Platinum Lemon Cherry Gelato Contest Shit Talk & Banter

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I struggle with heat, using infrared this year. So it doesn't dry out your leaves? I had problems with blower heat this might fit my need perfect for the really cold nights
I haven't had any issues using it. It's a really small heater so it really just warms the air up enough to keep the tent at around 75° when the lights are out. I set it on the floor in the middle of the tent.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I struggle with heat, using infrared this year. So it doesn't dry out your leaves? I had problems with blower heat this might fit my need perfect for the really cold nights
If the IR heat doesn't work I got some mica heaters off amazon that work fantastic. They are ambient heat, no blowers, but also cheap on the electricity bill. I "had" natural gas heat before upgrading my climate control for the house. I used those heaters after the old house unit busted to get me through winter and I ended up saving money. The price of the gas was about 4 times what the added electricity was with three of those heaters to maintain a comfortable 1800sqft house. I think they are 1500 btu each but I never ran them at more than half the temp dial. It would take about a day to go from a "oh shit, where's the heaters" to it being toasty - but it would then maintain that easy

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Well 48 hours later and not much happening yet.

View attachment 132391
I never do the paper towel thing. Seems too sketchy to maintain the right moisture. I figure after 12-18 hours in a cup of water they have sucked up all the water they need to get going, then moist soil in a dome won't let them dry out. 100 ways to skin a cat. I think the coolest was a dude that hung up a sandwich bag vertical with the paper towel inside. All the tails grew straight down.

Sorry but I think it's time I transplanted my baby trees. Look at them. Giants!! Look at that frost forming!! All in a rapid rooter with no food at all.

I look at your pics and I'm like, "ya ok, not bad." . Even AZnubgrower had stems about to fall over. Tsk tsk. So nubbish. But hugs to all the nubs out there from Huggy P.

Huggy P in da house!! 🤗 :cool:🤗

DSCN1419.JPG

DSCN1420.JPG

LOOK AT THE FROST FORMING!! You guys are jaw dropped right now 😲

DSCN1421.JPG

Huggy P delivers 🤗

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Sorry but I think it's time I transplanted my baby trees. Look at them. Giants!! Look at that frost forming!! All in a rapid rooter with no food at all.

I look at your pics and I'm like, "ya ok, not bad." . Even AZnubgrower had stems about to fall over. Tsk tsk. So nubbish. But hugs to all the nubs out there from Huggy P.

View attachment 132395

View attachment 132396

View attachment 132397

Huggy P delivers 🤗
Dudes in it to win it lol , tiny ass plants already got trich heads haha

BSGrows

Gardener

View attachment 132395

View attachment 132396

View attachment 132397

Huggy P delivers 🤗
Nub here, absolutely mind blown...I assume you'll be chopping this week. 😎

Kushash

Insanely Active Member
Good to see you kuzhash! And why pray tell are you not on the list this go around? Did you have another lot of bong ripping spider mites attack your plants or sum such?
Salutations Zaphod420!
If I had known, I would have asked to play. I started 16 solo cups 3 weeks ago and with the perpetual veggies I'm hooked on I'm going to be out of room for a while. No bugs in my garden except fungus gnats and crabs.

DSC02565.JPGDSC02570.JPG

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Salutations Zaphod420!
If I had known, I would have asked to play. I started 16 solo cups 3 weeks ago and with the perpetual veggies I'm hooked on I'm going to be out of room for a while. No bugs in my garden except fungus gnats and crabs.

View attachment 132401View attachment 132402
How well does lettuce do indoors? My wife always asks me to grow a ton of lettuce in the outdoor garden so I'm wondering if it's worth doing indoors over the winter.

Kushash

Insanely Active Member
How well does lettuce do indoors? My wife always asks me to grow a ton of lettuce in the outdoor garden so I'm wondering if it's worth doing indoors over the winter.
I find it easy to grow. We have had some incredible salads from previous harvests. These look great but last night the lettuce was very irony. Could be it is past the prime time to harvest, could be lack of moisture IDK.

D

Deleted member 60

Had to ditch the LED. It may save a few bucks on energy but I need the heat and missed the purty blue light.

Now the babies are under the 600MH in the "vintage" :LOL:Cool Tube and are nice and warm. It's so cool down there outside the tent (still 50F) I'm just exchanging the air every-so-often for the fresh air...not for the purpose of cooling the space.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Had to ditch the LED. It may save a few bucks on energy but I need the heat and missed the purty blue light.

Now the babies are under the 600MH in the "vintage" :LOL:Cool Tube and are nice and warm. It's so cool down there outside the tent (still 50F) I'm just exchanging the air every-so-often for the fresh air...not for the purpose of cooling the space.
Have you ever looked at "sand batteries"? Once it's hot, it will last a good while.
They will last while lights out.
It something will need to do everyday, or at least on those cold nights.
Gonna put one under the angled floor of the "bleacher style" system I came up with.
More square footage of canopy too.
It will be the warmest room in the house.
I might just sleep with the plants. lol

D

Deleted member 60

I'm just in the shoulder season here on both fronts. It's too warm to fire up the wood stove...and the girls are young enough I can't really get the lights crankin'. That dimmed LED was weaksauce for heat. Like a floating piece of ice...LOL. I'll have to check out what yer referencing...