Platinum Lemon Cherry Gelato Contest Shit Talk & Banter

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Since its the banter section here, does any of guys no what to do if I take a pic, then try to load it on here but it says file to big?

I no ive seen others ask this in past but didnt pay attention cause it didn't affect me til now... Lol
Thx for any help

Since its the banter section here, does any of guys no what to do if I take a pic, then try to load it on here but it says file to big?
You just need to reduce it's size(not sure what the limit is) either by lowering the quality/resolution with the settings on your camera and re take. Or open the existing pic with whatever picture viewing program/app you have(gimp/paint) and edit/crop it using that to a smaller size then try re upping it and see if the server accepts it. 👍

Last edited:

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I made this Platinum Frosting label using AI and Gimp. All I used Gimp for was to add the text, the weed leaf, and the Oreo. The rest was generated with AI by asking it to create an image of a cup of Lemon Cherry Gelato with platinum colored frosting. I thought it came out pretty cool.
View attachment 135362
I'll bet none of these plants are gonna taste like what this looks like. lol
Program the smells into it from your flower along with the name, see what it spits out. lol

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
You just need to reduce it's size(not sure what the limit is) either by lowering the quality/resolution with the settings on your camera and re take. Or open the existing pic with whatever picture viewing program/app you have(gimp/paint) and edit/crop it using that to a smaller size then try re upping it and see if the server accepts it. 👍
Thank u Zaphod420..
Will go try that..

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'll bet none of these plants are gonna taste like what this looks like. lol
Program the smells into it from your flower along with the name, see what it spits out. lol
I know how and where you grow it is gonna change how they express, but I think we should all be in the same ballpark.
Like, there might be citrus or no citrus, but if it is there each of us might have different levels of citrus.

I am personally getting more dank than I was expecting. The early one is now like a cinnamon toast cereal. Until you grind it then it gets sour and nasty-good.

The taste is great, but nothing to do with the smell, I'll post it when I figure it out.

If it doesn't check a box, it's that the high only lasts about an hour. It's a great hour :cool: but then you want another joint, or to eat.
But I took it at first amber so that's on me. I'm happy with the early trial run.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I know how and where you grow it is gonna change how they express, but I think we should all be in the same ballpark.
Like, there might be citrus or no citrus, but if it is there each of us might have different levels of citrus.

I am personally getting more dank than I was expecting. The early one is now like a cinnamon toast cereal. Until you grind it then it gets sour and nasty-good.

The taste is great, but nothing to do with the smell, I'll post it when I figure it out.

If it doesn't check a box, it's that the high only lasts about an hour. It's a great hour :cool: but then you want another joint, or to eat.
But I took it at first amber so that's on me. I'm happy with the early trial run.
This stuff's got SLH ancestor.
One of the best genetics ever made.
My opinion

Promedz

Zeus
Why didn't you put this pic in with your contest submission? That's a killer photo. I can add it to your submission if you need me to.
He has to many great pics to choose from! omg the taste from the organic growing must be crazy. Maybe someday, how do you handle the the living things that are not good? Just like random bugs? Will the soil attract like ants or anything? Sorry for the noob questions I’ve never dealt with or really learned about living soil other than it has living bugs inside that are good for the soil?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Why didn't you put this pic in with your contest submission? That's a killer photo. I can add it to your submission if you need me to.
I already told you why LOL

And @Heisen can still have the pic for promotional thingy's or a pack-pic if he likes.

That was the reason I even mentioned it. It is some photogenic weed, and you never can tell which ones go downhill later in flower. I made my bed as far as the contest goes and can sleep comfortably in it. But if you need the data for the contest pics feel free to transter that over sine I can't edit the post.

And yes, it's a good pic right? 😂

Promedz

Zeus
@NoWaistedSpace For me it would be:
Chunk-a-Dunk
5g pot, AC Infinity Ionboard 33 at 80% with AC Infinity exhaust and clip fans.
Un-topped tree, pruned a few lower limbs after flowers set and I could see what would be larf. Pruned the fan leaves if they got in the way.
Living soil amended with Craft Blend ad a few other things, RO water, fed assorted ferments and castings extracts.
28 days 18/6,
70 days 11.5/12.5
View attachment 135433

For @treefarmercharlie that description is accurate if that becomes a thing and you want to clip it to my contest photo have at it.
. 70 days you have it super dialed in. No pistils regrowing I’ve been reading what you’re posting and learning a little but the plants look amazing. About to get some chunk a dunk seeds

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
He has to many great pics to choose from! omg the taste from the organic growing must be crazy. Maybe someday, how do you handle the the living things that are not good? Just like random bugs? Will the soil attract like ants or anything? Sorry for the noob questions I’ve never dealt with or really learned about living soil other than it has living bugs inside that are good for the soil?
Just keep your grow room clean and you shouldn't have any issue with bad bugs. To be extra safe I have filter pads in my air intake ports. They aren't super fine filters, they are just enough to help keep bugs from getting in the tent when it's closed up. I've been growing in living soil for years now and have never had any issues with pests.

Promedz

Zeus
Just reading real quick on the build a soil site I see it’s super soil you made. And I did try that one time. I bought a bag from the grow store and my god was it filled with aphids it was like my second grow so I had to start over or Nuke the room with merit70 or something like that it was so long ago. But I decided to start over. Like always. Bad experience from store bought super soil.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I moved it over here (banter) so there's no issue. The difference is that I'm asking nothing of the plants they don't want to do naturally. The soil is amended with craft blend from build-a-soil between grows, but not much. I use a 1c scoop into a cement-mixer full of soil. I have fresh worm castings and stuff to add as well.

