Platinum Lemon Cherry Gelato Contest Shit Talk & Banter

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Ok maybe try lol. But how’s it work on seeds?
Short answer is there's lots of good hormones and stuff in the aloe. There's the same analgesic you find in willow bark that they make aspirin from, but in higher concentrations. This is a note from people trying to sell the powder

Horticultural Aloe
  1. The Lignin's in Aloe Vera allow the plants to utilize the nutrient and moisture supply more efficiently with less stress on the plant.
  2. Plants grow healthier, larger and greener due to the plants ability to better use the UV rays from the sun allowing photosynthesis to take place more efficiently.
So fresh is best. the main thing to know is that if it includes the skin and all that yellow sap it is not for human consumption. You can skin it and wash it and just have little clear jelly pieces that are then safe for any oral/medicinal use. I think it's a laxative among other things. But for our weed purposes you can just put part of a leaf in the blender with water.

If you keep a plant it's best to snip half a leaf instead of pulling leaves off. The half-leaves seal up and continue to grow and get fat.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Short answer is there's lots of good hormones and stuff in the aloe. There's the same analgesic you find in willow bark that they make aspirin from, but in higher concentrations. This is a note from people trying to sell the powder

Horticultural Aloe
  1. The Lignin's in Aloe Vera allow the plants to utilize the nutrient and moisture supply more efficiently with less stress on the plant.
  2. Plants grow healthier, larger and greener due to the plants ability to better use the UV rays from the sun allowing photosynthesis to take place more efficiently.
So fresh is best. the main thing to know is that if it includes the skin and all that yellow sap it is not for human consumption. You can skin it and wash it and just have little clear jelly pieces that are then safe for any oral/medicinal use. I think it's a laxative among other things. But for our weed purposes you can just put part of a leaf in the blender with water.

If you keep a plant it's best to snip half a leaf instead of pulling leaves off. The half-leaves seal up and continue to grow and get fat.
Nice I always have a few Aloe on hand. Dip stems in when cloning. I’ll have to try on seed one day.

D

Deleted member 2835

When u opened the package did you get that glitter bomb feeling , all.the powdered mildew, russet, spider mites, hlv all that goodness people.like to send
No they were clean looking. I ordered lab work on them so I will know soon if they're clean or not. I'll give them credit for their inventive use of a tackle box insert.20231128_193123.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

M2BM

Nice I always have a few Aloe on hand. Dip stems in when cloning. I’ll have to try on seed one day.
Was wondering about the aloe. I actually got this for free when I was preparing for the comp. The owner of the company Rob was explaining how the aloe and yucca helps the plant grow stronger. He was very detailed and enthusiastic about it and gave it to me for free since I was in the comp. Looking forward to see the difference if any. Gonna start feeding them this week. Interested if I can get some aloe to add to an organic nutrient blend though.

Attachments

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Interested if I can get some aloe to add to an organic nutrient blend though.
The best would be fresh, get it in the flower section at the grocery store. Very hard to kill it.
Next best is a freeze dried powder. The real expensive stuff is usually from just the fillets, which have almost no biomass after the water is removed. You'll mix 1/8tsp or less in a gallon of water. This is the stuff some people take internally as medicine. Better value is the horticultural grade. It has the green parts and they have more dried biomass. And if it's freeze dried I don't think brand matters either. But both work, and because of the dilution you can sometimes find the good stuff that is cheaper if you figure it per gallon mixed.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
What’s funny is I never heard of this until the other day when a person who’s never grown before was asking me about some issues they were having germinating seeds and they sent me a video showing this and said they used cinnamon to “keep the mold at bay”. I thought it was kinda weird that they didn’t know that they needed light once they’ve sprouted but knew to do something like that, but now that I think about it they probably googled it and found the same info you did. Here’s a picture from the video they sent.
IMG_5124.png