Old timer wisdom dump

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
About a 15 minute shutter read:

It talks about changing the prohibitive ways of getting into the market. Plus the nickel on the dollar cut they get.(fuck you, pay me)

Supposedly going up to the house on Friday.

D

Deleted member 60

Makes me wonder what "legal" for-profit pot growers federal tax returns look like... how would they even have a registered EIN? Do they file Schedule C's? Are trim girls 1099 employees?
They have to do all the things any other business does...and more. It's a weird line that has been drawn. They definitely pay their taxes to the Fed...cus THAT would be the easiest way to close em down. FYI....My kid paid his Fed taxes on income made at the dispansary just like any other job. He trimmed on the side....not because he liked it..but because it was fair $$$ and he has a "badge" from the State...which is REQUIRED to even touch/be in the "employee only" designated areas (all on camera as well). Always short handed...they pretty much begged him to help...or scheduled him in a day trimming instead of stocking inventory at the dispo. The folks they hired in to trim on the side definitely got 1099's (and had badges). It's all ran legit.....cus they can't afford not to....even iof the Fed acts as if they don;t make bank on it all as well.

Good luck getting the edibles gig off the ground @aSimpleBaker. It's a tough market....regulations being just one of the challenges......along with getting the brand name out there. A lot of folks here in CO gave it a go early on...back when Medical weed was in it's infancy. Cellophane wrapped brownies and shit right out of people's kitchens were the norm with labels printed up on the inkjet. Then the laws caught up to what was going on (dispensaries were never a planned thing here...they evolved around ONE word in the law that allowed caregivers to "dispense" meds to their patients without fear of criminal prosecution/etc...) and things got more formal and restictive....packaging with warnings...limits on strength....and all the other trappings that eat into the bottom line and make it hard to make a go of it. I hope you can figure out the path to success.

LOL...as far as women....married my best friend 40 years ago this May....but we've been together 41....and I've known each other (50 years) since we split a hit of acid at the drinking fountain in 8th grade in '71. She got the dose and freaked out in class...LOL...I git a twinge and was bummed cus it was (supposedly) my first time tryin' 'cid. She never ate it again but I honed it to a science all through the 70's..LOL.

Again....good luck getting something off the ground.....
Many thanks in sharing and ya, I'm way late to the game, so I'm definitely gonna have to read up on that stuff.

Quite the ride of a life 🤣 I finally got to try acid for the first time a few months back. Was nice but only lasted about 5 hours and then it was just like a normal weed high. Pretty disappointing as everything I read was "expect 10-12"

About a 15 minute shutter read:

It talks about changing the prohibitive ways of getting into the market. Plus the nickel on the dollar cut they get.(fuck you, pay me)

Supposedly going up to the house on Friday.
Hey my roomie just sent me an article from cnn about that lolz

Testing would be easy compared to securing a license to do any of it. At least that's how it is here in Colorado. If you didn't get in the game at the onset...you simply/likely aren't in the game now. They severely limited the # of licenses here.....basically...the folks who stepped out on the limb during Med got the first nod to play in the Rec game. How are things where you are @aSimpleBaker ??? Can licenses/the required bullfuckinshit be had? Expensive? Or are you in that gray area we all (made so much money in) found ourselves in cus the state had yet to catch up to the game being played? Ah...what good, profitable times those were here in CO for those folks set up and running hard (2008-2010)...but I digress...
Heh, I've just gotten the baking right, idk about licensing and business stuff yet. This has just been a dream that I'm finally going to push myself towards.

Fingers crossed it's the latter. I'm in MI. We got rec just a bit back.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Heh, I've just gotten the baking right, idk about licensing and business stuff yet. This has just been a dream that I'm finally going to push myself towards.

Fingers crossed it's the latter. I'm in MI. We got rec just a bit back.
I have the Ardent decarb machine and it works amazingly well for getting the most out of each bud. IF there was tested weed you can accurately figure the THC. You can come close as is. But if you buy weed that has been tested you can use that. Just hard with homegrown to know it other than guessing and experience.

Funny thing....while "Federally illegal"....the FED has no problem collecting TAXES on thse sales/incomes/etc. Another severe challenge for the dispo owners/licensed growers/edible manufacturers/etc. (anyone handling/selling THC products) is that the FED will not let these businesses deduct the same, normal, operating expenses any other business can deduct. It's a discriminatory set up that would NEVER fly....say...,if they tried to do the same shit to gun sellers/ammo sellers/etc.... or to liquor store owners. It's bullshit.....like many other laws aimed at weed that are VERY outsdie the "rights" other business entities enjoy/take for granted/would call foul if they were treated the same way.
Very sad to hear

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The're having a hearing today, and it may pass the House, but won't pass the Senate. If it does it might get veto'd. In which case there's definitely not a 2/3 majority. So this is distraction theater, but the bill is there.

D

Deleted member 60

Very sad to hear
Yeah...it (regulation) put the brakes on a lot of this game for many here. Guaranteed.....if you are making products for human ingestion like "edibles"... the parameters are going to be extremely tight. I can't speak to MI......but here in CO.....Licensing which you'd have to already have in hand here...no new licenses are being issued from my understanding and a Commercial kitchen would be required for sure...and from there it gets expensive exponentially with State approved labeling...the testing @H.A.F. mentioned....and so much more.

Hopefully MI is different.....I dunno.....or..like here...there is a window of "huh"? where the regulations were still to come and folks were scurrying about making bank before the hammer dropped. Happened in Cali as well. One day EVERYTHING on the shelves was out of compliance cus new mandates/regs/laws on packaging/production/etc came down. My sister-in-law happened to be there and came home with a shoebox full of goodies...all sold dirt cheap to recoup >anything< they could from their efforts. Fuckers can chage shit on a dime...for sure.

I'd be lookin into the requirements before I got my hopes too high...and i'd want...like any biz...to have a huge nest egg I could gamble on the effort that I could lose without feeling it/screwing up my finances for years if I lost out. A LOT of folks lost out here. Tons. Not enough capital to run with the big boys...or unrealistic expectations....and they spent/lost good money with full on stars-in-their-eyes the entire time before they saw the writing on the wall. As my dad told me "starting a biz will either be the best decision ot the worst decision you ever made". Yup. He was right.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Due to recent OSHA guidelines, the safe loading capacity for my back is now 3 unless I install handrails and safety straps. So get the fuck off it! 😂