Platinum Lemon Cherry Gelato Contest Shit Talk & Banter

Come on girls lets get moving, were burnin daylight here!
View attachment 132909

Seems I'll be looking at a 3 wk veg and that might be tight to get eight wks of flower in?
My shits already midget grows, with this weak of a veg don't see how I can get any mature shots by Mar 1st.
Anxious to get moving!
Relax Slow, 3 + 8 =11
You get 13👍 Focus and you got this.

Last edited:

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Well, i haven't updated anything in bit so i figured id show u guys these sickly, slow growing soil plants....lol

In the pics the top 3 plants popped out dirt on Nov 16th.. The bottom 3 poked out Nov18th..
So these pics was at 2 weeks for top 3 and 12 days for bottom 3...
View attachment 132857

Here's a quick timeline to show progression..
11/19
View attachment 132861
11/25
View attachment 132858
12/1
View attachment 132859

They all are doing great so far imo.. Was only wanting 4 to go to next round but its hard for me to kill a healthy happy plant..
so might keep 2 in veg longer, and only pick 4 for contest.. still undecided.. will putting in final 2 gallon fabric bags today or tomorrow..

The Zero Gravity's for are short, compact , tight spacing, wide finger ( which i love), vigorous plants, even in soil....

There's 1 in my group thats has just jumped out to me cause of its daily growth.. you can see it in pics. The middle front row. Just thriving big time..
View attachment 132860
Not bad at all for 2 weeks from first breaking ground....
Not worried bout growing the plants part.. Thats half the battle imo with pic contests... I need help taking pics..

You can grow the best plants but if u cant capture the image kinda deal you're screwed...lol
Got a 48 mp camera on cell so nothing fancy here...
Sorry for long update, i just high.. lol

Thanks again @Heisen for doing the contest and for keeping this place alive on your dime..

Good luck to all.... You will need it... Lol
Ps.. Yes even you too @Hotwired /Huggy P..
👊✌
i have offered to donate and got turned away.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Best photos come from weeks 6-7, so they don’t even need to finish.
I think it's right as the pistils have started turning so you get that extra burst of color. And as they turn you sometimes see the calyx taking on some color as well - if it's a strain that gets the purples.

Buddernugs

Full send….always
Rise and shine gals.
Trying a couple in hydro. So far 6 for 6 sprouted.View attachment 132923a
Perfect timing for the 2 month old bluelab to shit the bed. Looks like they are replacing it. I think it was leaking water in the bottom. Started getting condensation inside.
Fucked some stuff up. Caught in time for others.
Runoff tested little low. I’d say 4. Was wondering why the pissy plants. Haha
Thankfully I keep a bottle of drops in case.
View attachment 132924
What happened to it? Did it dry out ? Do you rince it after every use? I went threw the same thing with a cheeper ph pen had to get a new one mine was getting hi 4s as well so bueno hope they bounce back quick

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I see there might be feelings of not having enough time to finish. There's plenty.
This is a Contest , not a competition.
This is about your "acquired skills" to produce the best "photogenic quality" flower pic.
Not who is first or fastest.
Just do your own thing.
The winners will be the ones that finish the grow. Those that finish with the healthiest plants will get tthe best chance at good pics. Those with good photography skills can probably make up for a hiccup in other areas of the grow.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
What happened to it? Did it dry out ? Do you rince it after every use? I went threw the same thing with a cheeper ph pen had to get a new one mine was getting hi 4s as well so bueno hope they bounce back quick
My last bluelab lasted over 5 years. Was getting slow but was accurate. It stopped when I stirred some hydroton in water “dope”. Broke the bulb.
Very rarely off when calibrated. Usual .1 off.
Once a month was my usual cal.
I stopped rinsing in ro. They say it’s bad for the bulb. I do keep the storage solution foam wet with storage solution. Never let it dry out. Of course it does get the odd. Fuck I forgot to cap, overnight dry out.

New one seemed a bit slow off the get go came dry. I usually refresh the storage solution in the cover weekly. Bluelab has a nice silicone pocket in the bottom with some foam. Keeps the solution from crawling out like some of the cheeper ones do.

I brew beer and my shop is quite cool this time of year. Used the meter while brewing the cool air was causing condensation on the inside of the lcd window. I took the batt. cover off for a day but it stopped calibrating not long after. I’m guessing it was leaking at the bottom bulb seal.
They are sending a new one.
Currently practicing reading the ph drops.
currently erroring on the high ph side. To get things back on track. Was sure noticing nitrogen def. Yellowing of bottom leaves. Few plants in mid flower really took a hit. Don’t think they will recover much.

Buddernugs

Full send….always
My last bluelab lasted over 5 years. Was getting slow but was accurate. It stopped when I stirred some hydroton in water “dope”. Broke the bulb.
Very rarely off when calibrated. Usual .1 off.
Once a month was my usual cal.
I stopped rinsing in ro. They say it’s bad for the bulb. I do keep the storage solution foam wet with storage solution. Never let it dry out. Of course it does get the odd. Fuck I forgot to cap, overnight dry out.

New one seemed a bit slow off the get go came dry. I usually refresh the storage solution in the cover weekly. Bluelab has a nice silicone pocket in the bottom with some foam. Keeps the solution from crawling out like some of the cheeper ones do.

I brew beer and my shop is quite cool this time of year. Used the meter while brewing the cool air was causing condensation on the inside of the lcd window. I took the batt. cover off for a day but it stopped calibrating not long after. I’m guessing it was leaking at the bottom bulb seal.
They are sending a new one.
Currently practicing reading the ph drops.
currently erroring on the high ph side. To get things back on track. Was sure noticing nitrogen def. Yellowing of bottom leaves. Few plants in mid flower really took a hit. Don’t think they will recover much.
Hey man fuck ups happen….that’s how ya get good god speed on the grow buddy

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Man, my Platinum Frostings are so slow growing. I think I might have over fed them too early.

I’m not out yet, but if they don’t “catch” in a week or so, I may have to throw in the towel.