Oil

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Seems like it mirrors the old days of mannitol and cut to me. Spread it out....make more $$$. All I know is that what they sell in the stores are like 30% THC...so not much more potent than bud.

Part of it IMO is like folks head's in their phones. Gona re the days of sharing/passing it around the circle and laughing/etc. The RITUAL we all knew and loved is fast disappearing. Like the comments about de-seeding weed I've seen. fuck me...it was all a part of the game then... I guess..like "carts' are now. Just chaff in the wheat....

But to each their own..... yup.
The cart market in my area is a scammers dream come true. By far more fake one's on the market than real ones. If you do not get a cart from a trusted source or a dispensary there is a good chance it is fake. They have THC in them they are cut like coke in the old days. Thousands of counterfeit empty cartridges available on e- bay alone. One easy way to spot a counterfeit cart is to examine oil consistency. The bubble will move very slow if at all on a good cartridge. Stickygreen one advantage of the oil is convenience and stealthy no reel smell to it. Nice for road trips.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
LOL. Can't say the thought didn't cross my mind....heehee. I'm not in this mix/never used a 'cart"/don't enjoy "Vapes".....

Honest question.....I always wondered WHY folks mix stuff up like this when they could hit straight rosin/wax/etc from a pen designed to do exactly that? What am I missing here?
I've been making my vape juice before the wax,rosin etc pens became available in my area.
I did get a concentrate pen last year tho.Worked for a sesh or two,then needs to be cleaned without damaging the heating element.
Too much trouble for my liking.I only make vape juice now for travel.Im still very biased to consuming flower.I make rosin to dab on my rig on special occasions or to show off..lol. Dabbing in and of itself is a bit much.Too involved imo.I'll let the kids have at it. I'm old school.Give me flower! Specifically some I've cultivated.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I've been making my vape juice before the wax,rosin etc pens became available in my area.
I did get a concentrate pen last year tho.Worked for a sesh or two,then needs to be cleaned without damaging the heating element.
Too much trouble for my liking.I only make vape juice now for travel.Im still very biased to consuming flower.I make rosin to dab on my rig on special occasions or to show off..lol. Dabbing in and of itself is a bit much.Too involved imo.I'll let the kids have at it. I'm old school.Give me flower! Specifically some I've cultivated.
Are you getting any taste from the Extract solutions@Cob

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
Extract Solutions say they are PG,PEG free. on the container
Maybe they've changed formulas. From the site-
Ready Mix is a proprietary blend of USP grade Propylene Glycol and a Natural Emulsifier used in the flavor industry. Ready Mix holds flavor and is more stable than anything on the market today! Our ready mix is used to transform solid herbal extract into a flavored tincture. NOTE: Separation may occur if concentrates contain heavy amounts of plant waxes, lipids and/or chlorophyll. Winterized products work best.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
@Cob i have not tried it yet. Maybe soon i will try it. Just been kinda collecting everything i need to do it with. I am hoping it works for me. I can not consume the distillate i get from the dispensary just to strong makes me cough and gag. You rely have to wonder on the distillate what it is processed from. Seems to me distillate made from good bud should not be harsh. If it was made from trim , sugar leaves that might not be ripe yet could make it harsh. This is just my opinion i could be wrong i am just not sure.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
@Cob i have not tried it yet. Maybe soon i will try it. Just been kinda collecting everything i need to do it with. I am hoping it works for me. I can not consume the distillate i get from the dispensary just to strong makes me cough and gag. You rely have to wonder on the distillate what it is processed from. Seems to me distillate made from good bud should not be harsh. If it was made from trim , sugar leaves that might not be ripe yet could make it harsh. This is just my opinion i could be wrong i am just not sure.
Distillate can have terps added back in if I'm not mistaken.Unless it's the "raw" distillate.
This could be the cause of the harshness you experience.Who knows what terps natural or manufactured are being used,unless you do or can find out.
Then there is the production aspect of the concentrate market.Are the producers of these various form of concentrates being held to any standards as far as health is concerned? As stated previously in an earlier post,we are the test subjects for these products...it'll be years before they have enough data points to TRY to regulate certain production aspects.
I'll be my own test subject armed with enough knowledge and unending research and more trial than error hopefully,to come to an educated and safe way to consume it. Until then,I'll and just use it as I do now,sparingly, for discreetness and travel.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
Where do I get that?
I get the 60ml bottle. They used to have a kit at a head shop here that came with a syringe,shot glass and the mix.Head shop stopped carrying it but still has the yucky EJ Mix in there.

Green_256

What's a SIP?
hey guys, I'm wondering, what's the best "mix" to add to wax or shatter to put into pens? I get 1 or 2 drops of terps, around .5 gram of wax, and then what ever kind if cutter, that's what I'm asking, what the best cutters?

also what do you yall mean tropical oil? wtf is that?

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
hey guys, I'm wondering, what's the best "mix" to add to wax or shatter to put into pens? I get 1 or 2 drops of terps, around .5 gram of wax, and then what ever kind if cutter, that's what I'm asking, what the best cutters?

also what do you yall mean tropical oil? wtf is that?
@Green it is a long read 60- 70 pages but that thread on RIU( home made oil for my vape pen ) has a lot of good info on this subject. Well worth the read before you buy anything. Hate to send you over to the other side but almost a must read.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
These cartridges on the black market go for 40-60 gram (usd) in my area. If you can get the real thing they are not bad at all. I tried a GG4 the other day very potent. The Brass knuckles and King pen packaging make it more difficult to counterfeit. The two worst ones are Exotic carts and Mario carts. Probable a 80% percent chance they are fake in my area. That bubble in the oil cartridge should take a couple of minuets to move from one end to the other.wc 8 weeks 004.JPG