Personal All-Time Favorites?

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
Was just curious as to what everyone’s favorite strains are, i’m set on seeds for my next few grows but by the time I finish through what I’ve bought now, I should have everything I need to start breeding strains I like and to keep somewhat of a Seedbank for use between myself and my other friends who have their medical cards. I am not necessarily the type to try all kinds of random strains with no goal other than to try more strains, all the flower I use has a specific purpose, so I would like to curate a collection of genetics fit to treat any of my issues. Please include the seed name and the breeder of the strain. Also, If you only have a recommendation for one or two of the categories but not all, I would still love to hear your feedback. So here goes, I appreciate anybody who participates :)

Favorite Strain Overall:
Favorite Strain for Sleep:
Favorite Strain for Energy:
Favorite Social Strain:
Favorite 1:1 CBD Strain:
Favorite Strain for Ease of Grow:
Favorite Breeder for Consistency:
Favorite Overall Breeder:

Again, I thank you for giving me your feedback, and I look forward to hearing everyone’s answers!

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Since everyone reacts differently to cannabis and grows their own way, I doubt you’ll find any consistency in the answers you may receive.

Personally, I prefer sativas over indicas, generally speaking.

I cannot sleep if I’m high. Sleep needs to happen at least two hours after I’ve smoked (unless I’m pretty drunk too).

I haven’t grown enough to pick a favourite, of anything.

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
Since everyone reacts differently to cannabis and grows their own way, I doubt you’ll find any consistency in the answers you may receive.

Personally, I prefer sativas over indicas, generally speaking.

I cannot sleep if I’m high. Sleep needs to happen at least two hours after I’ve smoked (unless I’m pretty drunk too).

I haven’t grown enough to pick a favourite, of anything.
I get that, and that’s part of what I love about this plant, it is so complex. I usually prefer the more narrow leafed varieties as well, but I do like to have a broad-leaf for sleep as well. I medicate mostly for my adhd, if I dont smoke something to slow me down, my mind is going 100mph at night!

GCG

Dinosaur
My favorite strains to grow were late 80's bagseed. Seemed more stable than alot of today's hybrids.
Also loved a G13 cross we had around in mid 90's, amazing plants but something happened about 3 years in and she lost potency.
Had a Original Sensible Seeds Blueberry Ghost OG that I loved but moved on only to regret it after.
Favorite smoke is too hard to narrow.
But Ghost OG is one I always enjoy. Not really down with the mellow chill high. Like when I feel it in my face.
Been high since 1985 so tolerance is an issue sometimes.

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
My favorite strains to grow were late 80's bagseed. Seemed more stable than alot of today's hybrids.
Also loved a G13 cross we had around in mid 90's, amazing plants but something happened about 3 years in and she lost potency.
Had a Original Sensible Seeds Blueberry Ghost OG that I loved but moved on only to regret it after.
Favorite smoke is too hard to narrow.
But Ghost OG is one I always enjoy. Not really down with the mellow chill high. Like when I feel it in my face.
Been high since 1985 so tolerance is an issue sometimes.
Those beans you got from me have a little of that old school g13 in them, the grapes 13 in the grape sato is grape stomper x g13. I had 1 g13 pheno out of the 4 female grapes 13 I had and she was nice and frosty. I haven't seen any g13 phenos pop up yet in the fem crosses but I'm looking, lol. Plus I got grapes 13 f2s from that g13 leaner I'm wanting to get into still.

Here is what that g13 leaner pheno did when hit with my old tangerine power male. (grown by a tester on rollitup a year or so ago) tropical fruit flavor and smell.gtang.jpg

quiescent

Super Active Member
Some of my answers aren't available options but you could easily find facsimiles for most of them. I've grown a lot of varieties over the years and have experience with lots of modern, currently available stuff. If you'd like to message me I'd be more than happy giving you recommendations towards some smaller, well thought out clusters of crosses utilizing some of your current stock.

Favorite Strain Overall: ECSD, hard to grow perfectly but when you're anywhere near close it is hands down the most wild first hour and a half ride of a high. Some people say the high doesn't last very long because the next 4-6 hours are incredibly functional. You can chase the dragon nearly every 90 minutes like clockwork if you'd like with minimal tolerance buildup.