As far as bugs - I love 'em! I just bought sachet's of the good bugs to supplement what I have aready in the soil. The thing that's hard to grasp until you get into it is that living soil isn't just having worms in it, or adding a dose of Recharge. It is having enough good life of all sizes in the soil to overpower any bad things that happen by.

If you look in a well-kept worm bin there's not just worms. There are millions of little white mites and smaller organisms that help shred all the decomposed matter - which the worms can then eat. They have no teeth. I have not had a single issue with gnats since I got my soil established after a few grows.

So yes, there are bugs in my tents, but they love the environment I created in the pots, not the intense light and wind out in the tent. I have to dig to find the "life".

It's not scary LOL

Promedz

Zeus
I moved it over here (banter) so there's no issue. The difference is that I'm asking nothing of the plants they don't want to do naturally. The soil is amended with craft blend from build-a-soil between grows, but not much. I use a 1c scoop into a cement-mixer full of soil. I have fresh worm castings and stuff to add as well.

As far as bugs - I love 'em! I just bought sachet's of the good bugs to supplement what I have aready in the soil. The thing that's hard to grasp until you get into it is that living soil isn't just having worms in it, or adding a dose of Recharge. It is having enough good life of all sizes in the soil to overpower any bad things that happen by.

If you look in a well-kept worm bin there's not just worms. There are millions of little white mites and smaller organisms that help shred all the decomposed matter - which the worms can then eat. They have no teeth. I have not had a single issue with gnats since I got my soil established after a few grows.

So yes, there are bugs in my tents, but they love the environment I created in the pots, not the intense light and wind out in the tent. I have to dig to find the "life".

It's not scary LOL
sure sounds it lol but you def got it dialed in the bud looks so tasty and very ripe. Just how I like it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@promeds As far as "supersoil" that was designed as a water-only soil with lots of minerals and nutrition already included, but not the life part. I think it was more intended for guerilla grows out in the woods where you can't tend the plants - and the life is already out there.

Promedz

Zeus
Yes your right two diff things I only tried the super soil. I was growing some subcool strains and was a noob just learning. I literally tried any and everything once. Made so Many mistakes but that is what got me here. Living soil might be next on my list. I really want to try that bud lol

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Just reading real quick on the build a soil site I see it’s super soil you made. And I did try that one time. I bought a bag from the grow store and my god was it filled with aphids it was like my second grow so I had to start over or Nuke the room with merit70 or something like that it was so long ago. But I decided to start over. Like always. Bad experience from store bought super soil.
Yeah, some places just have infested soil, so you've got to check it. I only get my indoor soil from local stores that store it inside and keep their shit clean.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Yes your right two diff things I only tried the super soil. I was growing some subcool strains and was a noob just learning. I literally tried any and everything once. Made so Many mistakes but that is what got me here. Living soil might be next on my list. I really want to try that bud lol
I started with the "take-n-bake" soil kit from build-a-soil. It was about $300 and had free shipping and was basically a pallet full of stuff to mix up, including a 100g cloth pot to mix it in. The initial batch worked out to 70g of soil and the worms were all it didn't come with. 4 years now and I have about twice that volume.

Occasionally I'll add some raw peat to the mix to fluff it up, but the rice hulls getting gradually mixed in from the mulch has kept it pretty good. When I get stuff like peat or whatever I get it from a reputable source, but online. I'll pay a little shipping if needed. No matter how great the product there's no telling how long Ace Hardware has had it, or if it is sitting out in the weather. You can get stuff off amazon just fine if you look at where stuff ships from. If you get Coast of Maine seed starter and it is shipped direct from the people that put it in the sack it doesn't matter that they use amazon as a storefront for sales. If it ships from a pallet of Ocean Forest sitting at the amazon warehouse shipping facility it might as well be Ace. Or from a mondo-reseller that has all the soils.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Another factor that helps me end up with good finished plants is that I ask nothing of them. My lights are high and dimmed, temps high 70's lights on, and since there's no starvation at the end (a.k.a. flushing LOL) the leaves are fine at harvest instead of being crispy dead things.

My plants seem to go longer than anticipated and I think it's because they want to as long as us opposable thumb dudes stay out of the way.

The drawback since I didn't push the lights or feed them mass quantities of intraveinous minerals is that I don't get weight unless the genetics say so. I could never make a living on it unless I found the few strains that really packed it on. I have gotten as little as 3/4 ounce from a plant in a 5g pot. I have also gotten 3oz - but it's all based on what the plant wants to do. If I want a little more smoke I'll veg a week or two longer and put it in a 7g pot. Nothing else really changes. Let the plant be the plant.

Lurch

Super Active Member
Another factor that helps me end up with good finished plants is that I ask nothing of them. My lights are high and dimmed, temps high 70's lights on, and since there's no starvation at the end (a.k.a. flushing LOL) the leaves are fine at harvest instead of being crispy dead things.

My plants seem to go longer than anticipated and I think it's because they want to as long as us opposable thumb dudes stay out of the way.

The drawback since I didn't push the lights or feed them mass quantities of intraveinous minerals is that I don't get weight unless the genetics say so. I could never make a living on it unless I found the few strains that really packed it on. I have gotten as little as 3/4 ounce from a plant in a 5g pot. I have also gotten 3oz - but it's all based on what the plant wants to do. If I want a little more smoke I'll veg a week or two longer and put it in a 7g pot. Nothing else really changes. Let the plant be the plant.
Oh if the Ganja God's allowed.
Rusty in the land of hemp ropes for boats, the godless and your nicked, we ain't got the luxury.
However one endeavours regardless.
Maples are fickle, they don't like full light. That purple Maple pic was O sensei Gangsta, Osu.