outdoor 2021

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I recon they have many eating habits lucky me they always sawed them like cordwood, I used to have chickens many years ago until grizzly started keying in on them,after eating them all I rarely went in the old coup one day I opened the door and the bushy tailed wood rat had separated aluminum foil, card board, leaves, fruit etc. and put each item in a separate laying box they are collectors
I'm talking about groundhogs. Not sure if that is the same critter you are referencing. About the size of a cat to a small dog.
Hang on to these - they're special ;)
IMG_1061.JPGIMG_1066.JPG
This was when we were still friends, no fence, and he ate weeds. Now I don't grab the camera...

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
With male plants does it matter if I stress them out? Will the pollen still be the same? Maybe less pollen I’m thinking. Will the potency or genes be affected by stressing a males? Will it breed all males all females or will the pollen create herm prone beans or anything like that? Etc....? How long can I store the pollen?

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
It is hard to stress a male plant out, I wouldn't worry too much about that. I don't know if stress would affect pollen, It's only big enough to carry one strip of chromones so my guess is not enough to impact your crop.

Pollen is viable for about 14 days at room temperature if it stays dry. If you dry it out in low humidity for a few days and mix it with flour 50/50 you can pop it in the back of the freezer for up to a year. After a year it will start to lose viability

Only take what you need out of the freezer, You cant refreeze it. Store your pollen in multiple small batches

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
I'm talking about groundhogs. Not sure if that is the same critter you are referencing. About the size of a cat to a small dog.
Hang on to these - they're special ;)
View attachment 94103View attachment 94104
This was when we were still friends, no fence, and he ate weeds. Now I don't grab the camera...
I wish I could have a shot like that. I've only taken them out as they are tunneling out peaking out of their mound. I bought a .22 air rifle because 9mm was/is scarce around these parts. Ground squirrels are another problem too.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
It is hard to stress a male plant out, I wouldn't worry too much about that. I don't know if stress would affect pollen, It's only big enough to carry one strip of chromones so my guess is not enough to impact your crop.

Pollen is viable for about 14 days at room temperature if it stays dry. If you dry it out in low humidity for a few days and mix it with flour 50/50 you can pop it in the back of the freezer for up to a year. After a year it will start to lose viability

Only take what you need out of the freezer, You cant refreeze it. Store your pollen in multiple small batches
Awesome thanks for the info