outdoor 2021

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I'm gonna wait to top mine this year.
By mainline method it states to top after the 3rd node.
By doing this so early it caused them to be extra wide and split right in half without literally tying the main stem together at the y.
Maybe starting em a little later to keep em smaller , if that's ur thing...

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
Check for daylight hours in your specific area so you don’t put them out too early. They’ll start to flower then switch back to veg if put out to early. Because daylight hours are not long enough to keep your plants in veg. This will set u back bigly. Or u Could always have a genius idea like @stiickygreen had and put solar lights next to your plants to help keep longer daylight schedule for your plants outdoors. Check your areas sun up and sun down times here. Just type in your city/ state

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
View attachment 84599
its just about that time again. I'm buying my seeds now and will be starting shortly. any pics, info, tips, tricks, or anything you want to share related to outdoor grows post them here. pictures are encouraged. I'm hoping for a good year. good luck everyone.
I've had plants that I planted outside that never vegged but went straight into flower and I harvested in mid July. Lol others I harvested several pounds off of.

619KGB

PICK YOUR OWN
Sub irrigation or blumats...in those galvanized cattle feed troughs. Running a quick last indoor run some dolato, lucky dog and some crosses from last season. The males are out now doing their pollen thing. Depending on how that goes will break into the CSI goodies. Things that worked well was the kushman chiropractic and need to make some adjustments to my soil mix.

Good tips

Last edited:

619KGB

PICK YOUR OWN
Additional soil thoughts are azaleas and Rhododendrons are happy near the same ph. I belong to a Rhodadendron society where the founder worked for the USGS 30 years and created this blend and had a local materials company make his fertilizers and soil mix to counter the effects of hard water. His explanation was the porosity of the lava rock absorbs and regulates the salts. I amend it 50% of native soil worm castings for planting rhododendrons and azaleas and have my own spin on it for my other needs.

Rhododendron Mix is a mixture of Mini Mulch Fir Bark, Small Fir Bark, 5/16" Horticulture Lava, and Organic Diestel Compost. Amend your planting hole with equal parts of native soil and Rhododendron Mix. For areas with heavy clay soil plant the Rhododendrons a little higher than the grade. This will provide better drainage and aeration.

Lump charcoal and biochar

"Charcoal acts like a sponge for the first 6 months or so, absorbing minerals and nutrients from the surrounding soil or compost while it “charges” or “activates”. After that it becomes an active beneficial component of the soil, providing housing and food sources for the microbial communities. Mycorrhizal Fungi will colonize charcoal and help to monitor the surrounding soil health, moving nutrients around as needed by plants. It was previously thought that mycorrhizae would only colonize the roots of plants, but it has been found that they will also inhabit charcoal. This will help them live throughout a winter when little root life or activity is present. The charcoal is sourced in 40 pound bags from buying clubs such as Costco or Sam’s Club, and can be obtained in larger quantities directly from the manufacturer."

Attachments

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
I was thinking about getting some bright solar lights to beam onto my outdoor crop this year. Was hoping to put the plants out earlier than the suns daylight hours allows me to without switching them into flowering. @stiickygreen gave me the idea. Genius that guy is! Any ideas on which ones I should get chuckers?83BBE438-ED27-45AD-9ACD-1B1B4771B084.jpeg

Last edited:

cedew

I've used outdoor string lights and then just put the lowest wattage LED's in there.

Those motions sensors aren't going to run long enough. If you wanted to put them out say April 1st and if we were in similar regions(NorCal) and if your goal was to simulate the daylight + twilight hours difference between April 1st and June 21st, the difference roughly being from 6am-8pm, versus 5am-9pm, then you'd want to run them an extra two hours. Those little batteries in there probably can't run for that long.

If you don't have access to an outlet and need to build a little solar setup, then we'd have to do some math and start with which bulbs you're going to use. If you were going to use ten 10w bulbs for 2hrs, then you're only looking at 200wh, which you could easily put together an overkill kit just from a trip to Harbor Freight.

cedew

I didn't do anything last year, so I'll be in the same boat. Gonna try to find some clones locally and veg them indoor for a month, then put them out maybe mid/late April depending on weather and probably run some lights until June 1st. I should have started earlier and vegged a mum then take my own clones, seems like everything on CL is filthy.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I was thinking about getting some bright solar lights to beam onto my outdoor crop this year. Was hoping to put the plants out earlier than the suns daylight hours allows me to without switching them into flowering. @stiickygreen gave me the idea. Genius that guy is! Any ideas on which ones I should get chuckers?View attachment 85560
What are u trying to achieve? Keeping them in veg longer?