I normally (at least 3 days a week) blaze this in the AM, drive into work and kick ass for the rest of a 12 hour day and enjoy something else in the evening. It really works well for me. Haven't not been high in over a decade and this has been with me for the duration. Taste and smell are off the chain. Coats your mouth and gags out the squares within seconds of it hitting air.

Favorite Strain for Sleep: pre98 bubba x deep chunk, stoned as fuck for an hour or two then night night if you were anywhere near tired. Wake up with a wonderful afterglow that lasted hours, almost a shame to wake n bake after this stuff.

Favorite Strain for Energy: I assume you mean, functional get shit done weed that still has a punch. ECSD or Johnny Blaze. ECSD will have you a bit confused at the beginning but it's very functional for hours afterwards. Johnny Blaze is a much more clean, happy smoke with a semi-racy first 45 minutes with hours of good vibes to follow.

Favorite Social Strain: blueberry x ak47, almost anything with blueberry makes almost any time a better time

Favorite 1:1 CBD Strain: never messed with strains with that high of a CBD ratio but I do enjoy alien crosses which have an appreciable amount of CBD in most phenos. Rusty at CannaVenture just restocked half & half, Harlequin x Cookie Wreck. 10 fem seeds for $60 with code justforyou.

Favorite Strain for Ease of Grow: Johnny Blaze by Legends, literally grew itself you just had to throw it into flower with a week of veg and wait 11 weeks to harvest. Had a pheno of Dr. Atomic's Blueberry Jam that needed a couple more weeks of veg but was very ripe at 9 weeks.

Both had these qualities: No trimming, training, defoliating needed... perfect miniature Christmas trees. Ate my organic base with a few guano teas in flower, never deficient, never overfed. Both yielded beautifully and were treasures to smoke.

Favorite Breeder for Consistency: mostly current, modern breeders Cannarado, obsoul33t, Swamp Boys, CannaVenture, Joey Weed, CSI, Exotic Archive, Karma, Norstar, Oni.... I'm sure I'm missing a few. Lots of good work being done these days.

Haven't grown a single Heisen seed yet but there's only a couple crosses he has done that aren't conceptually immaculate IMO, fire in-fire out.

Honorable mention, Crockett and Green Team. Not enough experience with either to say everything is gold but there's plenty there.

Favorite Overall Breeder: If looking at it from forming an Ark of seeds that check all the boxes, you're gonna need a few that you have lots of flavors from and a sprinkling of others IMO. Every breeder has strengths in different areas, whether it be fruit vs gas, smoke vs genetic potential, regular vs fem, post purchase integrity, etc. All of these guys have had their integrity proven through my own personal experiences.

For unique smoke first, genetic potential second - Cannarado. If you have a goal in mind they have some more conscientious crosses, fruit AND gas, just gotta sift through some options more geared towards smoke. More expensive than some others to accumulate an arsenal but worth it IMO.... very generous on the seed counts. Does both regular and fem seeds so you're able to continue lines or combine similar types to start a new one.

Had a potential cross pollination; my crosses weren't having issues, yet. He replaced them with a similar strain, no questions asked. I gave out both of the replaced packs with the potential issue known to both buddies. It turned out to be a non issue for the guys who grew em out. Instead of saying it's only x and y having a couple of instances, he just said yes. That's what you're supposed to do but some people in this industry lack the knowledge or tact to do it. I was already a fan of his work and he gained more because he just wanted a happy customer.

For female genetic potential alone - Heisen. The end results are gonna be great, this is without doubt. If you get the s1s you're getting an entire generation of selection done for you, easily a year's work towards a line. Very fair pricing, a little wonky but fair nonetheless.

For a great blend of unique genetic building blocks and smoke - CannaVenture. Fruit, citrus and gas or a blend; s1s of elites or crosses he's made and more open ended crosses with a clear genetic lineage; no silly crosses just to sell hype. If you use the discount code he's a great value as well. With some crosses he'll give you extras to ensure you get what you're looking for, whatever that may be.

For gassy male genetic potential alone - Swamp Boys. Their GMO x Triangle Kush/Skunk male seems like a great way to improve either ECSD or one of the OGs they hit. I haven't had the opportunity to grow any of their White OG crosses but I'm sure they're top notch.

There's plenty of other breeders that have a couple of crosses each that would do well in a real targeted breeding project but I can't opine too much lol.

