able to keep legit moms. I think the A5 Haze was one of the exceptions.

But they all had seeds and they sent them to Spain to be mass produced. They made new selections or whatever but none of it is the original stock like we have with all the clone-only's over here. I think it was in the late 90's or early 2000's?

Shantibaba just did a Potcast, and while it's hard to understand some of his slang or what he's getting at, I think he says in a round about way that they re-started from seed, so what? I'll listen to it again and see if I can understand.
I manage to catch the tail end of some of the decent seed before most were farmed out to companies in Spain and Dinafem in 2004(?)
I bought my seeds right after 9/11 in Nov 2001-March 2002. Had to Western Union the money from grocery store in town.
I timed the 1st order with the holiday season.
I've never had any issues with ordering seed.
I always gotten them.
I read somewhere that the CBN levels were higher in the imported flower around then.
Sounds like older product or something.

Lurch

Super Active Member

To be fair Simon from Serious did some banging regs. AK 47 was one hit. The Flying Dutchman Pot of Gold what a money maker, in a flood and drain, and like nice afgan hash. Sensei Seeds NL5 was tops. I wish again. Dutch Passion White Widow. Crystalline. As in anything filthy lucre becomes involved.
The genetics coming out from your side of the pond are the "next level". Like Heisen says if you have a table with a 1000 cuts and have the luxury to choose the special one.
My first time in Holland I had Colombian and the just out Super Skunk for breakfast with an Amstell and was flying. Paid in Guilders. The Super Skunk minged to high heaven. Fruitily.
Agreed there is a lot of pond weed seed sold as primo.
I know where I will be sourcing from now on.
🔥 from Mr H.

Lurch

Super Active Member
To be fair Simon from Serious did some banging regs. AK 47 was one hit. The Flying Dutchman Pot of Gold what a money maker, in a flood and drain, and like nice afgan hash. Sensei Seeds NL5 was tops. I wish again. Dutch Passion White Widow. Crystalline. As in anything filthy lucre becomes involved.
The genetics coming out from your side of the pond are the "next level". Like Heisen says if you have a table with a 1000 cuts and have the luxury to choose the special one.
My first time in Holland I had Colombian and the just out Super Skunk for breakfast with an Amstell and was flying. Paid in Guilders. The Super Skunk minged to high heaven. Fruitily.
Agreed there is a lot of pond weed seed sold as primo.
I know where I will be sourcing from now on.
🔥 from Mr H.
Original GG4 S1. Heisen GG4.
Killer Glue a colab with Serious Seeds and Original Glue. A cross between Dotz with an Original GG4 S1 pollen( due to led malfunction) The GG4 clones were stable.
And a Banana Dancehall because I like the sound of it with a bottle of ovenproof white rum lol.
Waiting on my Platinum Ice to arrive with much anticipation.

Attachments