Platinum Lemon Cherry Gelato Contest Shit Talk & Banter

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
i would love to try em as a outie ,the best plants are sun grown in my book,my cane thicket is only about 10 ft. tall reall limites how tall you can let them grow
That's if you just let them go all natural. Knowing the indoor tricks we know you can top it, supercrop, even toss a net over and scrog it. Some stuff doesn't translate well to outdoors, but the training things do.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
That's if you just let them go all natural. Knowing the indoor tricks we know you can top it, supercrop, even toss a net over and scrog it. Some stuff doesn't translate well to outdoors, but the training things do.
have yet to try al lot of things with outie as too many eyes tied to a mouth. new dayly count on catfish is 5 game wardens are living at the big dam upriver from here,a friend was fussing the other day about ,they were getting really pushie! not good pr for game wardens in my book.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Probably the best seeds I have ever made in these groups. Just went through with a video and shot all the plants from the seeds I just made including the new stardawg females.

Man, nice work Heisen...
New Stardawg line sounds nice.. right up my alley...
Are u going to be making any beans using the mile high dave cut of Dantes Inferno?
Can see it now... " Dantes Dawg"
Stardawg x Dantes Inferno... Lol
Just curious cause i been wanting to try that DI..
Thx man

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
i could use the he'll out of that kind of bean!
CSI Humbolt sells packs of 21 and still has some in stock. I dropped 9 and got 5 girls, and it did well under an AC Infinity 100w light that was at either 60w or 80w depending on the grow stage. I had a piece of dark window screen on a rack above them shading them while they were still in cups.

Deep Chunk - Humboldt CSI

I didn't get great weight, but it cost nothing but time and space. It never drank much or often and stayed healthy the whole grow. It could never be anything but headstash unless you found a great cut and dialed it in, but my first attempt just trying to give it as little as possible made great smoke - just not lots of it. It didn't thrill me enough to buy more and find "the one" but I have half a pack left to try again at some point. It's cool for what it is but it is a novelty.

I'm gonna try that low-light style on a few other of the shorty strains like Bubba Kush, or Lemon Tree, or Catpiss - a few others.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
👆
I think it might be a great way to at least do the early veg on "those" strains. The tent was initially set up for a mom/clone tent with intentionally under-powered lights for a 3x3. The Deep Chunk jumped to about 2' tall with decent node spacing and I flipped them - but that was it. There was no stretch.

Could be a cool bro-sci side project.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
This is the thread for Heisen's Platinum Lemon Cherry Gelato contest.

Contest Rules
  1. Everyone can get their seeds wet when they receive them (mid November)
  2. The contest ends on March 1st, 2024 so all photo submissions need to be entered by that date.
  3. @Heisen will pick the top 6 contenders and we will all get to vote. The votes will help @Heisen consider the winners but they are not the all tell end of the contest. @Heisen will pick 1st through 3rd winners based on plant health and bad ass pheno expressions

List of Participants (🌱 = Seeds Sprouted)
  1. @AZHomeGrown420🌱
  2. @Big Terps🌱
  3. @bluecrab1618🌱
  4. @BlueRidgeGreen Said he never got his seeds
  5. @Bobby_Resigliano🌱
  6. @BSGrows🌱
  7. @Chillin🌱
  8. @Dalton🌱
  9. @Dagr8 🌱
  10. @Evergreengardener Hasn't checked in since seeds were sent
  11. @FluffySquish🌱
  12. @Gonzo214🌱
  13. @H.A.F.🌱
  14. @homegrowncreations 🌱
  15. @Hotwired🌱
  16. @K@tM@n Hasn't checked in since seeds were sent
  17. @lakegrow🌱
  18. @Lutan🌱
  19. @M2BM🌱
  20. @MisterKister🌱
  21. @Mr_phenohunter🌱
  22. @northern homegrown🌱
  23. @NoWaistedSpace🌱
  24. @Old ST1R🌱
  25. @Opie1🌱
  26. @Promedz🌱
  27. @Quietly🌱
  28. @SF603🌱
  29. @Slowdrawl 🌱
  30. @stiickygreen🌱
  31. @Streetpro09🌱
  32. @superdave.Kc🌱
  33. @Traderjoeh20🌱
  34. @treefarmercharlie🌱
  35. @ttystikk 🌱
  36. @Turpman🌱
  37. @Weedkiller🌱
  38. @wierdly🌱
  39. @Zaphod420🌱
till some laws change ,for me!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Welp, yesterday was day 7 of 12/12..
On the average, all plants have stretched 2-3 inches so far..
Daily plucking leaves and nodes only leaving the top newest growths..
With this many plants cramed in a small space, i only want the best buds up top...
Huge ass leaves everywhere..
Stem rub terps range from b.o. funk, sauteed creamy onions, with a slight skunky gas on tail end??
Nothing fruity about any ,so far..
Still early , and i no it'll change but for now that's what im getting...
Good job everyone so far, things gonna get interesting in next month or 2...👊🤘
View attachment 133720
View attachment 133723
View attachment 133722
View attachment 133725
View attachment 133721
Heres bottom right that i fimd and it threw out 3 main top branches instead of usual 2..
View attachment 133724
Upskirt..
View attachment 133726
✌
@treefarmercharlie ,what is the need of the coat hangers at the corner post?