Last edited:

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
@quiescent it’s funny you recommend ECSD, that’s actually long been my all time fave strain. I’ve got 10x Fem Choc. Diesel S1 by Useful Seeds, 10x ChemDog 91 S1 by CSI:Humboldt on the way. Any particular breeder you recommend for a ECSD/NYCSD fem?

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
Oh, I forgot to not the chem dog were also fem. I didn’t order any reg this time around, going to play with some phenos and I’ll order the males after a few harvests.

quiescent

Super Active Member
Heisen is making seeds with greenpointseeds.com now. He has s1s for sale there right now. I've grown out s1s from another seed birther or two over the years. There's legit opportunities to find something that flowers a bit quicker and heavier with a very similar smell/taste and the high is usually always spot on to the clone.

I see lots of similarities in chem91 and ECSD. That will be a great strain to potentially include in that group of crosses.

Interestingly enough I think the dynamite diesel also from GPS would be a good strain to dig through a couple of packs looking for a male or three. I actually have several packs of that in my ark, don't plan on needing em but if I do they're there. Should be easy enough to tell what male is leaning towards the ECSD side if you grow out those s1s and the Chocolate Diesel, even without previous experience with the clone.

I can't suggest any NYCD crosses at all if what you're looking for is ECSD, too dissimilar...... taken down a different path imo.

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
@quiescent awesome, thanks for that, I’ll order a pack of the ECSD too. Id like to keep a heavier, more narcotic broad-leaf around too, any particular strains come to mind that would play well with my diesels for a balanced hybrid? Again, thanks for the help!

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Favorite Strain Overall:
Sour Tangie-
untouchable flavour

Favorite Strain for Sleep:
LA confidential-
dripping with mercyene

Favorite Strain for Energy:
Kicking Horse, Kickass or Madhatter, 50cal.

Solid darkroasts to start the day
Favorite Social Strain:
My homegrown Smurfzilla-
eyes start popp'n when I hand out these buds.
20190706_005124_HDR.jpg
Favorite 1:1 CBD Strain:

Roll in Catatonic with indica on hand .
I have Philosopher seeds 'golo' mix pack on order. 7 strains 14 seeds. Mostly CBD mixes. It has a FrootyJack in there with over 20 THC and over 12 CBD I can't wait to give that a go. Don't tell my wife it's for her birthday.

Favorite Strain for Ease of Grow:
I have near death experiences in every grow, no-one is paying me to say this , but,,,
I can not seem to kill - Hiesenbeans - Skeleton Cookie

Favorite Breeder for Consistency:
I am too inexperienced to comment.

Favorite Overall Breeder:
Crockett Farms-
I have never grown their gear, although, when I cruise their selection, I want to click on almost every offering. I am extremely interested in their Harlequin X ( LA confidential X Harlequin ) cross, they call it 'cough drop' or 'cough syrup' or something.

GCG

Dinosaur
Just placed an order for Ghost OG fem's from CannaVenture. Adding one of my favorites to the stable is very exciting for me.
Forgot to mention earlier that another favorite is old school blueberry. Doesn't crush me like I usually want but always makes me happy and I'm a cantankerous old fuck so thats saying something.

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Just placed an order for Ghost OG fem's from CannaVenture. Adding one of my favorites to the stable is very exciting for me.
Forgot to mention earlier that another favorite is old school blueberry. Doesn't crush me like I usually want but always makes me happy and I'm a cantankerous old fuck so thats saying something.
Lol, guess I should have mentioned it with the g13 but honestly bro this grape sato is the closest thing I've grown to my blueberry from 2002, from the Dj hayday.

The grape sato cut I have I've only flowered 3 times so far, 1st run she got hit by root rot in first week of flower and struggle and I actually chopped her down and that's when I smelled her small 3 week old flowers and it smelled like grapeberry so I kept the clone. I ran it a 2nd time but again neglected her because I had other stuff going I thought was going to be better. She limbed through flower with a kick ass smell but her buds dried too quick to get a true glimpse of her flavor but I did get some great flavors here and there with each bowl smoked.

Well I took the risk of using her for reversing but I knew she had it in her, just that feeling man. And sure enough this 3 rd I just finished a week or two ago was on point and in soil and the flavor is all blueberry grape jelly. Nice body stone like an indica but also nice and relaxing mentality too.

The dynoberry I got at 6 week flower is smelling very similar to the sato so I'm sure you'll find something close to those blueberry terps in one of those crosses. Cheers